eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for all videos I've been seen, shooting looks very restricted as usual. Well I dont want to be a prick. The game really looks more polished. But looks like the things I dont like on previous games, havent been fixed, you know? Its just my opinion. Im certain that many people will like this game. Lets hope we all get a good PES this year. I will wait for the demo for sure.

Cheers.

Yeah, battling for the football is whats fun. That is nice seeing some physical contact. Animations are what makes these sports games look great. The more the better. I just got a hunch PS5 PES is gonna be good.

What game was it that we got two demos in order to give feedback before the final code?. Was it PES 2013?.
Not talking about PES 2014 "leaked" demo.

That was a great idea in my opinion.

Pes 2011? I remember the online beta first and the regular demo later.

So, somehow this guy seems to have been sent PES 2020 demo from E3..

It's at Konami France in Paris
D9WRkZXXUAAihO0.jpg

They also announced a new transfer system so hopefully no more buying Mbappe for 20mill with a newly promoted Blackburn Rovers...

That should be customizable. If i want to play a ML and transfer Mbappé to a newly promoted Blackburn Rovers, why not?
Some people like absolute realism, others less and and other others like fantasy football where Mbappé can play for a Sunday League team.

When i really had fun with ML (PES come to my mind), i played with teams like Sochaux, Palermo, Mainz and bought young promising players for them. To speak in terms of today, not Mbappé but Zyech and De Ligt.

In single player the game should be exremely customizable to have maximum enjoyment.

Shirts are a lot more baggy this year.
Its a very nice oportunity to implement nice and realistic shirt physics, like Pes 2014.
But as i saw from gameplay and celebrations that's not the case ...

Why even show it? It's literally ridiculous. Not to mention the insult to injury that you can't even have the classic shorts models in the edit mode yet they feature in these bloody myClub trailers.
Completely agree. Why even go to the effort of making it? They had an Italy kit for the Del Piero promo last year with a collar that isn't even in-game and the specific kit font from that particular shirt. What a waste of time.

They're not even consistant with it either, they've released a lot of legends without classic kits.

Proper weird.

Youre right about the spacing.. didnt notice that.. so yeah.. not a big thing for me..
But regarding your comment re 2019 looking better.. Nah I totally disagree... . 2020 player physics (body position, and build) looks quite a bit more realistic than the previous year. I actually like the colour palette in 2020 as well.. lighting more realistic for sure. So for me, overall its looking quite a bit better imo. One thing ive seen that needs some work, are the elbow joints.. look a bit too swollen if that makes sense... wondering if these things will actually get sorted out before final release or demo.

Last edited:
It actually looks worse, that.

Weird spacing between the 1 and 0; odd positioning of it in comparison to the name; colour palette appears too bright. 2019 looks 10x better in those images.
The contrast is just a bit high is all.

I think this one is a far better example

@aussiepesfan
Absolutely. Player celebrations in 2020 is a great example of where it looks much better

The contrast is just a bit high is all.

I think this one is a far better example

@aussiepesfan
Absolutely. Player celebrations in 2020 is a great example of where it looks much better

The new lighting in the pre-match menu is also great, really make the players look far more realistic (bar the kit model that's a tad too wide). Would look amazing if they implemented that lighting in the actual match at night.

Reactions: OBH
They did say jerseys will be sorted.
At the moment they look like heavy rubber chemical aprons..

And they will still look like heavy rubber chemical aprons. Only a big tighter.
It's not the "look" or the "material" what they're going to change, it is the shape.

@Chuny
So I wanted to go back to dribbling quickly if I may.

You mentioned earlier that you have no interest in using the skill stick, and that dribbling by just changing your speed isn't as good as it has been (which is fair enough! Plenty of people seem to agree with you), so I've very, very quickly cut up a video of Messi from both the 2013 video you posted, and me playing two quick games on 2019. (I had to reduce the resolution as it's not fair comparing 4k videos to 720p!). I've not touched the skill stick, the only thing I've used is the dummy shot as it's also used in the 2013 video.

All I wanted to ask was two things: The first is; unless I'm totally missing the point, what exactly is taking place in the 2013 clips that cannot be done in this year's PES? (@Chris Davies may be able to point it out too as you've also made a similar comment). And the second is; looking specifically at the last 2013 video where he's moving all over the place - do we really think that looks more genuine than how dribbling looks now? And would it really be a step forwards if PES 2020 was to go back to this style of player movement?

He's played two matches as Barcelona and says it's gone from arcade to sim. That's a pretty big claim off the back of two matches as the best team in the game.

Traditional game reviews for sports games are pretty much laughably useless at this point, but thankfully they're not needed. Last pes I bought was 17 based on the demo, the pes18/19 demos made me avoid the full game completely. Can't say I have any regrets. :)

@Chuny

You mentioned earlier that you have no interest in using the skill stick, and that dribbling by just changing your speed isn't as good as it has been (which is fair enough! Plenty of people seem to agree with you), so I've very, very quickly cut up a video of Messi from both the 2013 video you posted, and me playing two quick games on 2019. (I had to reduce the resolution as it's not fair comparing 4k videos to 720p!). I've not touched the skill stick, the only thing I've used is the dummy shot as it's also used in the 2013 video.

All I wanted to ask was two things: The first is; unless I'm totally missing the point, what exactly is taking place in the 2013 clips that cannot be done in this year's PES? (@Chris Davies may be able to point it out too as you've also made a similar comment). And the second is; looking specifically at the last 2013 video where he's moving all over the place - do we really think that looks more genuine than how dribbling looks now? And would it really be a step forwards if PES 2020 was to go back to this style of player movement?

i watched the video. in comparison, i'd prefer the 2019 dribbling (by the looks, cant remember how 2013 felt at hands).

@Chuny

PES 2013 dribbling was UTTERLY shit.
Like a stiff rod turning around with spastic animation and no feel of weight shifting and inertia. It was like a marionette and this was exaggerated by the completely fake and unnatural ball physics. it felt like a tumbleweed blown by the wind, with strange spin and gravity.
PES 2019 (in the above video) seems to me quite realistic, with decent footplanting, weight shifting and nice feel of inertia.
I can't even think a single thing that PES 2013 did better in the aspect of physics, turning, dribbling, ball physics, collision. This video is a proof that KONAMI does the job right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom