eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont agree. Perhaps I misunderstanded you. We here since ever, asking for new things. Well, I dont want nothing anymore. If the next PES is good, fine. If its not, I will play another genre. F1 this year seems very promising.
I think he was thinking about mentality of people, especially online. They dont want to work towards good teams, they dont want challenge and hard work. They want All Star teams in 7 days and they want fully assisted, laser guided, fast paced game. Dont want to work for goal - just want to score.

Again - I agree, but believe they simply dont know better. They never tasted satisfaction as a result of a bit of hard work.

Actually not....they barely mentioned anything about online modes so far. It's all been about gameplay and master league. No word has been said about myClub.
A look at the pre-order bonuses will tell you the truth, which is the exact opposite.
No worries ML and gameplay will never Overshadow MyClub.
All bonuses are about loanies, renewal contracts, coins and GP.

Yeah, I get that argument a lot.
"You´re old now...you have changed, you feel different, you can´t be pleased no more".
But I don´t buy that.

Maybe to some extent, but not to 100 %.
Because when you list all those flaws, you see most of them could be done better or reworked.
- D2 removed
- no better customizable cam for years
- repetitive AI attacks
- too less fouls by the CPU
- almost no penalties caused by the CPU
etc etc.
That´s not us...it´s them.
Yeah, I´ve grown old...that´s why I can´t play no old PES release no more.
It´s too robotic.
I like the fluid animation of the player models, ball physics and all, it´s just a few things more that aren´t right and need to be worked on.

A little off topic:
I´m a big Star Wars fan. I grew up with Episode 4, 5 and 6. Even watched the last two in the theatres as a kid.
Had many toys and stuff.
When they brought out 1 - 3, I didn´t really dig them. It didn´t suit to Star Wars to me...I didn´t feel it.
People who loved it been like: "well yeah, cause you´re old now...they´re good!".
Then 7 came out...was okay-ish at first, but actually it wasn´t. It´s been shit.
And so was episode 8. They flushed this series down the toilet, imho.
People still said: "Hey, it´s good! It´s just you! You became old now and you can´t have that Star Wars feeling back again!"

And then came Rogue One! I loved it! It fit to the franchise, I had the Star Wars feeling! No bullshit story, no bullshit gimmicks! And damn....goosebump moment when Darth Vader was standing in the dark in the space ship at the end of the movie. You only hear him breathing...the light saber lightens....and he slaughters the rebels.
Yeah, it´s me, I grew old...my ass! They proved how to do it right!
So I don´t buy that argument....at least not fully :) .
Not buying the "you're old" shit either Chief.
Played 6-7 games of Pes 5 the past few days on PC,and I felt exactly the way I used to do back in the day playing it.
So it's not me being grumpy ,but the game (modern Pes being crap)

Another little off topic, yet somehow related..

In the age of modern games, where everything was on a plate, you could get good equipment around each corner, there was more ammo than stones on the ground. Each mission was on the map and tips were telling you exactly where to go and what to do... One day Dark Souls came out.

No tips, no guide, no indicator where to go and what to do. Fuck all equipment. When I first played it, I turned the corner and walked onto some skeleton.
"Oh, skeleton, nice. Simple opponent to learn how to fight..."
YOU ARE DEAD..

that was Dark Souls. Game that decided to take different approach and make people work hard, learn from their mistakes and progress slowly and carefully.
And in all that modern gaming environment, full of people with "I want it now!!!" mindset, everyone went mad about this game. Everyone loved it. Everyone played it.

Thats why I believe that if Konami decides to go back to the roots and provide proper football simulation, where you have to work for you success - people would love it.
Same goes to online. Make people work hard to get players and results. Whats the point of handing out legends left right centre? After few weeks everyone had the same 11 magic players and after another few weeks half of them stopped playing coz it was boring..

Last edited:
Simple, they have to hand out legends because they can’t compete with fifa.

As MyClub is a candle in the wind in comparison to UT, the only way they can entice new players is with a much more steady stream of good players.

As MyClub is a candle in the wind in comparison to UT, the only way they can entice new players is with a much more steady stream of good players.
I think the only alternative is if they introduced a proper transfer market; then people could "earn" star players (with MTX). But I for one am thankful they don't do that. The scouting system is pretty cool, and I like that you cannot purchase 5-star scouts with coins, only GP. It's essentially a minigame, which can be really fun for squad building.

But what makes it difficult is how hard it is to actually earn GP in this game mode. So if you're wanting particular players, in order to bid on the scout auctions, you basically have to wait until there's a challenge where you can get a GP multiplier. And then most of the challenges have no filters for either team strength or PA level, so you end up playing absolute morons with Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, et al., on PA3, every game. It's enough to suck the life out of you.

They could make the mode so much deeper by adding a proper range of challenges and cups, packs as rewards (but not FUT-level weekend league nonsense), 2-star tournaments, manual tournaments, etc. And then having more forgiving contract renewals/GP rewards, because at present it's very much a grind, and I barely play it because of that.

Age does play a big part for me.

When I was enjoying the likes of PES3, I was in university, living with friends and getting drunk all the time. I had loads of free time.

Now I’m married, kids, work, bills...I’m not wasting the little free time I have playing bad/unfinished football games anymore.

And the culture today IS very different to when I was younger. Football fans wanted their teams to be the best they could, sure. But you get fanboys of actual players these days, like Messi or Ronaldo.

When I was a kid we supported a team, had a favourite player - but it was nothing like it is now.

Thats why I dont think they should try to be competition for Fifa..
They should try to be alternative. In all departments.

I used to hammer ISS. After that I got a PC and was hammering Fifa96/97/98/99
Then friend of mine lend me his playstation and some game called Pro Evolution. Dont even remember was it 2 or 3.
First game I played I didnt even have a shot on goal. I was shocked. Thinking to myself
"Well that was intense.."
Next game I had 3 shots. Not one on target, coz once you put bit more power it was hitting the roof. That game is crazy!
First shot on target (not even goal) gave me more joy than all fifa cups I won. First goal was like I won Champions League myself.

So do they really need to try to imitate fifa to get people in? At the end of the day they'll go
"Yeah, its ok. Similar to fifa, better physics and less teams"..
Should they not rather shock them with something completely different? Something that will piss them off initially and punish for every mistake, but in the same time will get them hooked to actually "git gud" and reward them at the end?

Do you remember grey background in Pes19? First time I saw it I thought
- aaah, that must be early built. There is no fucking way in hell they'll leave this grey background for release. I wouldnt leave it like that. You can do nicer background in Paint...
...and we all know the rest...
So yeah, no chance. :LOL:

Yes man, menu of PES 2019 looks really bad, we have to be harsh on this. And of course the grey background kills the experience completely. Also, sometimes the menu freezes for a 10 seconds when you have to select sides before a game, this is absolutely a shame that they sell it this way. If only they would do something like PES 2012/2013...

One thing I would like to see in future (2021) is position aptitude tied up to formations.

For example, how a CB may be only suited to play as a LCB in a line of 4 defenders, but not suited to play as central CB/SW or LCB/RCB in a line of 3 or 5 defenders. The same could be said for DMFs, CMFs, AMFs in how some of the can play in a midfield of 4 or 5, but are not suited to play in midfield of 3 or for SSs and CFs. Not all CFs are suited to play at the top of 3 forward triangle, the same way not all CF's can pair up with another CF or SS in a 2 man forward line. Some SSs are better off on the wings or inside forwards than as playmaking forwards or second strikers.

These should be beyond cosmetic of course, as in going beyond a copy of the Fifa model and making attributes, position aptitude and formation aptitude matter.

@Emroth
@janguv
I agree that they shouldn’t try to compete directly with Fifa, and in many ways they operate MyClub the opposite to Fifa UT. Any adult who doesn’t have the time you need to dedicate in order to achieve a top team would see PES as an enticing alternative.

As you’ve said though, it’s simply a grind to get the team you want rather than anything interesting. I do really like the scout system too, it’s unique, but it’s sooooo much more difficult to get a 5* player from scouts than it is from one of the special events throughout the year. On Fifa you have VASTLY more options and goals to work towards - tournaments, challenges, squad builder, not to mention the market itself.

PES just has ‘cups’ which are often no more than one game! its embarrassing.

Yes man, menu of PES 2019 looks really bad, we have to be harsh on this. And of course the grey background kills the experience completely. Also, sometimes the menu freezes for a 10 seconds when you have to select sides before a game, this is absolutely a shame that they sell it this way. If only they would do something like PES 2012/2013...

After trying out FIFA 19 menus i am actually pretty happy with the ones in PES. It constantly has to load a few seconds. The FIFA menus look way better than the ones in PES, but they are way too slow to navigate through in my opinion. I was actually a bit shocked too see that a game that sells itself so much on presentation had so slow menus.

A look at the pre-order bonuses will tell you the truth, which is the exact opposite.
No worries ML and gameplay will never Overshadow MyClub.
All bonuses are about loanies, renewal contracts, coins and GP.

Of course myClub will still be there and be a very important part for Konami. But for me it was just positive to see that it had almost no focus in the initial presentation of the game. If they had used their time\resources on doing a major overhaul of this mode, i would expect that they had promoted it big time already at this point.

After trying out FIFA 19 menus i am actually pretty happy with the ones in PES. It constantly has to load a few seconds. The FIFA menus look way better than the ones in PES, but they are way too slow to navigate through in my opinion. I was actually a bit shocked too see that a game that sells itself so much on presentation had so slow menus.

I don't have that opinion on the loading time in Fifa to be honest. Think they load faster than the ones in PES, and they also look more professional than the PES menu. Konami are lucky the gameplay itself has a way better natural feeling than Fifa, because the PES menus on its own does not invite you to constant revisiting the game. So in my case it compensates it a bit however I find it very disappointing. Anyway that's simply my opinion about it, but I hope they invest more time in the menu creating process for PES 2020

By the way, if you ever think Konami don't value their customers, at least PES isn't made by 2K:
Unskippable ads in NBA 2K19

I can only imagine the fury if Konami made us watch a 5min advert before every match that you couldn't skip after having paid full price for the game.

(Apparently, you could have bought a budget version of their previous games for as little as $5 that had the adverts in, but now everyone has to suffer.)

All we have to worry about is clipping and ball physics! We've got it easy! :LOL:

mates! look at last updates (1.05 and 1.06). i dont see this torn animations like in fifa. just open
konami makes pes 19 worse in order to 2020 looks better on backgraund of past game.
BECAUSE P2020=P2019 with veryveryvery little changes.
IMHO.

They need to do a cross or MLO from 2013 and current myclub. Make winning games rewarding and contracts stupidly expensive. Have different levels of agent, so if someone wants to upgrade their starting team they can do by doing a silver agent spin for cheaper gp costs. My favourite 2019 myclub team is all silver (and Lamela) and it's fantastic to play as. MLO was the perfect balance of earning to improve. If you mixed it with the current randomness of Myclub it would be great. I hate how I can theoretically have an all black ball side a week or two after release, what's the point? What have earned? I don't want to be handed a top tier side, I want to develop to it one the year! If PES did this, yes they would lose the current "All now" kiddies but they would gain so many more who love a challenge.

Unlike some I wouldn't mind a transfer market, just so I could make some gp. Maybe that silver striker doesn't fit my style, maybe I could get 10000gp for him and find someone better for myself. To be honest, I would just sell legends and black balls and stick to my 2 and 3 star sides where it's actually fun (except against white benchers, those guys can burn in hell as far as I am concerned)

mates! look at last updates (1.05 and 1.06). i dont see this torn animations like in fifa. just open
konami makes pes 19 worse in order to 2020 looks better on backgraund of past game.
BECAUSE P2020=P2019 with veryveryvery little changes.
IMHO.

I agree. Don't forget Konami are building this game from ground zero. They know how to manipulate every pixel in the game to help or screw some situations, they know how to tweak any move, animation to look and feel in some way.

Basically, we play on the ground, ground creat by them. We just pay for permission to be able to play on the ground, but what and how will happen are scripted by then. They want you to play, they want you to spend more time and money.

They know what sound to put when you open a pack, the sound of a coin purse was not accidentally selected, the moment of the player's gradual appearance, expectation and euphoria then with all those sounds, light and visual effects that make you feel good and to which you are so addicted, increasingly used in all gamble games.

They know at all times when to give to you and when to take from you so that they make you stay, play and pay. If you refuse to do the last one, they will just f### you a little bit more than the others who do it, in PES 2019 is so so obvious for anyone who plays PES for a long time.

Of course, they know how to gradually change PES 2019 so you to see and feel the difference between the games. They will put or remove some animations, will change some situations, reactions time and things like that, they know how to trick us. Maybe they do not have the capacity to make good UI and menus, but they know how to trick us, every single year...

Last edited:
Switching between here and Reddit makes clear the unenviable task that Konami has on its hands.

Here - and I'm team Evo Web - the perceivable majority wish for more fouls, more mistakes, more unpredictability. Like you see in real matches with real humans.

The Reddit rabble is scripting, scripting, scripting. Those fouls, mistakes and unpredictability will only fan those flames.

That winger cutting the bouncing ball back too far and missing your striker. Evo-Web: fair enough, that was a difficult ball to play. Reddit: scripted to screw me over.

There's a tussle on the edge of the box and your burly striker bundles the diminutive CPU full back to the ground, resulting in a foul. Evo Web: fair enough, that was a bit robust. Reddit: scripted to screw me over.

Over to Konami to find the balance. Or fail, as they will, as the balance likely doesn't exist.

I actually think 19 has been getting better with the latest DP's. Just played a game against Juve in my Italian league game. Juve were shooting from all over the place and Ronaldo was dribbling around the place.

I don't have that opinion on the loading time in Fifa to be honest. Think they load faster than the ones in PES, and they also look more professional than the PES menu. Konami are lucky the gameplay itself has a way better natural feeling than Fifa, because the PES menus on its own does not invite you to constant revisiting the game. So in my case it compensates it a bit however I find it very disappointing. Anyway that's simply my opinion about it, but I hope they invest more time in the menu creating process for PES 2020

I agree that the initial menu probably loads faster in FIFA. But when you get into navigating around it slows down. Just a small thing like checking your button config before kickoff....takes several seconds to get back from that screen.

I actually think 19 has been getting better with the latest DP's. Just played a game against Juve in my Italian league game. Juve were shooting from all over the place and Ronaldo was dribbling around the place.

I agree, in part. Feel it got worse in some ways but more variety in the AI attack was paramount and the DPs delivered that.

@Emroth
@janguv
I agree that they shouldn’t try to compete directly with Fifa, and in many ways they operate MyClub the opposite to Fifa UT. Any adult who doesn’t have the time you need to dedicate in order to achieve a top team would see PES as an enticing alternative.

As you’ve said though, it’s simply a grind to get the team you want rather than anything interesting. I do really like the scout system too, it’s unique, but it’s sooooo much more difficult to get a 5* player from scouts than it is from one of the special events throughout the year. On Fifa you have VASTLY more options and goals to work towards - tournaments, challenges, squad builder, not to mention the market itself.

PES just has ‘cups’ which are often no more than one game! its embarrassing.
Switching between here and Reddit makes clear the unenviable task that Konami has on its hands.

Here - and I'm team Evo Web - the perceivable majority wish for more fouls, more mistakes, more unpredictability. Like you see in real matches with real humans.

The Reddit rabble is scripting, scripting, scripting. Those fouls, mistakes and unpredictability will only fan those flames.

That winger cutting the bouncing ball back too far and missing your striker. Evo-Web: fair enough, that was a difficult ball to play. Reddit: scripted to screw me over.

There's a tussle on the edge of the box and your burly striker bundles the diminutive CPU full back to the ground, resulting in a foul. Evo Web: fair enough, that was a bit robust. Reddit: scripted to screw me over.

Over to Konami to find the balance. Or fail, as they will, as the balance likely doesn't exist.
You should have a look the conspiracy guys on YouTube who has whole series of scripted videos.
"I'm never playing this again"yet they put up 10+ videos on how the get screwed over in FUT/Myclub

Just realised some other text got along with my scripting rant,sorry

Last edited:
You should have a look the conspiracy guys on YouTube who has whole series of scripted videos.
"I'm never playing this again"yet they put up 10+ videos on how the get screwed over in FUT/Myclub

I'm fascinated by the notion of scripting and the debate over whether it exists. Of course it does, it's a video game. It's how well it's masked.

Golden era PES does a better job of it than PES 2019 which is disappointing given the variables a PS4 can handle and process compared to its grandad. So I can see where the scripting frustration comes from. Thankfully I can see it without pissing my pants. Or pretending to in order to get views.

That said, I've never believed a football game to be as blatantly unfair as FIFA 19. There's only so many weak foot, 30-yard, first time exocet missile thunderbastards you can take from Hamilton Accies before realising you're getting shafted silly.

I'm fascinated by the notion of scripting and the debate over whether it exists. Of course it does, it's a video game. It's how well it's masked.

Golden era PES does a better job of it than PES 2019 which is disappointing given the variables a PS4 can handle and process compared to its grandad. So I can see where the scripting frustration comes from. Thankfully I can see it without pissing my pants. Or pretending to in order to get views.

That said, I've never believed a football game to be as blatantly unfair as FIFA 19. There's only so many weak foot, 30-yard, first time exocet missile thunderbastards you can take from Hamilton Accies before realising you're getting shafted silly.
Yeah, Scripting exists for sure,not had (except what you've mentioned) a too bad of experience on FIFA with it,think Pes ML CPU when the CPU is untouchable,like a forcefield around them is even worse.
But then again,I play more Pes so.

So many conspiracy theorists

"Its not conspiracy, its corporate policy."

-
@topic
disagree with that one comment about the defending system not developing, most of the try-outs like 2012 were non intuitive, the added controls/mechanics poorly translated to gameplay

I’ve played hundreds of games of PES, and I’ve never once thought I’ve lost a game from scripting.

I don’t doubt there’s momentum changes, but this is whole “I conceded a 90th min header, it’s scripting, I was forced to lose” I think is utter rubbish. Until I see something truly ridiculous - my gk throws it into his own net, a 90th min 30 yard header, or I suddenly lose complete control of a player and he kicks the ball into my own goal, I just don’t believe it exists to the degree people say it does.

Those games where you have 15 shots and don’t score, but the AI has one shot and one goal, do people really believe it’s ‘scripted’? That they were destined to lose? What if I’d held the ball in the corner flag for 90mins? Would have flushed that ‘script’ right down to the toilet wouldn’t it.

@Flipper the Priest
“Of course it does, it’s a video game”
I don’t know what that even means?
Not all games are ‘scripted’ in the fictional-story sense. A racing game isn’t a ‘scripted’ event. The idea PES is as scripted as ‘The Last of Us’ just because it’s a video game is laughable.

Last edited:
Not buying the "you're old" shit either Chief.
Played 6-7 games of Pes 5 the past few days on PC,and I felt exactly the way I used to do back in the day playing it.
So it's not me being grumpy ,but the game (modern Pes being crap)
Mate, Thank you so much for this comment.
I have spent the last three years buying Pro, selling it and then buying Fifa, Enjoying that for a month and then convincing myself it is my fault I am not enjoying it and tinkering with sliders for a month before selling that too.
"I'm too old, maybe I don't even like footy games anymore".
Rinse and repeat.
After reading your comment, I downloaded PES 5 and I can't believe how much fun it still is. It is just an enjoyable game of footy. Gonna download Patch for 2018 kits and players etc and I think that will be me for awhile.
Cheers!
What is Bizarre though, the new foul I saw them touting at E3 is just a natural part of Pes 5. Had the best 0 - 0 in years.

Has anyone gone back to play the pes 2019 demo recently? I did tonight and the feel of the game is much better. Slower, passes are less accurate. Just feels the game is decent early on then with every patch the game moves farther and farther away from what it was when they released it. FIFA has the same problem. Patches just kill games for the most part. Patches should fix bugs online. It's like they can't fix bugs without screwing something else up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom