eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is it just the animation you don’t like? Or that some players turn in the same circle regardless of ability and some should be tighter / wider?

I think it's the success rate and how it's the same for every player.
I have sorted out the ai instructions into attack and defence. Still hoping anyone will be will to actually share what they think they mean. Its just like the translation request again. No body cares.
Defend
Code:
TransitionChase - Players chasing the ball right after they lose it

SealOffSideSurroundingPress - Force to centre and press (From tactics menu)?
SealOffInducementToTheSides - push to side and press ( ,,)

NetDefenceInducementIntoTheCenter - how is NetDefence related to SealOff?
NetDefenceCentralSurroundingPress

RetreatPressBack -  ??
RetreatBlockCreate - No idea if this means create a defensive block or something else
RetreatCrossBlockCreate - Is this just basic cross blocking?
RetreatBlockForwardPass -

DoublePress -
PassCut - interception

Attack
Code:
ToCenterDecoySide - Dummy run?

SpaceRunToCreateSpaceForOneTouchPass
SpaceRunToCenterForCreateSideSpace
SpaceRunRelaySquarePass
SideRunMakeSpace
MoveDownMakeSpaceSide

SideOverlapAndSupport
SideOverlapAndSpaceRun
SideLongitudinalOneTwo
SideInnerlap
SideCrossRunning
SideChangeToWeakSide

PossessionMfJoinDefenceLine
PassAndGoTriangle

OneTwoPassFromSideToCenter
OneTwoPassCutIn
PenetrateInsideOneTwo
DisorderByOneTwo
CreateSpaceOneTwo
SupportBackOneTwo

ChangeTriangle - ??

ForwardPassAndLayOff
LongPassLayOffAndToSide
LongPassLayOffAndShoot
LongPassLayOffAndBreakthroughToDefenceLine
LongPassFlick

DiagonalPostPlay

ForeCheckPress
ForeCheckLineUp
ForeCheckLineDown

EarlyCross

FastCounter
SideCounter
ReverseSideCounter
CounterAfterGkCatch

Wrong thread maybe, mate?

I'd want scenarios back from the past to be honest..
What we need is a ML with scenario's.

When you start the ML you have the choice: a "normal" carreer like the ML Always has been or another where you start from a certain scenario.

Some examples:

You start just before the january transfer window. You are underperforming (if you play with Man Utd you are 10th, if you play with Crystal Palace you are rock bottom) but you get a very decent amount of money and can buy some new players. With United, you got two seasons two win the league and 3 to win the CL. With Palace youhave to stay up and have to win the FA Cup (it's just an example).

You start just before the january tranfer window and are overachieving with a club like Leicester, but in het january transfer window the big clubs come for 3 of year best players and you have to rebuild. The aim is to play Cl in two seasons and win the FA Cup in the current season.

You start with 3 matches to go, you are fourth, but have an injury crisis. You are in semi-finals of the Euro League and in the final of the Cup. The aim is to play CL in the next season with some of your best players out for the reminder of the season. If you miss it, a Leeds scenario will follow, your best players will leave the club.

You start with a club like Southampton and loose some of your best players and the chairman wants you to rebuild with younger players (your sqaud has to have an average age of 25 years), he wants you to stay up and win the FA Cup in your second season.

You start in the championship with a club like Milwall. A Belgian (minor) sugar daddy takes over and he wants you to go to the EPL buying only Belgian or English players.

You play CL with a team that needs homegrown players…

That would be fabulous ML carreers, then we wouldn't need dialogues or legends as managers...it can't be that difficult, if i can imagine 6 scenario's in 3 minutes why can't Konami do that?

Looks nice too!
Although I'd probably stick to the new Stadium one, even though they look similar.
Stadium looks so much better especially with the way it follows the ball. I've always liked the look of Live Broadcast but its too slow with keeping up with the ball so not very playable. Stadium View thankfully looks perfect and also keeps up with the ball so you can tell Konami have put some effort into it.

Anyone enjoy play with live broadcast camera?

It does look similar to Stadium, but at least they've improved the broadcast camera by raising it and zooming it out.

i hope they keep the closeups for the sidelines and anybody that knows me knows i'm a sucker for broadcast cams in football games. They've been a bit better in other PES games though.

But for goodness sakes i wash they'd just unlock the slider settings for ALL the cameras though.

Did that guy just say stadium camera is fully adjustable, even though it looked like sliders were greyed out?

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

The videos show that height and zoom are locked, but in the E3 videos Adam (or someone else) stated that they won't be at release.

17c.png

What we need is a ML with scenario's.

When you start the ML you have the choice: a "normal" carreer like the ML Always has been or another where you start from a certain scenario.

Some examples:

You start just before the january transfer window. You are underperforming (if you play with Man Utd you are 10th, if you play with Crystal Palace you are rock bottom) but you get a very decent amount of money and can buy some new players. With United, you got two seasons two win the league and 3 to win the CL. With Palace youhave to stay up and have to win the FA Cup (it's just an example).

You start just before the january tranfer window and are overachieving with a club like Leicester, but in het january transfer window the big clubs come for 3 of year best players and you have to rebuild. The aim is to play Cl in two seasons and win the FA Cup in the current season.

You start with 3 matches to go, you are fourth, but have an injury crisis. You are in semi-finals of the Euro League and in the final of the Cup. The aim is to play CL in the next season with some of your best players out for the reminder of the season. If you miss it, a Leeds scenario will follow, your best players will leave the club.

You start with a club like Southampton and loose some of your best players and the chairman wants you to rebuild with younger players (your sqaud has to have an average age of 25 years), he wants you to stay up and win the FA Cup in your second season.

You start in the championship with a club like Milwall. A Belgian (minor) sugar daddy takes over and he wants you to go to the EPL buying only Belgian or English players.

You play CL with a team that needs homegrown players…

That would be fabulous ML carreers, then we wouldn't need dialogues or legends as managers...it can't be that difficult, if i can imagine 6 scenario's in 3 minutes why can't Konami do that?
Awesome ideas

Thing i really despise, since PES 2015
Look how Pique changes direction at 0:55 , without body shifting or foot planting. The model just turn like furniture.

Another thing worries me A LOT is they broken/missing frames animation of messi at 1:00. His model teleports.

Better not judge from a 30 fps video that is skipping lots of frames. Need 60 fps smooth video to properly judge animation.

Better not judge from a 30 fps video that is skipping lots of frames. Need 60 fps smooth video to properly judge animation.

I'm pretty sure the same problem occurs in 60fps 1080p. I guess it's a similar thing to what Matt10 was showing.

It beggars belief that they can revamp dribbling with Iniesta and still have this issue :CONFUSE: I guess only a new engine can fix it at this point. It does kill the game for me every time I see that weird turning/movement.

The videos show that height and zoom are locked, but in the E3 videos Adam (or someone else) stated that they won't be at release.

That would be very good if unlocked, to create the feel of different stadiums on tv.
They tend to throw this stuff out though and then it turns out to be untrue.
Let's hope.

I'm surprised no one else is pissed off at the fact that they haven't said a thing about tactics/formations. We've had the same superficial options since 2014. So limited. So restricted. Quite frankly I was hoping to see some improvement in this area.

I'm pretty sure the same problem occurs in 60fps 1080p. I guess it's a similar thing to what Matt10 was showing.

It beggars belief that they can revamp dribbling with Iniesta and still have this issue :CONFUSE: I guess only a new engine can fix it at this point. It does kill the game for me every time I see that weird turning/movement.

Exactly my thoughts. This awkward turn/strafe animation kills the overall good fluidity of the game.

I'm surprised no one else is pissed off at the fact that they haven't said a thing about tactics/formations. We've had the same superficial options since 2014. So limited. So restricted. Quite frankly I was hoping to see some improvement in this area.
I just wish they'd bring the directional arrows back for individual players. I loved that; being able to pick which direction players are more likely to make runs. Now it's difficult to make strikers (or any other player for that matter) make runs in directions besides directly towards the goal. Yes, you can change this to 'advanced' in the settings, but it's not easy to use.

Following on from that, why does PES still not have a button to make a player come towards you? FIFA's had it for a few years now

I just wish they'd bring the directional arrows back for individual players. I loved that; being able to pick which direction players are more likely to make runs. Now it's difficult to make strikers (or any other player for that matter) make runs in directions besides directly towards the goal. Yes, you can change this to 'advanced' in the settings, but it's not easy to use.

Following on from that, why does PES still not have a button to make a player come towards you? FIFA's had it for a few years now
Yes.
I know we can more or less set it with support range, but I always wondered why Pes, calling themselves football simulation (with many claiming that its much more sim than Fifa), has so many things automated?
Even shielding. Why the hell cant I shield when I want?
Same with first touch. This year they are bringing this "new", "amazing" feature that you can change the way you player will receive the ball, add direction to it, to save or create momentum. That should have been there years ago. I was using it in Fifa18 (and it was probably in earlier versions too, but I didnt play those)

How can we expect teams to feel well represented, the so called TeamID, when there's only so much that can be set up?

How can we expect teams to feel well represented, the so called TeamID, when there's only so much that can be set up?
I dont think we ever gonna get proper team ID at this stage. Not until playing against AI become popular. Maybe when there will be some big step in Artificial Intelligence, or something..

Till then, max we will get in this department will be some general tactics (long ball, short ball, counters, etc) and MAYBE decent player ID's, which will somewhat determine how the teams are playing and create some sort of team ID..

Even shielding. Why the hell cant I shield when I want?

This is a really interesting topic for me as it's something I find really important, and an underdeveloped aspect of football games.

The way FIFA does it; pressing a button to make your player shield the ball, definitely has its perks but has some major drawbacks too:

The main one is that, by design, it means that shielding can't be used when off the ball as the mechanic is tied directly to the ball itself. Because of this it makes players like a target man completely and utterly useless as they can't back into players while the ball is in the air, their physicality only comes into play once the ball has reached their feet. Even when your're playing Pro Clubs and you're only using a single player you simply can't use the shielding mechanic until you have the ball. I agree that PES' has it's own problems, but this area of it at least the physicality/shielding is MILES better in PES.

However! :D On the flip side to this; once you have the ball under control Fifa's works really well!! Because you have to hold a button to shield to ball you can actually keep your back to the defenders while edging them slowly towards their own goal. It's not just miles better than PES in this regard, in fact it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to do in PES.

Another thing with Fifa's is it can cause some crazy animations when you use it in situations it wasn't designed for, such as if you're running at full speed then try to stop suddenly and shield the ball. It doesn't look right at all.

Personally, I think a combination of the two should be used - hold the button while stood still, or moving at a very slow speed, while moving at a normal pace and high speed jostling should be entirely automated based on players stats to avoid any abuse or crazy looking animations.

Not sure when they stopped using them exactly, but it used to look like this

100622734.jpg

You could pick directions the players would move, both when attacking and defending, and it was incredibly effective.

It would be a nice addon, however I prefer asimetric advanced instructions: Be able to choose one side, or both.

For example:
Left sideback join to attack, right sideback remain backwards.
Right winger hug the touchline, left winger cut inside.

Imo It would multiply the tactic settings exponentially.

Not sure when they stopped using them exactly, but it used to look like this

100622734.jpg

You could pick directions the players would move, both when attacking and defending, and it was incredibly effective.
God, that takes me back.

Tactical battles, MLs with more options than we've got now, team and player individuality...

I always used to think I was just "past" gaming and that I was being too picky, that it'd never be for me again. Then I was introduced (on Evo-Web) to AO International Tennis, where every attribute makes a huge difference to how the AI plays and - even better - how you play, what you can and can't do.

That gave me a huge lift - it still happens, there are developers committed to capturing the essence of a sport's best players and making it feel as if you're having to outplay and/or out-strategise them (that's not a word, I know).

Fingers crossed we get all this back one day.

I've been defending PES a lot in this thread. I believe there are certain things which are judged to have regressed, but are judged on taste then unfairly stated as a matter of fact (dribbling being a prime example).

However, when it comes to the tactics... honestly, it is really, really difficult to find the same arguments to defend PES with.

Some of what you can do in the tactics today is flat out broken and doesn't work. I swear I could put a CM anywhere on the pitch, but so long as he's still set to a CM he'll act in exactly the same manner. In contrast, just the smallest adjustments to those players positions back in the day made a noticeable difference. I spent a long, long time tweaking my formations I used vs friends till it was perfect. Not tweaking it because it didn't do what I wanted it to, but tailoring the really fine details until it did EXACTLY what I wanted it to.

Happily correct me if I'm wrong, but I personally can't think of a single thing that I prefer about the tactics system now.

It would be a nice addon, however I prefer asimetric advanced instructions: Be able to choose one side, or both.

For example:
Left sideback join to attack, right sideback remain backwards.
Right winger hug the touchline, left winger cut inside.

Imo It would multiply the tactic settings exponentially.
You could do that before. Place one winger on the touchline, and have his arrow pointing off the pitch, and on the other side have it pointing inside towards the box. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom