eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the dribbling topic:
I'm making a gameplay pacth. As I said, the dribbling mess in PES 2019 is all about inertia, weight, tackles and colissions.
This is what happens when you rebalance it:

I don't understand why, instead of tone the poor collision system down, Konami makes it more notorious and annoying.

Yes. Also many of those moments would benefit from a momentum shift depending on the situation.

This is yet to be well represented in football videogames in my opinion: how a close control (demoralizing or deconcentrating the opposition) or a killer ball can shift the whole direction of a match, even when both teams are seemingly going through the motions.

Very true,we should be able to dribble more freely,have the opposition on their asses when doing so with a world class player.
Even have our backs to the wall for 85 min,then a flash from nowhere getting us a 1-0 lead,and seeing the CPU just lose all hope and drive.

I would love to play with classic players like Dennis or Diego if they had all their skills well represented
Having a great dribbler and/striker having the CPU on their toes,they had the CPU keeping close attention in 19 for good players,seen that screen "man marking/close attention to player xxx" turn up in games.

I would say it's non existent in any sports game I play (Pes /FIFA/2k) well represented on the AI end at times though

I'm making a gameplay pacth. As I said, the dribbling mess in PES 2019 is all about inertia, weight, tackles and colissions.

I don't understand why, instead of tone the poor collision system down, Konami makes it more notorious and annoying.

Can you show just a regular 360 dribble? Which is very common, and is not requiring of any skill, it's simply facing forward, then turning all the way around to find a pass. This is when the spotlight of PES super agile dribbling is evident, and to me, is a significant eye sore.

From 0:55 until the end it looks amazing. That's what I want!

This is yet to be well represented in football videogames in my opinion: how a close control (demoralizing or deconcentrating the opposition) or a killer ball can shift the whole direction of a match, even when both teams are seemingly going through the motions.
Both games have tried putting momentum in the game and everyone seems to hate it.

In fact, it used to be represented numerically in PES when they had the 'mentality' and 'consistency' stats for players.

I liked it in one sense, but all it did was limit the players you wanted to use. I'm not sure which game it was exactly, but I really, really liked using a young Van der Vaart, but it was completely pointless because he had a consistency of 1!! :LOL: You run the risk of annoying the guy playing if you have things affect the match that are both out of their control and are not represented by a stat, it just makes the player feel cheated. Even though this was at times annoying, I at least completely understood why it was happening.

Thinking back on this though, it was pretty funny at the same time. Totti and Cassano used to wind us up no end too! Fantastic stats, but their poor mentality or consistency made them so unreliable. Some of the open goals I missed with Totti despite his incredible stats had us laughing so hard.

I actually can't decide if I prefer PES with or without these!!

From 0:55 until the end it looks amazing. That's what I want!
That's already in the game though? If anything, the defending at 1:09 is HORRENDOUS. Where is that defender going!? :LOL:

Can you show just a regular 360 dribble? Which is very common, and is not requiring of any skill, it's simply facing forward, then turning all the way around to find a pass. This is when the spotlight of PES super agile dribbling is evident, and to me, is a significant eye sore.
Do you mean just walking in a circle?

I felt the same way throughout the entire year! I'm glad more people are noticing the same thing, I thought I was just trying too hard to see things that aren't there.
L2 does something to the player with the ball.

P.S: Who else is going to watch Messi getting kicked out of the Copa America in just group stage tonight? I know y'all want that!

:BYE:
Thx for the reminder!! :BYE:

I wonder if Neymar will be a special cover-star of PES 2020 once he joins Barcelona again.

Also, I wonder if anyone will ever actually call PES 2020 "eFootball PES 2020".

I don't really see that as a hard to perform move for any player that's not under pressure really, mate.

It's not about the difficulty to perform the move, it's more so the animation of the move. The ball is on a string, it moves not only via the foot, but it is completely in-sync with the players entire body.

Granted, this guy may not be a pro, but look at how the ball is independent of the body, and only the leg/foot control the ball. His gate changes as the turn gets tighter because the ball needs to be under control and to take an outside push inside so he can turn quickly. In PES, the gate is inside and the ball always finds itself directly under the player's nose.

It may be a small thing, but players on the ball in PES already feel pretty similar. There needs to be a distinction between agility on the ball. That skiing animation that a lot talk about is because of tightness of these turns in controlling the ball without effort. It's way too easy to just spin around, with every single player, to get out of trouble.

If anything, there needs to be a fatigue multiplier as you're surely going to get dizzy making spins that many times!

It's not about the difficulty to perform the move, it's more so the animation of the move. The ball is on a string, it moves not only via the foot, but it is completely in-sync with the players entire body.

Oh I got your point now and it is true. The same outcome for the same move, performed by any player. Doesn't matter who it is, it's always exactly the same.

giphy.gif
You might wanna switch to another gif pal.

Like so. See how tight those turns are? That's pretty exceptional. No different feel between a CB or skilled CM.

So, is it just the animation you don’t like? Or that some players turn in the same circle regardless of ability and some should be tighter / wider?

Wow nice work, I didn't realize this was possible even through modding?

It looks a lot closer to PES 2014 which had a ton of potential in terms of respecting the realistic movement and inertia of football.

That nice! It looks like PES 2018.

Looks great but not for PS4 i assume?

Last edited:
What would you guys think about a "rewind" feature? I mean, strictly offline, of course. There are so many situations - dribblings, shots, passes - where I'm like: I wish I could try that exact situation again with a different approach. Imagine you are about to start a Messi dribbling but you get stuck with the first defender. Rewind, try again. I think it would help immensely with learning the controls and what to do in a certain context.

What would you guys think about a "rewind" feature? I mean, strictly offline, of course. There are so many situations - dribblings, shots, passes - where I'm like: I wish I could try that exact situation again with a different approach. Imagine you are about to start a Messi dribbling but you get stuck with the first defender. Rewind, try again. I think it would help immensely with learning the controls and what to do in a certain context.

I think that would work for a training challenge or scenario challenge (like in ISS).

Do you remember that as a training feature in PS2 PES? I always wanted it to be available in friendly matches too for those examples you mentioned and also for recreating real life moments.

No, thanks. I want them to punish me. To destroy me. To lay down in pool of sweat, blood and tears, thinking "ill get you back one day, you cocks..." :LOL:
I want a learning curve and if I fuck up - i want to pay the price!

I'd take a rewind to 2006 feature.

Do you remember that as a training feature in PS2 PES? I always wanted it to be available in friendly matches too for those examples you mentioned and also for recreating real life moments.
Yep. Elite knows!! ;)

Na really. That was a good feature... IN THE TRAINING MODE!!!

Don’t want it in the actual match. But, like a lot of good features they already had in the game, i want that back!

One thing Pes has always had is the training ground as long as my memory serves me) ,can't really beat that, invaluable when starting to play manual back on 13.
Maybe that's why I haven't "mastered" fifa as much as Pes.
Hours and hours of training passes crosses dribbling etc
Still use it

No, thanks. I want them to punish me. To destroy me. To lay down in pool of sweat, blood and tears, thinking "ill get you back one day, you cocks..." :LOL:
I want a learning curve and if I fuck up - i want to pay the price!

As always, it should be an option. True elite like yourself wouldn't have to use it or it could be limited to one or two instances per match. I find training mode to be too abstract and lacking the heat of the moment stuff of a "real" match.

I was thinking of that feature in Codemasters' F1 games where you could rewind after a fuckup or after the shitty AI was driving you off the track. Come to think of it, it would really be a nice way of finding out how scripted a situation is (which is probably why Konami would never get anywhere close to it ☺️)

Last edited:
@Chuny just relased the V2. Look for it in the thread!!

@Danny Henry this exactly what i'm trying to achive.

@PESV PC only mate, sorry

@MafiaMurderBag , I'm really surprised too. There is a file named dt18 that manages all gameplay stuff.
You can't add new stuff but you can set it up to your taste. Like Fifa sliders but hardcore. @avok23 did an amazing work developing a tool specific for this file. With his software, anyone with patience is able to mod PES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom