Eduardo's Horrific Injury -- Video Included

Do you think the tackle should be shown on TV?

• Yes

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
:SS
wow. u guys really have no half measures.
some of u think taylor could be compared to a criminal who should go in prison or skip more than 5 matches....:?
some other guys pretend "nothing happened" or even more incredible, consider this as an innocuous challenge :?

eduardo showed class and fair play, forgiving taylor... afterall what was he supposed to do? eduardo is a pro. he knows how theese things go on. he knows taylor didn't mean to hurt him (of course)and he knows taylor is just one of those "butchers" i was mentioning before....

but it's not up to eduardo to decide what will happen now. we have referees and sport judges. And it's up to them to establish if taylor should be disqualified for a couple of matches or not.

Iceman said:
I thought a compound fracture meant both.
"compound" means that the bone pops out of the skin, if i got it correctly.

ZaGabria said:
Only fibula
a good news, finally :))

Last edited:
Taylor should get banned for the same period Eduardo's out. If Eduardo forgives him then that ban drops to half the period. Fair enough?

Whats all this Taylor should be banned crap about?

It was Edwardo knocking the ball out of Taylor's reach.

Taylor was a split second too late and it resulted in an horrific injury.

I'm sure Taylor is inconsolable but these things happen.

There was no malitious intent in the tackle.

If that happen to Rooney or Gerrard....God forebid , What would happen to him then? It seems these injuries happen to mellow temperment blokes...mendez,cech and eduardo to name a few I even throw in diaby (broke angle) Arsenal player

Eduardo's foot was dangling... was shaped like an "L". The bone was visible... Some say that he could have faced amputation.

You expect me to have simpathy for Taylor?!
Who tackles like that? Ignorant pricks who are clearly in the wrong sport. UFC anxiously awaits him.

Last edited:
If Dudu had pulled out of the tackle to feign injury, the media would have had a field day of another diving foreigner.

It's so fickle here in the Premiership it's not even funny.

Exactly what i posted on another forum

Look where his foot meets his leg?!! - it should never have been that high. As I have said before it was a very shit challenge that was meant to take Eduardo out - not meant to break his leg granted.

It happens week in week out - but if you go and do those tackles then if it goes badly wrong, you need to have a serious ban!!

Basically Taylor did his job wrong - People are talking like Eduardo moved the ball out of Taylors reach with the speed of light!! it was a normal knock on that every player does. Also every defender knows the likelyhood of it being knocked on is great and would read that. In any other job if you did your job that badly with a huge effect on another of your colleugues - you would get severly disciplined or even the sack - Even if you didn't mean it!

Look he is a grown up and a Proffesional footballer playing in the Premier league. He is not a child "Aww he didn't mean it - he is a good lad really" what a load of bollocks!!!

He made a very bad challenge that has completely fucked up another person!! he deserves a lengthy ban.

All the pricks saying it didn't even deserve a Yellow card are fucking mindless pricks and it is insulting to Eduardo and any other football player that has had these type of career threatening injuries. I think David Platt said that among others - What a cock Jockey!!!

I know he didn't mean to break the leg - but he meant the foul and it came out bad.

He needs to serve a long ban - maybe rest of the season (Definately longer than 3 games!!!!!) then he needs to learn from his mistake and others need to learn from it to.

Managers need to learn not to tell their players to go out and kick another team around - then maybe these challenges may be eradicated - who knows, but it is a step in the right direction.

i saw the challenge finally and it didnt look like any intent to harm, and im not even sure he meant to take him out, BUT his studs should not have been showing.. bad bad technique.. i think he should get the 3 match ban if this is the first offense of this type for taylor

No, he should get a ban for 5 or 6 matches....because after all, it was a bad tackle...and because future offenders should know that you can't do anything like this without being punished.
What happened now should cause a debate...why not in the future punish offenders as long as their victims are out with perhaps a maximum of one entire season????
But not now in this case, that would not be fair.

No, he should get a ban for 5 or 6 matches....because after all, it was a bad tackle...and because future offenders should know that you can't do anything like this without being punished.
What happened now should cause a debate...why not in the future punish offenders as long as their victims are out with perhaps a maximum of one entire season????
But not now in this case, that would not be fair.

because the intent was not there to injure... what the guy on city did to pedro mendes, was intent to harm, to me this was not. So its two different situations.
From the angle i saw it looks like he was going for the ball but he just didnt make a very good tackle and the worst possible thing happend. I dont think you should ban a player for bad technique. If so neither of readings center backs would be allowed to play again LOL.

"compound" means that the bone pops out of the skin, if i got it correctly.

That's correct, it's known as a compound, or open, fracture when the bone penetrates the outer wall of the leg

I'd be very surprised if Eduardo hasn't broken the tibia as well as the fibula, considering the angle his ankle was at by the time he landed, according to some reports he's broken his leg in three places

all the best to Eduardo, I know what he's going through and can only hope he makes a full recovery

I was watching the game live, and at first thought it was a total accident. But looking at the pics posted in this thread I changed my mind. Taylor clearly wanted to do damage, I mean, who makes a butcher tackle like that?? Foot high, plus he was looking straight at his boot (look at the last pic posted). It was 3 minutes of play, they didnt even have time to find a reason to play roughly like that. It was the typical attitude of the smaller clubs, in which the players want to intimidate a better opponent right from the start.

I'm not saying Taylor is a criminal. But a professional must have responsibilty and respect for his colleagues of profession (considering the principle that it could happen with himself as well). Players can defend hard without putting another's integrity at risk. We don't see the likes of Terry, Touré and Ferdinand tackling like that.

He didnt want to deliberately break Eduardo's leg, but he intended a ruthless challenge. And like someone said before, if things go really bad and you must face the consequences.

A five game ban would be ridiculous, an insult really. The FA sould ban him for at least the rest of this season, giving him plenty of time to think about it.

This should also be a lesson to everyone of you who think its alright to tackle like that, as long as nothing serious happen. Its NOT normal behavior and should always be punished in some way, even if nothing happened. Cause if things carry on like this, it wont be one in a thousand... We would have 5 injuries like that per season.

Note the class on Wenger, of taking back his statement. Mourinho never took back what he said about Hunt after Cech's injury.

And above all, praise Eduardo's sportmanship and class after forgiving Taylor. I hope with all of my heart he can fully recover and return to his beloved game with no fears and the same joy of before.

Cheers

That's correct, it's known as a compound, or open, fracture when the bone penetrates the outer wall of the leg

I'd be very surprised if Eduardo hasn't broken the tibia as well as the fibula, considering the angle his ankle was at by the time he landed, according to some reports he's broken his leg in three places

all the best to Eduardo, I know what he's going through and can only hope he makes a full recovery

Full extent;

The 25-year-old suffered a fractured left fibula and an open dislocation of his left ankle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7263029.stm

Lets face it , no one really knows Taylor's real intentions but in the end Eduardo is a young talented player that has a great future ... Risking someone's career like that should be punished in an reasonable but harsh penalty to set a good example on unexperienced tacklers

Wenger's comment after the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gtc1WaBSVM&NR=1

Last edited:
Apparentley yesterday at Wembley Spurs fans were singing 'Whats that coming out of your sock, its your ankle, its your ankle' to the tune of 'Whats that coming over the hill... :censor:

Exactly what i posted on another forum

Coopz I´m sorry to say that you were wrong in both foruns.

Everytime you do a tackle with the foot at that height you have a bad intention, there´s no discussion about it, the ball was lower. If you play you must know.

Even if that donkey had only touched the ball he should have received a red card. It wasn´t a fair challenge, you should never do this with a colleague.

I don't know.. Watching slowmotion over, I feel like Taylor's not even eye following the ball. His only intention is to stop the attack, whatever it takes. Sure you can never enter the tackle with the idea of breaking someone's leg (you'll be making yourself a "favor" as much as to your opponent) but you must be really blind claiming that this was just a mistaken tackle..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFeWeLMqpC4

Back
Top Bottom