eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any news about the demo (if there will be one) at E3?

I gotta say I'm a bit more positive after seeing some of these videos. I liked PES 2019 until I realized I had seen almost everything that could happen in a match and figured out the limitations in the gameplay. And PES 2019 was the first PES in a long time that I stopped playing around early may.

Being a Online Divisions- guy (manual passing) I'm looking for more error in PA1, a mix between PA0 and PA1 in PES 2019 I guess. Where stats and traits will matter more since neither manual or PA1 is perfect atm. These videos shows that there MIGHT be som more error in passing but it's really subtle. Still true to my word though, won't be a day 1 purchase.

Thanks for the post... looks very smooth at 60fps, first clip ive seen where its actually gameplay at 60fps.
On a big positive, im seeing big improvements in first touch animations, the variations, which not only make the game look more natural, but seems to slow things down a bit. Despite its flaws, i still think 19 was a good base, and if 20 builds on that (animations and ball physics have already shown a decent visual improvement) it should be good. Now i really hope the AI and player behavour makes similar improvments..

I have to say, im really excited about the news of this new camera angle actually being customisable... i know its been confirmed verbally, but i need to see it in action via a youtube clip, and the players actually tinkering it. The new angle, together with increased animations, does look amazing.
u can t say 19 is a good base when half the stuff in real football u can t do in that one, scoring from headers is a major one, scoring from a high pass from a free kick, i used to do all of these stuff in pes 2015 and pes 2016, i had so much joy when i was playing those games because of the variety of scoring on the semi assisted setting, so the only good thing about pes 2019 is the passing flow, the way players move on the pitch that s all

u can t say 19 is a good base when half the stuff in real football u can t do in that one, scoring from headers is a major one, scoring from a high pass from a free kick, i used to do all of these stuff in pes 2015 and pes 2016, i had so much joy when i was playing those games because of the variety of scoring on the semi assisted setting, so the only good thing about pes 2019 is the passing flow, the way players move on the pitch that s all

I think you might be doing something wrong then. I have scored plenty of headers (i tend to use Pavoletti or Sala in my myclub teams) and they finish off a lot of headers. Also with high pass free kicks, it's definitely possible to put the ball in the box and score or if it's further out, put it up high for a knock down, have done it plenty of times.

I think you might be doing something wrong then. I have scored plenty of headers (i tend to use Pavoletti or Sala in my myclub teams) and they finish off a lot of headers. Also with high pass free kicks, it's definitely possible to put the ball in the box and score or if it's further out, put it up high for a knock down, have done it plenty of times.
Headers are broken in manual shooting

Dribbling looked fine to me last year. Just need to rework collisions and improve defender AI. Shoulder drops don't even work.
uc

If GIF doesn't work use link
https://doc-0s-2c-docs.googleuserco...7160068&hash=co4vuqmfcvmlh49rfa8lo3tl0p8s2iid
Or this one

Was there any news about the demo (if there will be one) at E3?

I gotta say I'm a bit more positive after seeing some of these videos. I liked PES 2019 until I realized I had seen almost everything that could happen in a match and figured out the limitations in the gameplay. And PES 2019 was the first PES in a long time that I stopped playing around early may.

Being a Online Divisions- guy (manual passing) I'm looking for more error in PA1, a mix between PA0 and PA1 in PES 2019 I guess. Where stats and traits will matter more since neither manual or PA1 is perfect atm. These videos shows that there MIGHT be som more error in passing but it's really subtle. Still true to my word though, won't be a day 1 purchase.
during the PES League World Finals on June 28-29, they will announce the demo date!
https://www.gamesradar.com/efootball-pes-2020-hands-on-licensing-master-league-gameplay/

Dribbling looked fine to me last year. Just need to rework collisions and improve defender AI. Shoulder drops don't even work.
uc

If GIF doesn't work use link
https://doc-0s-2c-docs.googleuserco...7160068&hash=co4vuqmfcvmlh49rfa8lo3tl0p8s2iid
Or this one

Look at this video:

In Demo, Dribbling was focused on making ball touches in the last moment to evade the tackle, it feels natural.
In final relase, it is based on make huge turns and round the defender with the ball glued to your foot. It feels artificial.

You can dribble in both, but you haven't the same satisfaction feeling.

Demo dribbling mechanics are more natural and reliable.

I hope this year that Adam is being sincere and superstar players really stand out when controlled by the Ai. The generic play by the Ai in PES2019 absolutely ruined the experience for me and although some improvements where made in recent updates, it wasn't enough to save the game. PES 2020 demo at E3 showed some glimmer of hope in the form of the Ai using the finesse dribbling feature.

I hope this year that Adam is being sincere and superstar players really stand out when controlled by the Ai. The generic play by the Ai in PES2019 absolutely ruined the experience for me and although some improvements where made in recent updates, it wasn't enough to save the game. PES 2020 demo at E3 showed some glimmer of hope in the form of the Ai using the finesse dribbling feature.
I havent had time to watch all videos. Have you guys noticed the AI behaving accordingly?

i think the AI still have a response problem
you will see it closely in the gameplays videos
in this 4 month then need to work on that
we want normal AI to play with.....

Look at this video:

In Demo, Dribbling was focused on making ball touches in the last moment to evade the tackle, it feels natural.
In final relase, it is based on make huge turns and round the defender with the ball glued to your foot. It feels artificial.

Makes you wonder how they botched it so badly by release. It's almost like they don't know when to say enough is a enough, they get bored and keep tinkering with things until it becomes a broken mess. That's why what you see in this E3 build will likely be unrecognisable compared to whatever the end product is. There's literally nothing you can look at in these videos and be 100% confident it won't have been broken or neutered by the time of release.

Look at this video:

Thanks for sharing this, I've been looking for this for a while. It just makes me sad and it shows Konami know exactly what we're talking about when it comes to respecting foot planting and inertia although the latter isn't as pronounced here as it is in PES 2014, but it's still something.

They've clearly adjusted this on release and in patches to skip frames and disregard footplanting to give the player a coked up, arcade-ninja feel to the game.

This isn't some quack placebo conspiracy theory either. Video comparison from the same channel (Is this your channel?)

Thanks for sharing this, I've been looking for this for a while. It just makes me sad and it shows Konami know exactly what we're talking about when it comes to respecting foot planting and inertia although the latter isn't as pronounced here as it is in PES 2014, but it's still something.

They've clearly adjusted this on release and in patches to skip frames and disregard footplanting to give the player a coked up, arcade-ninja feel to the game.

This isn't some quack placebo conspiracy theory either. Video comparison from the same channel (Is this your channel?)

I think this vid was debunked earlier as good foot planting example were shown for the newest exe and bad footplanting for the demo too.

That moment in the stream also caught my attention. I just hope other superstar players standout on the pitch when controlled by the Ai.

That looks promising but its too less for my taste still. I hope its just the regular difficulty and on superstar Messi is more vicious and the ai is less about ping pong rather. In 2019 the higher the difficulty the most efficient /direct the ai which means ping pong pass and low cross.

What i didnt like in this built are the long shots, its so obvious that Batistuta and Suarez have long ranger trait applied. As soon as they got the ball they shoot, not taking into account other options. In 2019 thats why so easy to beat Man City as Aguero shoots as soon he gets the ball and unlikely to score.

If you compare with PES 2018, there almost perfect animation and transitions, PES 2019 will look more ridiculous.

hey @Matt10 ! i noticed one of your latest tweets today... and i liked it because its a thing!!

i found the following video and i see a nice walking animation by Messi. dont know if its just him (player ID)... but it looks so real. for that situation... messi looses the ball... then walks and looks around like in real life! spot on! love it!

so yes! we need some more subtle, finer detailed walking animations... this would also get us rid of the start-stop-animations we have the last couple of years! they are moving way to hectic, especially in the back rows (where CB's and such should be way more "cool" and "calm" when adjusting their positions (it least i know it like this from the pitch when i do play real football!!! :D ))!

edit:
btw: that last goal, when the AI chips it on Messis head (knowing he had space because all players where in motion)... that looked nice too, imo! and its by the AI! even the keeper was shortening the gap (so that little lob became a meaningfull option)!
so i have a little bit more hope the AI is a little more human/varied this year!
and i do hope its not only the likes of messi that gets the human AI treatment!!

edit2:
have a very close look at 0:13/0:14 sec in that video! is messi, in an last attempt, trying to get his left foot on the ball or the opponent player!? doesnt matter what he might catch... but is he really trying (or is it just a random animation looking like it)!? looks nice to me too! :)

Last edited:
imagine if all of india played MyClub.

pretty sure all the ice caps would melt before the first weekly agent was released.

on a serious note though - even if the proportions of rich to poor were as you say, 1. the population numbers are large (hence the numbers of wealthy is large) and 2. the rich tend to be mega-rich (and the poor are mega-poor)

I'm not sure how much konami make from the eastern countries but their direction to include leagues from that side of the world makes me think it could be heftier than we think. Hence, PES 2020's price tag.
Good afternoon to you and all the peeps, yeah God knows what their marketing strategy or calculation is but I will still say and be fixed to the point it's a 2019 repack may be with many bugs fixed and as well polishing it more with a new glittery pack. Ml should have been way long before developed. Raising the price for this is unfair to me and I fear how much fifa will cost after they see what konami has done. As we all know how they are.One thing they could have done releasing a separate game for subcontinent. Fingers crossed hope the game is good.
Another thing I don't know it's appropriate or not but I will urge to klashmann please if you can raise this topic to konami, if possible.

I think this vid was debunked earlier as good foot planting example were shown for the newest exe and bad footplanting for the demo too.
Yeah, there're footplanting issues in Demo too, and after 1.6 update, Konami brought back the weight sense a little bit(still far from Demo). But I'm sure if I do a frame by frame comparison between Demo and 1.6 there willl be less frames in turns and any other move that involve weight shift animations.

The demo has an input feeling that makes you economize player movement, controling every step.
Final relase, 1.6 too, players motion feels cheaper, like you don't have to worry about turn 1 or 5 times, or how many degrees are you changing your direction.

uc
When people (@Chuny) say the dribbling doesn't look natural, I think this is what they're referring to (correct me if I'm wrong @Chuny).

How many times do you see a player in real-life chop so violently, 90 degrees each time, when on the dribble? But the absolute killer for me, how many times do you see a player turn away from the goal and run full-pelt towards his own goal when dribbling?

You might hold it up, yes, but to turn around and run away...

The fact that the GIF is sped up exacerbates it even more. It's just not what dribbling is.

NOTE: I'm only using this to demonstrate what @Chuny means - I'm not saying the best dribbling looks like this in PES 2019 or 2020, I've seen some really impressive-looking examples and @OBH's clips make me realise it is possible to beat a man by dribbling.

But there are (at the very least) elements of this "jank" in a lot of dribbling clips, and this is not a graphics snobbery thing, it's the fact that being locked onto those rails when you need to burst away is what makes it too easy for defenders to just lock on and win possession.

I feel like dribbling, in PES, has to be done "in advance". I can't react in real-time to a defender's movements because my input will be far too delayed to be useful. So I'm essentially just hoping that if I ask the player to throw his weight left, in a second's time, the defender won't happen to be moving left...

That's not how it works in reality, you read and react in less than a second. But this stuff is because the engine isn't yet true-360, and it isn't going away until the switch to Unreal.

Last edited:
I feel like dribbling, in PES, has to be done "in advance". I can't react in real-time to a defender's movements because my input will be far too delayed to be useful. So I'm essentially just hoping that if I ask the player to throw his weight left, in a second's time, the defender won't happen to be moving left... That's not how it works in reality, you read and react instantly.

I agree about the "advance" feeling but I would argue a bit in the opposite direction: among humans there is always a delay between registering and reacting because the information literally needs to travel up and down our neural pathways (i.e. eye to brain to fingers to stick). The AI on the other hand does not have these biological constraints. My feeling is that they are programmed to react to stick input rather than to start of the animation cycle, which makes their reaction often feel like clair-voyance. I think the right way would be to ever so slightly increase the delay of AI players. Only a theory, of course.

Yeah, so realistic! It's like you looking real live Messi vs Roma or Liverpool or some Word Cup or Copa America final.

For that he would also have to look down when his team loses and choke (and not inspire his teammates) in big matches.

Yeah, so realistic! It's like you looking real live Messi vs Roma or Liverpool or some Word Cup or Copa America final.
;)

just an example: https://www.soccer-training-info.com/messi_walking.asp

maybe you do trust Pep: https://www.givemesport.com/889462-pep-guardiola-explains-why-lionel-messi-walks-around-a-pitch

maybe i just got your answer all wrong! if so, never mind! :BYE:

lets get back to topic! i like that slowly walking animation and to me, it fitted the scene perfectly. just my view! :)

edit: got it! all good! :D

When people (@Chuny) say the dribbling doesn't look natural, I think this is what they're referring to (correct me if I'm wrong @Chuny).

How many times do you see a player chop so violently, 90 degrees each time, when on the dribble? But the absolute killer for me, how many times do you see a player turn away from the goal and run full-pelt when dribbling?

You might hold it up, yes, but to turn around and run away...

The fact that the GIF is sped up exacerbates it even more. It's just not what dribbling is.

NOTE: I'm only using this to demonstrate what @Chuny means - I'm not saying the best dribbling looks like this in PES 2019 or 2020, I've seen some really impressive-looking examples and @OBH's clips make me realise it is possible to beat a man by dribbling.

But there are (at the very least) elements of this "jank" in a lot of dribbling clips, and this is not a graphics snobbery thing, it's the fact that being locked onto those rails when you need to burst away is what makes it too easy for defenders to just lock on and win possession.

I feel like dribbling, in PES, has to be done "in advance". I can't react in real-time to a defender's movements because my input will be far too delayed to be useful. So I'm essentially just hoping that if I ask the player to throw his weight left, in a second's time, the defender won't happen to be moving left... That's not how it works in reality, you read and react in less than a second.
Funnily enough, the gif shown is actually the kind of dribbling I don't think looks genuine in the slightest. It's simply abusing the attackers high speed to keep yourself a long way away from the defender, and waiting for them to make a mistake and leave a gap. The only time he actually 'beats' a defender (as in, they attempt to make a tackle) is when he does the dummy.

I should make it clear that I'm not having a go at the player for dribbling in this manner one bit :)) On both PES and Fifa, this is by far the most effective way to do it. What I'm trying to say is - when I posted my gif of me controlling Sterling, I purposely included one of him doing a near identical move in real life to prove that PES has elements of it's dribbling which look, and act, incredibly authentic. By contrast I 100% guarantee you that won't find any clips, not just of Neymar, but no clips of any player, anywhere in the world, who moves up half the pitch like that. You'd pass out exhausted from simply attempting that just for starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom