Eduardo's Horrific Injury -- Video Included

Do you think the tackle should be shown on TV?

• Yes

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
Get over Gallas mate - it was a small kick to the ankles - nothing like this!

This is completely different.

The guy meant to do a hard reckless challenge - people do them all the time. But if you have the balls to do them - you have to have the balls to live with the consequences.

He needs to pay for what he did - pure and simple.

You can't see it from a neutral's perspective though mate. What should happen to Matt Taylor now? Should he be arrested? Should he have his balls cut off? He went in for a challenge which ended really badly for Eduardo. Bad & mis-timed tackles happen in football.

he should do something on his part lay off couple matches and visit Eduardo for an apology....

1. He is banned for a few matches anyway.

2. He will definately visit/phone Eduardo & pay his respects. Matt Taylor isn't an evil warlord, he is just an honest footballer.

1. Yeah but players get red carded for stupid manners so i don't see few matches as a proper punishment.

2. Agree and hopefully he'll do that.

Mate, he is gonna get shit wherever he plays now, the punishment hasn't even started. If he could turn back time, HE would.

another thing i'd like to point out is that C.Ronaldo was taken out in an similar way plus Morrison had intentions to damage Ronaldo, but he couldn't. This is a technique that Eduardo was lacking imo, and yes Taylor is bigger then Morrison but still if Ronaldo were in that kind of a situation im sure he would've escaped the injury. Its not a dive rather a smart move ,
the video of it btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twn7_4dWS5Q

another thing i'd like to point out is that C.Ronaldo was taken out in an similar way plus Morrison had intentions to damage Ronaldo, but he couldn't. This is a technique that Eduardo was lacking imo, and yes Taylor is bigger then Morrison but still if Ronaldo were in that kind of a situation im sure he would've escaped the injury. Its not a dive rather a smart move ,
the video of it btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twn7_4dWS5Q

What a pile of bollocks!!!

You can't see it from a neutral's perspective though mate. What should happen to Matt Taylor now? Should he be arrested? Should he have his balls cut off? He went in for a challenge which ended really badly for Eduardo. Bad & mis-timed tackles happen in football.

Of course he didn't mean to break the leg - but he meant to do a hard reckless challenge - to bring the player down and to get the player and not the ball.

In my opinion if a player does those challenges he should be ready for the consequences if it all goes wrong.

If it was an arsenal player I would say the same.

He should get a hefty fine and a good few months ban.

someone falls asleep at the wheel of a car and kills a person because if it - they have a severe punishment. They didn't mean it - but why does the family have to be the only one that suffers?

Its not killing someone = but I give the example.

Eduardo shouldn't be the one with a season or two out of the game - he didn't do anything.

Taylor did it - he deserves a very harsh punishment - end of story in my book.

I personally think these challenge's happen alot of the time but simply but THIS time it turned out to be horrific, i hope Eduardo can recover quickly and get back to playing but i don't think it Taylor is at fault, its a bad challenge, he got a red card, he'll miss a few games and say sorry (and get slated by fans and media for alot longer) and that should be the end of it,

OFF TOPIC: The main reason i stopped playing football was at secondary school because whenever you get the ball the the pricks try to hack you all over the last time i actually played a "proper" game was i had the ball and cut in and some twat blatantly ran in and smashed me on my standing leg on the thigh, i was fucked but the dumb teachers didnt say or do anything and said walk it off...dumb fucks

It was very, very unfortunate that the injury turned out to be so bad. I am sure Taylor didn't mean, no professional footballer would ever mean to do it. He should get punishment for trying such a challenge, but life ban would be very wrong.

Let's hope Eduardo gets back as soon as he can (which I am afraid might be a long time).

Yesterday was a sad sad day for every true football fan in Croatia. Eduardo is a huge rolemodel and the most positive person in our sport. Why did this happen to him... the nicest guy you can think of...

Eduardo will return! But a long hard pause is ahead of him... I cannot wait to see him in action again.

Taylor... He went to Eduardo's leg to cause damage. That's clear. Maybe not so much damage...but he did this on purpose. A huge ban is in order.

My Prayers go out to young Eduardo, hope you make a smooth recovery & god bless you, the footballing world needs you.

My thoughts go out to Eduardo, I really hope he recovers the best he can. Like someone said in this thread, we have to hope that, being a sportsman, he's more trained and has better chances to recover.
It's too bad to see that people doesn't think about the consequences of what they do, but please don't be too harsh on Taylor. God only knows how he feels now.

The injury was definitely an accident, Taylor just went in late because Eduardo was too fast for him, the injury just made it look worse than it actually was. I can understand Gallas' reactions at the end of the game, wouldn't anyone be upset if their friend got injured like that and then you threw away a game in the last minute. I just hope he gets better soon :pray:

did you ever play football and did you ever think to damage an opponent you hated at the moment?

Yes, loads of times. I can think of five off the top of my head. One time my team had just had an attack and one of their defenders was walking up the pitch so I came up behind him and crunched him on the back of the leg with my studs :ROCK::LOL:. Another time was at school when a kid who was new and he was about to run past so i smashed him in the shin as hard as I could, my foot hurt for ages and he didn't even say sorry to me :?. And then another time it was my first match my new team, I ran down the wing cut into the penalty area some guy came over and tackled me, so I dived to try and get a penalty but it wasn't given so I got up and started kicking the guy who tackled me. I kicked him in the shins, the balls, the stomach and then I stamped on him when he was on the ground :lmao:. And another time I tryed to tackle someone and he passed the ball away, so even though I wasn't going to get the ball I stamped on his foot :ROCK: later on in the game I gave away a penalty for handball off the line :LOL:. The final time was in a recent match when someone had just had a shot and I came up behind him and kneed him :lmao:.

Yes, loads of times. I can think of five off the top of my head. One time my team had just had an attack and one of their defenders was walking up the pitch so I came up behind him and crunched him on the back of the leg with my studs :ROCK::LOL:. Another time was at school when a kid who was new and he was about to run past so i smashed him in the shin as hard as I could, my foot hurt for ages and he didn't even say sorry to me :?. And then another time it was my first match my new team, I ran down the wing cut into the penalty area some guy came over and tackled me, so I dived to try and get a penalty but it wasn't given so I got up and started kicking the guy who tackled me. I kicked him in the shins, the balls, the stomach and then I stamped on him when he was on the ground :lmao:. And another time I tryed to tackle someone and he passed the ball away, so even though I wasn't going to get the ball I stamped on his foot :ROCK: later on in the game I gave away a penalty for handball off the line :LOL:. The final time was in a recent match when someone had just had a shot and I came up behind him and kneed him :lmao:.

If you're not joking you're a twat.

In the end, I just wonder how it could happen on a Premier League ground. This kind of harsh tackles are the one made by very nasty people (Materazzi for example) or by very UNEXPERIENCED ones (for example amateurs).
I really don't get it, Taylor didn't seem to go for a malicious tackle, but he doesn't even seem that unexperienced.
I guess he has just been unlucky, and the poor Eduardo will just pay for it.

In the end, I just wonder how it could happen on a Premier League ground. This kind of harsh tackles are the one made by very nasty people (Materazzi for example) or by very UNEXPERIENCED ones (for example amateurs).
I really don't get it, Taylor didn't seem to go for a malicious tackle, but he doesn't even seem that unexperienced.
I guess he has just been unlucky, and the poor Eduardo will just pay for it.

it's all a matter of timing mate. it depends mostly by the ability of the player....
honestly i see a lot of horrible wrong tackles each week in permiership :roll:
fortunately most of them don't have bad consequences, like this one.

technique mate, technique. u don't see good defenders doing theese kind of mistakes.

Last edited:
^Correct. Plus I think it's the playing culture. Normally, these English teams are told to 'get in' with the bigger teams and bully them. Bad consequence this time, very bad....

The injury was definitely an accident, Taylor just went in late because Eduardo was too fast for him, the injury just made it look worse than it actually was. I can understand Gallas' reactions at the end of the game, wouldn't anyone be upset if their friend got injured like that and then you threw away a game in the last minute. I just hope he gets better soon :pray:

Like the other person said if your not joking - your are a knob job!!

you come into a thread talking about a horrific injury and then you laugh about you being a complete twat that goes out to purposefully injure people!!!!

Ridiculous - you should be ashamed of yourself!

1) All my sympathy goes out to Eduardo and his family. I hope he may recover fully...does anyone knows what kind of injury he actually has???

2)These things should showen on television the way MOTD treated it: with commetary by two experineced defenders who were able to supress the hysteria that was caused by Eduardo's injury. It was a tackle with horrendous consequences, but it was not an horrendous tackle. Both Hansen and the othe guy (always forget his name) pointed outthat Taylor had all the right to go for that ball...at the same moment Eduardo accelerated and both that and the tackle caused the injury. Am i saying that the injury is Eduardo' own fault??? Of course not. It was a tackle like you see dozens at each match, this one had horrendous consequences...

3)Incidents like this should provoke a serious debate about the way physical contacts in football are getting worse (the common euphemism is: "the game is getting more physcial") and the way "physical" contacts are (not) penalised. I'm not speaking about referees, they have to make split second decisions about actions or dilemma's that aren't even clear to me after seeing it 5 or 6 times. I'm talking about what happens afterwards: the ref misses an horrendous tackle or a blatant dive, but nothing is done about it afterwards...that's what's wrong. Furthermore there is a difference in playing style. English football is "physical" but now that more and more world stars are playing the premiership everyting goes faster and faster...The physical side of the game should be reconsidered in the light of the increased speed. This has not happened and that is to me the real reason why Eduardo has this horrendous injury. I'm watching MOTD regularly and each week i see several tackles that are much more horrendous than what Taylor did today. I will give one non English example. What Micoud did to Boussoufa was far more worse than what Taylor did. Micoud never had the intention to play the ball, Taylor did. Micoud was lucky that Boussouffa wasn't injuried at all...Taylor is unlucky that Eduardo has a very serious injury. But all that is not the point. The point is what happens afterwards: in the case of Taylor he will have a ban and i predict that it will be a serious ban. Nothing will ever happen to Micoud....

It was a tackle with horrendous consequences, but it was not an horrendous tackle. Both Hansen and the othe guy (always forget his name) pointed outthat Taylor had all the right to go for that ball...at the same moment Eduardo accelerated and both that and the tackle caused the injury. Am i saying that the injury is Eduardo' own fault??? Of course not. It was a tackle like you see dozens at each match, this one had horrendous consequences...

sorry Gerd but i have to correct u here. it was an horrendous tackle... wich shows an absolute lack of tecnique. and not only coz of the wrong timing. the biggest mistake Taylor did was going with a hammer feet. if he wouldn't have flected his feet like he did, nothing would have happened....

it's not really about getting more phisycal.... it's about getting less technical. (being able to realise when u're in a good position and timing to try an aggressive tackle... being aware that u never have to flect your feet when u try to tackle)

anyway i agree with u when u say that this is not the most horrible tackle we saw this season in premiership... eduardo was just more unlucky than many other guys.

I don't want to start a useless debate with you Ben, to me that tackle was not horrendous but clumsy. But what do i know. The fact that Hansen and Lawrenson (???) thought that it was not so was to me a proof that i was right.

But you could be right because both players come from that tradition of "physical" play. It would be interesting to know what people like Desailly who played in both England and Italy would think about it.

My first post was about being less physical. I always thought that Brittish footbal tends to be a litle bit too physical..i'm quite sure most Brittish people on this forum will disagree. But that is almost cultural.See also the Brittish opinion about "cheating" - what most Italians would call "clever play".

i'm all for phisycal football Gerd (and that's why i love premiership).... but first u have to know how to play.
this is a fundamental, a basic. one of the first things the coaches teach u when u start playing football in a team. "look at the upcoming player foot, look at his step, to predict where he's heading at and to realise if you're in a good position\timing to tackle him.

and most important, never tackling with hammer-flected feet. never!"

desailly was a phisycal player, but he also had an IMMENSE tecnhique. he too did some wrong tackles in his carrer (wtf everybody can commit a mistake, even a nesta) but he would have never done a tackle flecting his feet.

there are some quality english defenders. they are "phisycal players", of course, but they're also technically educated.

but with all respect, they're a few. the majority of english cbs look more like butchers, to an "educated eye".

i know i'll probably get flamed for this... but what the hell, we're here to express our views, afterall :))

The fact that Hansen and Lawrenson (???) thought that it was not so was to me a proof that i was right.
u mean alan hansen? the bbc journalist?... well, i guess it's better if i don't tell u what i think about him and his football knowledge :DD

Last edited:
there are some quality english defenders. they are "phisycal players", of course, but they're also technically educated.

but with all respect, they're a few. the majority of english cbs look more like butchers, to an "educated eye".

You're right mate, John Terry is the perfect example. No pace, no great technical ability, but a big guy who can defend.

I feel that in this country (England) defenders are taught from an early age not to "mess about" with the ball and just to hoof it clear.

You're lucky this is not the Italian way.:))

I agree it was horrendous because, like ben said, his foot was high, shin level. Thats very poor technique. Its basic principles to keep your foot below someone's shin.

Did Lucas Neill get banned when he broke Cisse's leg? No he didn't, so neither should Taylor.

I agree it was horrendous because, like ben said, his foot was high, shin level. Thats very poor technique. Its basic principles to keep your foot below someone's shin.

Yeah, but in the heat of the moment, can you really think fast enough to keep your leg down when you've already lunged in? I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom