eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when the demo hits I'll go for the only thing that interest me, to se if stats matter and if trying to play some sort of realistic football is possible when using PA1.

That means to go online with some of the lesser teams and go up against Juve, Barca etc (which i suppose everyone will use). Not being optmistic though...

Yep.

I want to play a master league with current day players, stadia, tactics and atmosphere.

PES is still stuck in the past. Everything about it is so archaic.

Some people actually get excited about Legends but why? Every player feel so similar on the ball in PES now and every player passes exactly the same.
I've said this in the past, it's way cheaper to pay retired players than to pay for Mbappe or Hazard. ML suffers from this, by using regens and stuff like that.

I like legends in online mode, because in the old titles you could not pick the classic teams.

Sport Recife (Brazilian club) Serie B

Sport confirmed its presence in PES 2020, and with exclusivity. The rubro-negro club will continue to figure in the Konami game, with uniforms and players faithfully represented.

The information was confirmed by Rafael Soares, marketing director of Sport, who explained the reason for the partnership with PES. "It turned out to be the best proposal we were negotiating on. The club will be with the players having the real names, "he says.

It is worth remembering that the team is already present at PES 2019, in addition to having participated in the e-Brasileirão, esports tournament of the game together with the Brazilian Confederation of Soccer. However, in the current version of the game, not all athletes have real names, which should be changed to PES 2020.

"Ai appears to be less one dimensional when attacking compared to last year"
:LOL:
Well that doesnt sound too optimistic..

Its not like - Playing against AI is challenging and refreshing. All teams play different football, good players really stand out and will leave you in the dust if you're not careful. Also - once you leave some space outside of the box AI will smash it, trying to surprise the keeper..

Instead we have - appears to be less one dimentional... (please dont give out to me if it turns out to be shite)... :LOL:

Its not like - Playing against AI is challenging and refreshing. All teams play different football, good players really stand out and will leave you in the dust if you're not careful. Also - once you leave some space outside of the box AI will smash it, trying to surprise the keeper..

Instead we have - appears to be less one dimentional... (please dont give out to me if it turns out to be shite)... :LOL:
I'll hunt you down like Colombo dear Sir:)

Tbf, the quote is cut short. The original is:

"The AI, for example, appears less one-dimensional than it did in last year’s game, varying its attacks and providing a worthy challenge on SuperStar difficulty for skilled players."

So it hits one of your extra wants. Who knows whether it matches up to what FFT say though.

"The AI, for example, appears less one-dimensional than it did in last year’s game, varying its attacks and providing a worthy challenge on SuperStar difficulty for skilled players."

So it hits one of your extra wants. Who knows whether it matches up to what FFT say though.
Ticked one of my boxes if correct!

From what we've seen from numerous gameplay videos the ai being less one-dimensional in PES 2020 may be true but on superstar difficulty they still look very underwhelming in terms of creativity and individuality.

I think higher difficulties is always an issue in Pes,though I had my best games on 19 playing SS,just like on fifas ultimate difficulty it played with CPU errors ,somewhat bad passing etc.
It's an issue with difficulties,wish they could have one difficulty,then a few sliders so you could set difficulty to your own liking.

Played quite a few games on 18 today,and jumping between difficulties there,it was hard as hell setting a good challenge for me.

Reg difficulty (PA0) so good (but to easy after a while)
Professional (PA0) complete trainwreck, catch-up,missed shots/blocked shots in truckloads.
TP (PA0) so unresponsive in defence,great on the ball,off the ball rubbish!
TP (PA1) probably the best alongside Reg.

I think higher difficulties is always an issue in Pes,though I had my best games on 19 playing SS,just like on fifas ultimate difficulty it played with CPU errors ,somewhat bad passing etc.
It's an issue with difficulties,wish they could have one difficulty,then a few sliders so you could set difficulty to your own liking.

Played quite a few games on 18 today,and jumping between difficulties there,it was hard as hell setting a good challenge for me.

Reg difficulty (PA0) so good (but to easy after a while)
Professional (PA0) complete trainwreck, catch-up,missed shots/blocked shots in truckloads.
TP (PA0) so unresponsive in defence,great on the ball,off the ball rubbish!
TP (PA1) probably the best alongside Reg.

Having only one difficulty and leaving the rest for the players to change with sliders would probably turn a lot of casual players off, but it would be cool if they added a new "difficulty" that was set apart from all of the others, a 100% stat based one.

Having only one difficulty and leaving the rest for the players to change with sliders would probably turn a lot of casual players off, but it would be cool if they added a new "difficulty" that was set apart from all of the others, a 100% stat based one.
They could go the NHL/2k way,add casual/SIM/hardcore SIM then difficulty on top of that.

Reactions: MKC
They could go the NHL/2k way,add casual/SIM/hardcore SIM then difficulty on top of that.

Actually, now that you mentioned it, i think having only one difficulty and sliders to adjust it, like you suggested before, but also having preset sliders that emulate the difficulty settings, could work really well for both hardcore and casual fans. I had completely forgotten that the NBA 2K games had that feature.

Actually, now that you mentioned it, i think having only one difficulty and sliders to adjust it, like you suggested before, but also having preset sliders that emulate the difficulty settings, could work really well for both hardcore and casual fans. I had completely forgotten that the NBA 2K games had that feature.
Its a great feature,also 2k is a game that can be played by all gamers, arcade/online/offline/hardcore sim.
Would be an easy solution for everyone

Why is Konami not able to do something like that?
I don't understand Konami's negligence for these details
https://www.behance.net/gallery/82670089/PES-2020-Concept
0df47982670089.5d24b89fb6395.jpg
e144a582670089.5d24b89fb755f.jpg
4ce42a82670089.5d24b89fb72e6.jpg
824a1882670089.5d24b89fb6682.jpg
8d0c0a82670089.5d24b89fb5f25.jpg
ae57cb82670089.5d24b89fb6eb2.jpg
484e8582670089.5d24b89fb792e.jpg

i agree, this scoreboard is brilliant

I play 2019 on regular & professional difficulty but on full manual and i still get my arse kicked by the CPU, but i find those difficulties the most balanced, for anyway.

I play on manual because it makes me consider every decision i do rather than just passively ping ponging the ball around, I find the ball physics to be more pronounced on manual and you have to gentler with filling up the power bar as you can't pass with the same amount of power as you can on any of the PA's as it'll just spray outta play, which i kinda like on manual. The AI is less hyper aggressive in terms of pressing and laser guided tiki-taka and their lack of ruthlessness is balanced with my higher passing/shooting error.

I'd like to play the AI on higher difficulty but it only ramps their perfection up really ans as the AI doesn't "play on manual" settings either, It never truly feels fair. Kudo's do all those who do play on SS on FUMA.

I'm hoping we get 10 minutes in the demo, I'm looking forward to seeing how the manual settings affect ball physics and if the contextual body positioning is further pronounced on manual.

Does anyone remember at what time last years demo was in store? I'm off to Mallorca on Tuesday and hoping to play one or two quick games before...

Last year was quite early if I'm not wrong. :CONF:

I play 2019 on regular & professional difficulty but on full manual and i still get my arse kicked by the CPU, but i find those difficulties the most balanced, for anyway.

I play on manual because it makes me consider every decision i do rather than just passively ping ponging the ball around, I find the ball physics to be more pronounced on manual and you have to gentler with filling up the power bar as you can't pass with the same amount of power as you can on any of the PA's as it'll just spray outta play, which i kinda like on manual. The AI is less hyper aggressive in terms of pressing and laser guided tiki-taka and their lack of ruthlessness is balanced with my higher passing/shooting error.

I'd like to play the AI on higher difficulty but it only ramps their perfection up really ans as the AI doesn't "play on manual" settings either, It never truly feels fair. Kudo's do all those who do play on SS on FUMA.

I'm hoping we get 10 minutes in the demo, I'm looking forward to seeing how the manual settings affect ball physics and if the contextual body positioning is further pronounced on manual.
I can't play Pes 19 or 18 on PA0 above professional difficulty ,there's something about it's reaction/player switching being off.
Constantly out of position,and constantly having to wake the players up every time you switch to them.
Doesn't happen on Reg/Prof PAO.
And it doesn't happen on TP/SS when playing PA1.
It's a huge flaw really,never had any problem playing PA0 and TP/SS on 17.
Really hope they fix this for Pes 20

I can't play Pes 19 or 18 on PA0 above professional difficulty ,there's something about it's reaction/player switching being off.
Constantly out of position,and constantly having to wake the players up every time you switch to them.
Doesn't happen on Reg/Prof PAO.
And it doesn't happen on TP/SS when playing PA1.
It's a huge flaw really,never had any problem playing PA0 and TP/SS on 17.
Really hope they fix this for Pes 20
Well I've always held a theory that on higher difficulties, For years, on both games.. That the reactivness of players, switching, inputs, runs etc; All gets nerfed on higher difficulty to emulate the feeling of challenge. That's why sometimes you can't help but think it feels cheaty, It's always not like the AI play exceptional, more intelligent football, they get faster and more accurate and you get sluggish, static and less responsive which aren't ideal conditions for a match.

Even playing PES 6 over the last couple of weeks on 6 Stars, You could just feel the game immobilizing your players more, The pressure goes through the roof and attacking is very difficult not necessarily because AI defending is better but because your teammates don't provide support - You end up running past your team mates even when dribbling because your holding up as much as possible waiting for over laps or crucial runs.

Well I've always held a theory that on higher difficulties, For years, on both games.. That the reactivness of players, switching, inputs, runs etc; All gets nerfed on higher difficulty to emulate the feeling of challenge. That's why sometimes you can't help but think it feels cheaty, It's always not like the AI play exceptional, more intelligent football, they get faster and more accurate and you get sluggish, static and less responsive which aren't ideal conditions for a match.

Even playing PES 6 over the last couple of weeks on 6 Stars, You could just feel the game immobilizing your players more, The pressure goes through the roof and attacking is very difficult not necessarily because AI defending is better but because your teammates don't provide support - You end up running past your team mates even when dribbling because your holding up as much as possible waiting for over laps or crucial runs.
It's a weird curve/algorithm.
Past year I've played both Pes 18-19 on regular Difficulty,and player reaction/player switching Vs TP is mindblowing.

I agree on your theory,I've been quite critical on professional difficulty and how the CPU waters down your movement/shooting/passing/player switching Vs regular difficulty.
I find TP (on ball) much better,but then the CPU gets insane boost's when attacking.
Having a really hard time finding these two games enjoyable when it comes to difficultly.

My main issue,I can take the OP CPU on attack etc,but the player switching,or how my manual passing gets fiddled with (at least that's how I see it)
Might go back to regular again

eFootball... that is BS ... PES on this stage.. can't be eSports game.. at all. In my opinion, an eSport game is one in which at least 95% is based on the gamer's choices and skills, the remaining 5% may be scripted and AI manipulated situations. Even games like Smash, MK, Street Fighter and Counter-Strike, it's 100% based on the players' skills, at least I think so. In PES, the AI manipulation is too big to part of the base gameplay. Someone will say that in the eSport modes, there is less manipulation, but the fact that it is there in the first place makes the game unsuitable and unfair for e-Sport scene.

eFootball... that is BS ... PES on this stage.. can't be eSports game.. at all. In my opinion, an eSport game is one in which at least 95% is based on the gamer's choices and skills, the remaining 5% may be scripted and AI manipulated situations. Even games like Smash, MK, Street Fighter and Counter-Strike, it's 100% based on the players' skills, at least I think so. In PES, the AI manipulation is too big to part of the base gameplay. Someone will say that in the eSport modes, there is less manipulation, but the fact that it is there in the first place makes the game unsuitable and unfair for e-Sport scene.

Agreed.

The ironic thing is that to have a "fair" but still varied field you'd probably be much better off making a game without random boosts but 100% stats driven.. which is kinda the opposite of what is happening lately.

yeah on pes 17 I have never feel cheated on SS level and I'm on full manual. Go from 17 straight into 19 same teams and it's laughable, players drift out of position allowing chances, defenders don't respond sometimes even the AI defenders switch off allowing you to dribble past... Its just a mess

yeah on pes 17 I have never feel cheated on SS level and I'm on full manual. Go from 17 straight into 19 same teams and it's laughable, players drift out of position allowing chances, defenders don't respond sometimes even the AI defenders switch off allowing you to dribble past... Its just a mess
Spot on!
Exactly how I feel playing TP/SS on 18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom