eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best we can hope for in regards to the ''smaller'' leagues like the RPL and Turkish Süperlig is what they've given us for Celtic and Rangers or perhaps a bit more expansive like the Brasileirao with several stadiums. Two or three stadiums and face scans for the most popular clubs is what I'm expecting for RPL this year, probably added after release.

I think the best we can hope for in regards to the ''smaller'' leagues like the RPL and Turkish Süperlig is what they've given us for Celtic and Rangers or perhaps a bit more expansive like the Brasileirao with several stadiums. Two or three stadiums and face scans for the most popular clubs is what I'm expecting for RPL this year, probably added after release.
I would expect Zenit stadium to be in the game

It’s all moot anyway. Unless they remove team spirit, any higher difficulty will be super scripted as it always is.

TS needs to be removed, it’s a load of sh*t.

Principally, I think it is a good idea. There are unmeasurables in football that you cannot put down to hard facts or cold stats. There is something like team chemistry and the sum being greater than its parts. Just look at how Ajax played last season, or Bayern for that matter, the former an example of good TS, the latter one for bad.

Like many other things, however, the way it is implemented in PES is totally intransparent. Its effect is not explained and to make things worse, it can be overwritten any time. It's not chemistry but alchemy. But I am happy they still try such things. They are still trying to push the game, even if a lot of their ideas fall flat.

Since they've dropped the charges for CR7,my money is on him and/or Juventus for the cover.
What's your prediction?

Well, they got Messi as ambassador (or some other word they used), and they also show huge pride in their exclusive relationship with Barcelona so that'd be like spitting on your own face.

I think they'll probably release two covers. One with Messi, one with CR7.

Speaking about building bridges...

Since they've dropped the charges for CR7,my money is on him and/or Juventus for the cover.
What's your prediction?
I don't think they'd want to ''upset'' Messi/Barca by putting CR7/Juve alone on the cover,since Barca is their main big partner for the last 2-3 years.
Maybe they'll put some of the Ambassadors.
A good management move would be to put both CR7 and Messi on the cover.I've seen many people asking for it and it would probably boost up the sales and give it a very professional and world class look since they're the 2 best players for more than 10 years now.And they could also brag about how it's the only game where you can enjoy them in their real stadiums.
Also i guess they could release some special team partner covers like they did with Celtic,Rangers and Inter for 19.

I play 2019 on regular & professional difficulty but on full manual and i still get my arse kicked by the CPU, but i find those difficulties the most balanced, for anyway.

I play on manual because it makes me consider every decision i do rather than just passively ping ponging the ball around, I find the ball physics to be more pronounced on manual and you have to gentler with filling up the power bar as you can't pass with the same amount of power as you can on any of the PA's as it'll just spray outta play, which i kinda like on manual. The AI is less hyper aggressive in terms of pressing and laser guided tiki-taka and their lack of ruthlessness is balanced with my higher passing/shooting error.

I'd like to play the AI on higher difficulty but it only ramps their perfection up really ans as the AI doesn't "play on manual" settings either, It never truly feels fair. Kudo's do all those who do play on SS on FUMA.

I'm hoping we get 10 minutes in the demo, I'm looking forward to seeing how the manual settings affect ball physics and if the contextual body positioning is further pronounced on manual.

I've been playing PES 2019 on full manual for the past few weeks on professional difficulty and I've been having a fantastic experience with the game. Never played on manual before (always PA1) and I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally give it a go. It's like playing a totally different game. Just been playing exhibition matches to kill some time before bed and get my footy fix before the new game comes out.

One thing I've found playing full manual is that there is a significant amount of fouls made by the AI. I think this comes down to not being able to ping the ball around the pitch using first time passes. When you play like that the AI defence rarely even gets close to you. But on manual, you really have to stop and think about your next pass and you're spending a lot more time on the ball. Getting hit with a lot of late challenges and little kicks from the AI.

Also, bit off topic but watched your whole PES 5 CL series on YouTube last night. Bloody fantastic stuff mate!

One thing i always wanted to ask regarding Motion Capture

I know that 2K Sports brings in College Athlethes to recreate Signature Jump Shots and Dunks etc... from NBA players, guess Konami does the same

Is there no way to MoCap from a real life Video, like Signature Free Kicks or GK dives?

I love some of PES animations, but things like the penalty run up just look completely off

sorry for OT

Euro 2020 DLC a big possibility?

As we all know, Konami said there will come a big UEFA announcement. Konami ofcourse worked with UEFA for the CL/EL license (and the 2016 Euro license) and also had another deal to advertise in the European Qualifiers games for the 2018 World Cup.

Euro 2020 will be held in multiple countries/cities to celebrate the 60th anniversary and PES already includes 3 of the 12 host stadiums (Allianz Arena, Johan Cruyff Arena and Stadio Olimpico). 1 other stadium has also appeared in PES before (Wembley, last time in PES 2014). All the other stadiums have not been in PES, but they also are not in FIFA except for the (new) San Mames stadium from Athletic Bilbao, thanks to the La Liga license and of course Wembley, which is licensed through the FA (England is also licensed in PES). One of those host stadiums is Zenit's stadium and since PES has exclusive RPL license, I don't think FIFA will have that stadium either (they had it for the World Cup 2018 DLC).

So there is a (big) chance, that PES can license all the stadiums. San Mames is licensed through the La Liga deal, but as we can see that Camp Nou is not in FIFA it means that the club licenses take priority over the league license. So if PES can make a deal with Athletic Bilbao to be in PES (or simply make a deal to use their stadium in PES), PES could have that stadium as it's not an "exclusive" license. Same goes for Wembley, as it's owned by the FA and the FA (England) is licensed in PES. So I don't think Wembley is exclusively licensed in FIFA as well, PES simply have to ask/pay for the use to the FA (in PES 2014 and earlier games the stadium was in both games as well).

And even if PES can't make a deal for (all) stadiums, at least we have a few real ones, unlike the Euro 16 DLC where only 1 stadium was in the game.

Now one might ask: "But doesn't FIFA have the UEFA license?"

As far as I am aware, the CL/EL license does not include the Euros, as Konami had to license the Euros seperately after PES 16 was released and if anyone of you guys remember, back when PES had the CL/EL license in 2012, FIFA 12 had the Euro 2012 DLC.

So, due to the UEFA announcement that is scheduled at Gamescom, combined with some stadiums in the game + some other licenses, the fact that FIFA does not have the (exclusive) rights to the Euro 2020 stadiums and the history of the Euro licenses not being tied with the CL/EL license, the chance is very big that PES 2020 will have an Euro DLC that no matter what will be better licensed than the 2016 one.

However, knowing PES they could easily release the DLC again without any sorts of "extra's". As we can see here they do a good job for some teams and include their stadium, but we have also seen them at times add teams without any "extra's" (remember PES 2018 where they had Atleti + Wanda, but also had Fulham and Valencia without their stadium and without their proper kit fonts?) and as we saw in the Euro 2016 DLC, they didn't even bother adding more venues except for the Stade de France and in the PES 2017 and 18 CL/EL, they didn't even add any venue for the final for at least 1 competition.

But since Adam Bhatti said that they saved a lot of money by losing the UEFA license, they might still have something left to add, although if we are fair they have added a ton in PES 2019 (leagues and even some stadiums).

One might hope.

Last edited:
Euro 2020 DLC a big possibility?

As we all know, Konami said there will come a big UEFA announcement. Konami ofcourse worked with UEFA for the CL/EL license (and the 2016 Euro license) and also had another deal to advertise in the European Qualifiers games for the 2018 World Cup.

Euro 2020 will be held in multiple countries/cities to celebrate the 60th anniversary and PES already includes 3 of the 12 host stadiums (Allianz Arena, Johan Cruyff Arena and Stadio Olimpico). 1 other stadium has also appeared in PES before (Wembley, last time in PES 2014). All the other stadiums have not been in PES, but they also are not in FIFA except for the (new) San Mames stadium from Athletic Bilbao, thanks to the La Liga license and of course Wembley, which is licensed through the FA (England is also licensed in PES). One of those host stadiums is Zenit's stadium and since PES has exclusive RPL license, I don't think FIFA will have that stadium either (they had it for the World Cup 2018 DLC).

So there is a (big) chance, that PES can license all the stadiums. San Mames is licensed through the La Liga deal, but as we can see that Camp Nou is not in FIFA it means that the club licenses take priority over the league license. So if PES can make a deal with Athletic Bilbao to be in PES (or simply make a deal to use their stadium in PES), PES could have that stadium as it's not an "exclusive" license. Same goes for Wembley, as it's owned by the FA and the FA (England) is licensed in PES. So I don't think Wembley is exclusively licensed in FIFA as well, PES simply have to ask/pay for the use to the FA (in PES 2014 and earlier games the stadium was in both games as well).

And even if PES can't make a deal for (all) stadiums, at least we have a few real ones, unlike the Euro 16 DLC where only 1 stadium was in the game.

Now one might ask: "But doesn't FIFA have the UEFA license?"

As far as I am aware, the CL/EL license does not include the Euros, as Konami had to license the Euros seperately after PES 16 was released and if anyone of you guys remember, back when PES had the CL/EL license in 2012, FIFA 12 had the Euro 2012 DLC.

So, due to the UEFA announcement that is scheduled at Gamescom, combined with some stadiums in the game + some other licenses, the fact that FIFA does not have the (exclusive) rights to the Euro 2020 stadiums and the history of the Euro licenses not being tied with the CL/EL license, the chance is very big that PES 2020 will have an Euro DLC that no matter what will be better licensed than the 2016 one.

However, knowing PES they could easily release the DLC again without any sorts of "extra's". As we can see here they do a good job for some teams and include their stadium, but we have also seen them at times add teams without any "extra's" (remember PES 2018 where they had Atleti + Wanda, but also had Fulham and Valencia without their stadium and without their proper kit fonts?) and as we saw in the Euro 2016 DLC, they didn't even bother adding more venues except for the Stade de France and in the PES 2017 and 18 CL/EL, they didn't even add any venue for the final for at least 1 competition.

But since Adam Bhatti said that they saved a lot of money by losing the UEFA license, they might still have something left to add, although if we are fair they have added a ton in PES 2019 (leagues and even some stadiums).

One might hope.
Based on my understanding, Konami have already accquired the license of UEFA national team competition. (And it is already implemented on onf the football card collection game.)

And yes, the licensing of CL/EL is different from the UEFA Euro, according to the public information from last year. [http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/uefa-euro-2020-esports-tournament]

Instead of a DLC, I think this time the UEFA Nations League/UEFA Euro 2020 license will be implemented on day one for PES 2020.

I'd like to play the AI on higher difficulty but it only ramps their perfection up really ans as the AI doesn't "play on manual" settings either, It never truly feels fair
Most problem AI is scripts in ML
AI in the demo/friendly may be perfect (the reason I bought PES 19) , but when you switch ML, it's another AI, like a God mode.

This year I'm not buying it

Well, they got Messi as ambassador (or some other word they used), and they also show huge pride in their exclusive relationship with Barcelona so that'd be like spitting on your own face.

How about the two of them on the cover, facing each other. Didn't John Terry and Thierry Henry had a cover like that. That would be awesome. Two of the best players on the planet on one cover.

Last edited:
ooh nearly the best time of pes year, 2 week window where demo is released and script free and i smash everyone online before official release and last min goals every game

Question to all of you:

In PES 2019 I see it very often, like in every 2nd or 3rd game, that my players stumble over each other.
Like...I control my player with the ball around the box trying to dribble into a gap, but one of my own players keeps running in front of me covering the space I wanna get into and literally stands in my way.

I don´t remember having that in PES 2018 or 2017, but I have that very often in 2019 and sometimes it drives me nuts.

Just wanna know whether it´s just me or you have the same experience.
If this is the game, I hope that gets sorted out in PES 2020.

It can´t be one of those gameplay mods (dt18 files), because I had that in the vanilla version either.

He's a Russian legend, to be fair.
oh ok. Has he really had such a big impact on Russian football? what significant prize did he help them win that they didn't already have?
maybe I just nag but I have another idea of who and what a legend is supposed to be.

oh ok. Has he really had such a big impact on Russian football? what significant prize did he help them win that they didn't already have?
maybe I just nag but I have another idea of who and what a legend is supposed to be.
He won an UEFA Cup with Zenit (2006), and the subsequent UEFA Super Cup. He was also named as Russia's greatest footballer for 2006. Then, he played for Arsenal (their most expensive transfer until then). Finally, played for 10+ years in the national team, reaching the Euro 2008 semi-final, when Russia was voted as the best team of the tournament.

Not much, but he is a very important personality for Russian football.

In PES 2019 I see it very often, like in every 2nd or 3rd game, that my players stumble over each other. Like...I control my player with the ball around the box trying to dribble into a gap, but one of my own players keeps running in front of me covering the space I wanna get into and literally stands in my way. [...] Just wanna know whether it´s just me or you have the same experience.
Not just you, and others have described the same thing.
(@janguv, I think we discussed this, right? Apologies for tagging you if not!)

I play on PS4 and the intelligence of my team mates is almost suspiciously poor. I've had a teammate knock the ball off me as he's been running past more than once.

I think it stems from the tactical system where a certain condition is reached (e.g. "ball carried into final third") and then players are given pixel-specific spots where they need to go and stand (either through the formation positioning or an "advanced instruction"), no matter what happens on their journey between point A and point B. Including you standing in their way.

It's the same way that your defenders will run past opponents who are clearly in a position to receive a dangerous pass. If the opponent isn't in their very precise "circle of engagement" (which may be in-front of the goalkeeper, given how far back defensive lines retreat), the AI doesn't even know they exist, and they're 100% focused on running back to reach their pixel-specific "defensive mode" position.

In the past I think the AI was more adaptable in terms of its thinking. Now it's much more aggressively structured for the purposes of increasing difficulty (which leaks into your teammates' behaviour), and I see that in the way that teams like Fulham will regularly string perfect first-time passes together while you stand there watching.

I think they'll probably release two covers. One with Messi, one with CR7.

Speaking about building bridges...
You're probably right on the barca thing,Pes 17-18-19 has them on the cover,and losing them to EA would probably be a disaster.

Question to all of you:

In PES 2019 I see it very often, like in every 2nd or 3rd game, that my players stumble over each other.
Like...I control my player with the ball around the box trying to dribble into a gap, but one of my own players keeps running in front of me covering the space I wanna get into and literally stands in my way.

I don´t remember having that in PES 2018 or 2017, but I have that very often in 2019 and sometimes it drives me nuts.

Just wanna know whether it´s just me or you have the same experience.
If this is the game, I hope that gets sorted out in PES 2020.

It can´t be one of those gameplay mods (dt18 files), because I had that in the vanilla version either.
Happens all the time.
Players running in front of you,knocking the ball over the touchline

I don't think they'd want to ''upset'' Messi/Barca by putting CR7/Juve alone on the cover,since Barca is their main big partner for the last 2-3 years.
Maybe they'll put some of the Ambassadors.
A good management move would be to put both CR7 and Messi on the cover.I've seen many people asking for it and it would probably boost up the sales and give it a very professional and world class look since they're the 2 best players for more than 10 years now.And they could also brag about how it's the only game where you can enjoy them in their real stadiums.
Also i guess they could release some special team partner covers like they did with Celtic,Rangers and Inter for 19.
Just realised that Barca is the nr 1 partner (in popularity) for Konami ,and the only remaining Spanish team ?
I think you're right,most def Barca this year again if not a CR7 and Messi

i have decided even if the Demo turns out to be great, I won't be pre-ordering the full game and I will wait until the game is discounted before I decide if it's worth purchasing. Companies like Konami and EA have been instrumental in my decision to no longer Pre-order any game. Demo's are no longer trusted as a good representation of the final game.

Just wished that the demo could be more of a pointer tw the full game.
Any game (FIFA/PES) will play ok-good-great when being played on exhibition mode.

If you scroll through old threads most demos have been received well,then a week after the full release you start seeing the bad stuff.
I want a demo with ML/League mode,that's the only way to judge a game.
But guess it's part of the smoke and mirror tactics from Konami (and EA)

This game needs a EA access style demo. Being able to play the full release for about 10 hours or so wood be a very good way to evaluate the game. Of course that would be the end of most sales for Konami...unless they delivered a really good game.

This game needs a EA access style demo. Being able to play the full release for about 10 hours or so wood be a very good way to evaluate the game. Of course that would be the end of most sales for Konami...unless they delivered a really good game.
In fairness, if it impacted sales, EA wouldn't still be doing it. You'll sway more undecided people (and get them playing with friends, who then buy the game, which "forces" you to buy the game) than you will put them off, especially when the ones who aren't sure may buy it anyway to see if the day one patch changes the stuff they didn't like!

If Konami did it with PES, 75% of us would moan about it, 25% would love it, and a week after release the 75% would see so many "I'M LOVING THIS" posts from the 25% that they'd all buy the game anyway.

And once bought, you keep it for the potentially game-changing patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom