E3 2010 - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take no notice of Rad his Uncle bill Gates raped him when he was young.

It was twice actually. First time when MS completely abandoned the support for the original xbox leaving us all with nothing new to play unless we upgraded to a 360. And the 2nd time was when they sold us those 360 consoles for £250+ knowing that it was a broken mess of a machine.

I'm not just picking on MS though. Tiger Woods on the sony stage was laggy as well - but no one was talking about that just then. The EA guy tried to play the game and somehow missed the first shot completely, then on the second shot it was RIDICULOUSLY laggy. But then you can see other videos where it's working perfectly and 1:1.

It's the same here... lag on the first vid with the man in his box room. He lifted his arms up and it took half a second for the game to do the same. But then it looks much better in the other vid with the guy in the red suits. Though that's with the bearded guy from Xbox doing it who knows how it all works properly - when the other guys get in lag occurs.

9s6osi.jpg

Maybe it's because they're not all synced up. So it's set up for the first guy to use and it knows his body properly but the other people aren't fully synced up so that's why it's off? I'm not sure.

The racing game on the 2nd video look really off though. The guy turns his arms and nothing happens for a second and he bounces into the wall .. so he turns more and then it turns almost too much to the right. another time one of the shows guys has a go, he turns right and the car turns LEFT!

It's strange how these new things can work on one video and then not on another so much.

Last edited:
I mentioned the lag on Toger Woods, it was pretty bad I thought. Shame as it'd be awesome if it was lag-free.

Just read on eurogamer that for PS move you don't need the navigation controller... you can use a normal joypad instead. So you can have the orb one controller in one hand and the regular pad either in the other or on your knee to move your character around.

I have to say, I'm not really interested in either Kinect or Move. I could be changed in my mind though, but from what I have seen, no chance. I cant actually believe MS are selling all those games as separate titles either, talk about trying to cash in! Stick them all on one disc, and make it the Wii Sports type game for Kinect, cause deep down, thats all they are, a collection of mini games which I doubt will inspire anyone.

We don't have a Kinect thread but as we were talking about Kinect and number of players in this thread a bit ago...

Kinect tech spec finally revealed
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kinect-spec-blog-entry

Skeletal Tracking System

* Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
* Tracks 20 joints per active player
* Ability to map active players to Xbox LIVE Avatars

So it's only 2 players at once now. Didn't they show games with 4 players playing at the same time or mention 4 players at the same time in the past?

i dont get this bit:
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players

What does kinect track of the 4 remaining people? spectators for a game?

We don't have a Kinect thread but as we were talking about Kinect and number of players in this thread a bit ago...

Kinect tech spec finally revealed
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kinect-spec-blog-entry

So it's only 2 players at once now. Didn't they show games with 4 players playing at the same time or mention 4 players at the same time in the past?

In the video you may be thinking of it's when the family play football? They switch in and out and Kinect keeps track of when they're not in play and then when they go back in play (IIRC in this example Dad & Daughter were playing against each other in the outfield but when there was a penalty Mum & Son took over and she took the penalty and he was in goal to save it).

Jonney it's not that complicated really, it means up to 6 people can be playing whatever game but it's just done 2 at a time, however as Kinect is still tracking you it knows when you're sat on the sofa and when you stand up, walk over and take your turn :)

It might have been that game yeah, it rings bells. I was always under the impression though that this would work for 4 players all at the same time though.

Well considering almost all of the "games" require hand and leg movements it seems a bit infeasible that people would have enough living room/den space for 4 people in a line to play without falling over each other?

I will be making a new thread tomorrow so let this one die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom