Eduardo's Horrific Injury -- Video Included

Do you think the tackle should be shown on TV?

• Yes

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
Thats completely different matherto
cisse_leg_break.jpg

Neil didnt slide in with a dangerous foot. Here it was more of a 50/50 ball at top speed. Taylor completely missed the ball.

Yeah, but in the heat of the moment, can you really think fast enough to keep your leg down when you've already lunged in? I doubt it.

but it's not somerhing u have to "think about". it must be an automatic movement (after years and years of training sessions)..

i mean what the hell it is automatic for me, and i'm nothing more than a shitty amateur cb!

btw i don't wanna "demonize" taylor. i'm sure he must be very sad right now... and i'm sure he didn't wanna hurt eduardo.

but he did something really wrong. if he would have kept his feet in a proper way, his feet would have slide over eduardo's leg, as it usually happens when u miss the tackle and hit the opponent's leg.

i disagree with venger's exagerate opinion, of course, but nontheless taylor should stay away from the pitch for 2\3 matches...

just to do a silly comparison, a lot of people die every day on our streets coz of drunk drivers..... i'm sure non of those drivers meant to hurt anybody.... but it doesn't matter what they mean... they do something something wrong (driving drunk) and they have to take responsability, paying for their mistakes.

when u tackle somebody with a hammer-flected feet, u know that, if u'll miss the tackle, u might mess up your opponent's leg, so....

Last edited:
It seems that this thread has been popular. I have looked at all the posts, videos and images and have updated the first post with a good video of what happens.

Did Lucas Neill get banned when he broke Cisse's leg? No he didn't, so neither should Taylor.

Yeah, but in the heat of the moment, can you really think fast enough to keep your leg down when you've already lunged in? I doubt it.

If you're a professional defender you should know how to tackle. Has Paulo Maldini ever done a challenge that has removed a player's ankle from his leg ? The ball was always on the ground, it was nowhere near shin-to-knee height, Taylor did a poor tackle - he wanted to scare him early in the game to put fear into Arsenal's players. This is the trouble with teams like Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton etc. They have players who are no better than village farmers, totally devoid of skill. A very crude tackle from a brute of a player.

Yeah - I'm very glad he withdrew his comment. And I agree that some of the people on this thread are ignorant. Remember, this is a thread to discuss the injury and give hope to Eduardo, if ever did read this thread lol.

I, personally, think his career is over.

Get over Gallas mate - it was a small kick to the ankles - nothing like this!

This is completely different.

The guy meant to do a hard reckless challenge - people do them all the time. But if you have the balls to do them - you have to have the balls to live with the consequences.

He needs to pay for what he did - pure and simple.

Quoted in agreement

There is a difference between Physical football and clumsy careless challenges.

Last edited:
Taylor did a poor tackle - he wanted to scare him early in the game to put fear into Arsenal's players. This is the trouble with teams like Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton etc. They have players who are no better than village farmers, totally devoid of skill. A very crude tackle from a brute of a player.

You are agenius, because you can read people's minds. Only Taylor himself knows what his intentionswere. He deserves the benefit of the doubt at least.

The second part of what i quoted makes more sense although the way you express it is rather negative. It is a fact that quite a lot of English players in the Premiership are bad defenders who defend very impulsive...

That's why, despite of all the world class players in the Premiership, i'm not so sure if it's the best league in the world. It's too easy to score goals. That's why i after all i think lo zio is right and i was wrong in my ealier post. But i think Taylor should be given a break. He will face a ban for at least 3 matches (with all the media coverage, the disciplinary board of the FA will make a statement), but i 'm still convinced that by Brittish standards this what not a horrendous tackle. The fact that theItalian people on this forum disagree proves my point that it's a cultural difference.

British standards and culture my ass. This is football, not culture class, and definitely not war. If you want to play football then please play it how it should be played and abide by its rules. I never liked careless challenges and never will. If you like Kung fu then you know where to go. Gods sake every single one of you looking up excuses for Taylor. How about being in Eduardo's shoes for a moment? Maybe no football for you all because Mr. Taylor was careless for a moment and thought what the heck he'll just do a careless tackle and it may or may not snap your leg in two.

Just look at the picture again and see for yourself where the ball is and where Taylor's foot is well planted. Clean record or not there's always a first time. Such challenges happening all the time don't make it legit or give it an excuse. Infact that is the exact reason why shit like this happens, because its been done quite alot and been overlooked, which in turn leads to clumsy tacklers thinking "its ok we'll keep doing that until one day someone's leg gets chopped". I certainly wouldn't be dancing about someone doing that to me. Careless tackle made, shit happened, face the consequences.

That's why i after all i think lo zio is right and i was wrong in my ealier post. But i think Taylor should be given a break. He will face a ban for at least 3 matches (with all the media coverage, the disciplinary board of the FA will make a statement), but i 'm still convinced that by Brittish standards this what not a horrendous tackle. The fact that theItalian people on this forum disagree proves my point that it's a cultural difference.

it's not about being right or wrong, my friend. we're just sharing our views... and i have a huge respect for your views... (much more than for hansen's views :DD).
besides i agree with u about this being not an horrendous tackle, compared to the premiership standards.
and sure there is a cultural difference between the italian way and the british way to conceive the game.
otherwise there would be no point for me to come in an english forum.... exactly as there would be no point in following other leagues if they would "express" the same kind of football serie a does :))

anyway i heard that eduardo didn't broke both leg's bones. so wich one is broken? tibia or fibula? anybody knows?

Last edited:
it's not about being right or wrong, my friend. we're just sharing our views... and i have a huge respect for your views... (much more than for hansen's views :DD).
besides i agree with u about this being not an horrendous tackle, compared to the premiership standards.
and sure there is a cultural difference between the italian way and the british way to conceive the game.
otherwise there would be no point for me to come in an english forum.... exactly as there would be no point in following other leagues if they would "express" the same kind of football serie a does :))

anyway i heard that eduardo didn't broke both leg's bones. so wich one is broken? tibia or fibula? anybody knows?

I thought a compound fracture meant both.

Anywho, the leg has been set, and he's been transferred back to London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7261466.stm

Only fibula. Luckily, after seeing those pics where it looks like his foot is hanging on nothing but a skin.
Btw, eduardo in his recent interview from hospital said that he can't blame taylor, that's what life is and those things happen in football :applaud::king:

I do like it how people are uploading avatars with Eduardo in.

I can't change the poll but I am going to ask you all:

How long should Taylor's ban be?
1 match
2 matches
3 matches
5 matches
1 month
More?

Post your comments!

I think it should be a 3 month ban.

hey lets face it, if u break someone's leg or any of that manner in public you will have serious consequences. Surely this should apply in football after reviewing tapes and such to question the guilty player with a polygraph tests....

so its just a bad accident??? accidents are somethings like collisions not longin into a player's leg with full attack moded boot sole....

Back
Top Bottom