eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this is really true I hope everybody will be happy until 2021⚽️
I hope it's true too but we hear the exact same thing every year at E3, "slower pace" "more error"
PES Universe will be saying what they're experiencing - the problem is that when the game gets closer to a final build, animations will be tweaked, things will be changed, and it won't be the same. (I mean, this is happened literally every year I can think of - remember "free as a bird"?)

That is true, but you have to look at the context of the game.

It was MASSIVELY important, it was on the 3rd January, City's 9th or 10th game in less than a month, they'd recently lost to both Leicester and Crystal Palace so nerves were bound to be up. Your point is perfectly valid, but you can't take the human element out of it, as that's the important part that a video game could never, ever capture.

I could just as easily go grab the highlight of City vs Spurs in the CL and you'll see 4 goals in 9 minutes, including 2 horrible deflections which if it happens on PES people shout 'scripting'.

I respect your views but the last part I have something to say. You are providing an example of city and spurs it's one of a game
Now please tell me how many games like that occur in a daily life. For say in a day all over 60 games are played all over the world and in how many games such scenario happens like as you mentioned. Still let's take 40 games are like that ok then 20 games are opposite right. Now in pes ml when I play each game I see something happening awkward, always the ball is bouncing back to the opponent player, I press pass but it didn't pass, defenses running away from the ball ( taking back step ) etc. See what people say scripting i take it as a competitive a.i. or hurdle and I take it sportingly but sorry to say it's not balanced and I don't need the games help what arsenals I have been provided by the game I try to defeat that competitiveness but can't because the games arsenal itself fails me sometimes. It should be there but has to be balanced.But I will keep trying

PES Universe will be saying what they're experiencing - the problem is that when the game gets closer to a final build, animations will be tweaked, things will be changed, and it won't be the same. (I mean, this is happened literally every year I can think of - remember "free as a bird"?)
Yeah exactly & I totally agree. I don't doubt what they're experiencing, I take it all with a pinch of salt now. We all know that as the game is tightened up & tweaked in the coming months it'll have an impact on speed & error, usually resulting in faster gameplay and more accurate passing.
What I'd really like is for Konami to at the very least revert back to the passing model of PES 2015 on 1 bar, that would be a start.
We haven't had a legitimate semi assisted option since that game and have to choose between full manual or almost completely assisted. I've never been able to fathom why they changed it.

I respect your views but the last part I have something to say. You are providing an example of city and spurs it's one of a game
Now please tell me how many games like that occur in a daily life. For say in a day all over 60 games are played all over the world and in how many games such scenario happens like as you mentioned.

Still let's take 40 games are like that ok then 20 games are opposite right. Now in pes ml when I play each game I see something happening awkward, always the ball is bouncing back to the opponent player
You're right, it was a one-off game, but you're saying that 90% completion in the final third is wrong. It can be, of course it can be. If a team is parking the bus it's incredibly difficult, but it's only difficult in the final third if the other team makes it difficult in that area of the pitch. Plenty of times it's not passing in the final third that's the problem, it's the fact that they can't get it there because their midfield isn't good enough, or the passing in their own third is the problem because the other team is pressing so high that the defenders keep losing the ball. The idea that the final pass is always the hardest is a myth.

Even the second point, the amount of times that a game in real life has 4/5 defenders in and around the 6-yard box but somehow the ball falls to the one striker happens far more than it's given credit for. I go watch Spurs and I swear it happens constantly.

I do understand wanting to lower the chances of unlikely stuff happening. Was in PES 2015 where every game was 6 or so goals? It was ridiculous, but equally so not every game is 2 defensively minded teams playing out a cagey 1-0 win.

Last edited:
One thing I really want to clarify the game price is huge in India i don't know why it is as per fifa. On steam it is rs.3902 standard edition. If you people leave the financial monetary difference country wise and assume rupee 1 = 1 dollar or 1 pound or euro now guess. Last year rs.3400, 2018 was rs.1999 ( it was correct price) this year whooping to the mentioned. For what reason I don't know but it's a same game with tweaks and a new cover.

You're right, it was a one-off game, but you're saying that 90% completion in the final third is wrong. It can be, of course it can be. If a team is parking the bus it's incredibly difficult, but it's only difficult in the final third if the other team makes it difficult in that area of the pitch. Plenty of times it's not passing in the final third that's the problem, it's the fact that they can't get it there because their midfield isn't good enough, or the passing in their own third is the problem because the other team is pressing so high that the defenders keep losing the ball. The idea that the final pass is always the hardest is a myth.

Even the second point, the amount of times that a game in real life has 4/5 defenders in and around the 6-yard box but somehow the ball falls to the one striker happens far more than it's given credit for. I go watch Spurs and I swear it happens constantly.

I do understand wanting to lower the chances of unlikely stuff happening. Was in PES 2015 where every wame was 6 or so goals? It was ridiculous, but equally so not every game is 2 defensively minded teams playing out a cagey 1-0 win.
I understand what you want to say but I don't park the bus I mainly use the balanced option when needed sometime I use defense and attack as per the situation but truly to say never I mean never a ball bounced and came to my player it was always the same on both the end. In some matches I pass around to find gap but in some I play long ball too so not all the time short passes. I really fiddle with the tactics because football is a tactical game but I still believe konami should have done more with the tactics as they are the boss in this area. Final third don't mention man it's like brownian movement from the a.i. what calculaction of algorithm they had input God knows,I think there is some hidden energy boost drink out there which the a.i. consumes mainly from the fringes. But let's the debate carry on its good, u and Chris are really going at each other in a healthy way. Keep them coming I like it.

Isn't it somewhat funny that they are talking about a brand new, super-modern menu, when all they've done is basically change the background, remove the border from each text-box? Most (not all of it, but I'd say 70% of it) of the UI content is exactly in the same position, in the same format as it has been forever. Literally.

The main menu is the only one I've seen that you could actually think "hey! they really changed it!", but as for the rest of it, it's just a different background.

And it's really not that big of a deal for me, I just don't like it when they announce or talk about something over and over when it's not even true because that's exactly what they've been doing for the past 6 years with every other feature.

Manchester and Juventus kits on France formation, now I understand why Konami don't show France during the live
D8--51sVUAAdGbN.jpg

Mbappé has a gray jersey but Adam confirm Ligue 1 are fully licenced in PES 2020 and for the future.

Yep, ManU and Juventus are pretty much confirmed. That's a good thing.
I guess Valencia will also be licensed, because PES/Konami twitter account started to follow ManU, Juventus and Valencia (again). And the first two are quite confirmed now. ;)

Legendary Copa America is starting where world renowned players and one of your cover star will be there konami.I don't understand why all the enthusiasm is only for Europe both fifa and pes following the same path, complementing each other.
Pes you have AFC champions league now go for AFC cup. Copa America, libratedores, Suda Americana, recopa sudaamericana, African champions league so many potentials are there but we are getting none. Shame! This 2 companies should know football is world with many diversities, are they acting upon it. Till now no but they should.

Legendary Copa America is starting where world renowned players and one of your cover star will be there konami.I don't understand why all the enthusiasm is only for Europe both fifa and pes following the same path, complementing each other.
Pes you have AFC champions league now go for AFC cup. Copa America, libratedores, Suda Americana, recopa sudaamericana, African champions league so many potentials are there but we are getting none. Shame! This 2 companies should know football is world with many diversities, are they acting upon it. Till now no but they should.
Yeah but that won't get you half the sales a half assed effort in Europe will.

Yeah but that won't get you half the sales a half assed effort in Europe will.

They are really missing the point all these countries and continents are crazy about football. Africa, south America, Asia all over football. If the games were released country wise keeping in mind the price as per there average living standards. I think maximum will enjoy it. Legend says God created this beautiful game and commanded the English to spread it among the world. So everybody can enjoy this creation.

They are really missing the point all these countries and continents are crazy about football. Africa, south America, Asia all over football. If the games were released country wise keeping in mind the price as per there average living standards. I think maximum will enjoy it. Legend says God created this beautiful game and commanded the English to spread it among the world. So everybody can enjoy this creation.
We all know Konami sucks at math. The game costs like 100 bucks in on of the Latin American countries.

One thing I really want to clarify the game price is huge in India i don't know why it is as per fifa. On steam it is rs.3902 standard edition. If you people leave the financial monetary difference country wise and assume rupee 1 = 1 dollar or 1 pound or euro now guess. Last year rs.3400, 2018 was rs.1999 ( it was correct price) this year whooping to the mentioned. For what reason I don't know but it's a same game with tweaks and a new cover.

Pre-order bonus.

Yeah. Chances are that if your complaint/concern isn't FUT related it doesn't even get looked into.

I mean, I opened a complaint during the FIFA 16 days because a strange thing would happen while playing against the AI in Career Mode and in friendly: if an AI-controlled player crossed, a defender of yours deflected it with his foot and your keeper tipped it over the bar there wouldn't be a corner but a PENALTY.
The deflection would count as a backpass and the keeper tipping it over the bar would then count as a handball.

It went unfixed for all the bloody lifecycle of FIFA 16, you know why? Because in FUT handballs weren't active if I recall correctly so FUT wasn't hit by that immersion-breaking bug.

I resorted to turning handballs off in the box, but I really feel I shouldn't have had to.
Sorry for OT... the reason for the bug was not a back pass but a GK hand outside of the box even if the hand was actually outside of the pitch. (See the fifa16 thread for discussion about it). A IF was probably lacking in the code.

Back on topic, I am personally really not impressed about what I am seeing on the videos. It really looks very similar to 19 to me. I hate seeing those team cut in two, with the attackers not joining the defense and stopping at an imaginary hard line few yards inside their team half, but also the CB not able to cross the midfield line when their team is attacking. I think this only contributes tremendously to the absence of midfield play we are seeing. If your 3 attackers are waiting by the midfield line that their partner are getting the ball back they are already ready for the counterattack, there is no need for transition play. But transition play is one of the most important and delicate/difficult aspect of football.

Last edited:
This is why I was so sad to see:

Because at the moment, there is no line, because there is no individuality whatsoever (other than through "player instructions" or whatever they're called).

In the PES 2018 video review I did, I edited Man City to have all 40 attributes and it made literally no difference - the game flowed in the same manner, the same tactics had the same success, the pass accuracy was still ~90% and the end-of-game stats were the same.

So implement a line, sure - even reduce down the attribute numbers, instead of 40-99 I wouldn't care if it was 1-20 - if it means they actually mean something.
As it was said before the game is catered for the casual gamer to know how to play it as soon as he gets hang of the super assisted passing

Sorry for OT... the reason for the bug was not a back pass but a GK hand outside of the box even if the hand was actually outside of the pitch. (See the fifa16 thread for discussion abou it). A IF was probably lacking in the code.

Back on topic, I am personally really not impressed about what I am seeing on the videos. It really looks very similar to 19 to me. I hate seeing those team cut in two, with the attackers not joining the defense and stopping at an imaginary hard line few years inside their team half, but also the CB not able to cross the midfield line when their team is attacking. I think this only contributes tremendously to the absence of midfield play we are seeing. If your 3 attackers are waiting by the midfield line that their partner are getting the ball back they are already ready for the counterattack, there is no need for transition play. But transition play is one of the most important and delicate/difficult aspect of football.

Well, I didnt say nothing because some fellas was saying that we are haters and trolls and stuff but, I dont like what I saw as well.

Goalkeeper diving beyond the goal post was a bucket of cold water on my head.

They really dont understand how a goakeeper can guard a goal that size. They dont understand why a pro football player miss the target many times. They cant figure why football matches dont end with large score lines all the time. Thats why they made goakeepers diving like this and shots tragetories so limited .

They dont know the sport basics.

Well, I didnt say nothing because some fellas was saying that we are haters and trolls and stuff but, I dont like what I saw as well.

Goalkeeper diving beyond the goal post was a bucket of cold water on my head.

They really dont understand how a goakeeper can guard a goal that size. They dont understand why a pro football player miss the target many times. They cant figure why football matches dont end with large score lines all the time. Thats why they made goakeepers diving like this and shots tragetories so limited .

They dont know the sport basics.
Im glad you understand what the fundamentals here should have been, i ve been saying the exact same thing since pes 2016, we need the semi assisted implementation of at least pes 2015, just give this option to us, this game needs to stop being catered to small kids who know how to play the other game

Sorry for OT... the reason for the bug was not a back pass but a GK hand outside of the box even if the hand was actually outside of the pitch. (See the fifa16 thread for discussion abou it). A IF was probably lacking in the code.
*OT*
This is even worse, if you ask me.
First thing that comes to mind: why would it only happen if a defender had deflected the ball then?
And even more important, why on Earth would the ref blow a penalty if the handball (according to the game) happened out of the box?
Mysterious EA logic I suppose. But again, it's not about FUT so who cares if it doesn't get addressed.
*/OT*
Sorry for the OT, I'll go checking in the other thread.

Back on topic, I am personally really not impressed about what I am seeing on the videos. It really looks very similar to 19 to me. I hate seeing those team cut in two, with the attackers not joining the defense and stopping at an imaginary hard line few years inside their team half, but also the CB not able to cross the midfield line when their team is attacking. I think this only contributes tremendously to the absence of midfield play we are seeing. If your 3 attackers are waiting by the midfield line that their partner are getting the ball back they are already ready for the counterattack, there is no need for transition play. But transition play is one of the most important and delicate/difficult aspect of football.

Exactly.
Even though they've clearly improved the gap between defenders and attackers from PES 2018 (in which it was a blatant issue) to 2019, and by the looks of it, it has been improved even more from 2019 to 2020 (the new physical battles do help in this regard), it's still looks off. The way the players position themselves on the pitch when they are attacking or when the team gets dispossessed and they have to come back and help. So it must be a design choice to make the game flow. I don't know how else to look at it to be honest.

I must say, that i personally don't believe anything of what Pesuniverse says. It's so obvious that they work together with Konami. They always think that the game is fantastic.

Really strange as they are making option files and getting paid to do it........
Shoot me now. How many times are we gonna get this drivel?

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy. They don't have to be shills. They just have to enjoy the game in different ways to the way you do to enjoy the builds they play.

Moreover, several of the team are always pointing out things they don't like - lack of depth, poor AI, scripting. Just because one representative gives it the general thumbs up, doesn't mean he or the rest of them is paid off.

Likewise with this loose and quick association with the idea they're "paid" to create option files. Misrepresenting what it is they do, and vaguely pointing to a link between their editing work and their playtesting at events. You couldn't substantiate that link if you tried – it's just easier to be vague and let others with suspicious minds nod vigorously in agreement.

Exactly.
Even though they've clearly improved the gap between defenders and attackers from PES 2018 (in which it was a blatant issue) to 2019, and by the looks of it, it has been improved even more from 2019 to 2020 (the new physical battles do help in this regard), it's still looks off. The way the players position themselves on the pitch when they are attacking or when the team gets dispossessed and they have to come back and help. So it must be a design choice to make the game flow. I don't know how else to look at it to be honest.

Sincerilly I like it. Make instant high speed transitions is not realistic. Look at any football highlights video.

If you have high speed transitions, with defenders recovering his position instantly, like it is in PES 2019,
it makes you have to play as fast as possible, because you loose your dribbling/pass advantge in 1 or 2 seconds.

Low speed transitions, in addition to pass error and sense of weight, makes the PES 2020 feel realistic.
No more cheaper counters, no more pinball, no more overpowered high pressure.

Look at the 9:20 in this video:
How Dinho can take advantage to do a 1on1 before the defensive transition is done. It's stunnishing realistic in terms of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom