E3 2008

FF13 isn't exclusive though? He never said anything about it only being on the 360, just that they were glad it was on the 360.

Its not exclusive, it will be out day and date with the PS3 version, its huge because after MGS4 FF13 was the only huge 3rd party exclusive that the PS3 had.

Ah I see. I haven't played a FF game since FF10 so it doesn't bother me too much.

FF was great back years and years ago, ending with FF7. After that it just felt a bit generic, there's loads of good JRPG's around now that have caught up, or are better than, FF.

I don't play RPG's period so I'm not bothered either. I wonder why they never mentioned Forza 3.

Good point! Surely Forza 3 would be worth showing off if they had it close to completion?

Plus the 3 Halo games currently in production.

Can anyone get the Gamespot website to load?

Being able to share your Netflix movies with eight other people is a nice touch.

Neither Gamespot nor Kotaku are loading for me.

Eurogamer is dead right now, MS crashed the internet!

Netflix is a US only thing unless they branch out to Europe or MS sign up Lovefilm etc.

Only 1UP is working.

Good old Gamespot...

13252371ir8.jpg

By my calculations the Sony conference is two and a half hours earlier than the Nintendo conference if it's at 4pm.

Nintendo is at 5pm and Sony are at 7.30pm

Don't M$ have more conferences to come? I mean surely they're going to show off Gears2 and Fable and all sorts?

Looks like the motion sensor controller rumours are just that too.

Don't M$ have more conferences to come? I mean surely they're going to show off Gears2 and Fable and all sorts?

Shane Kim Roundtable is later today, not televised though or anything like that.

Monday, July 14

10:30 am - Microsoft press conference
12:30 pm - Square Enix press conference
1:00 pm - Shane Kim roundtable
3:00 pm - EA press conference
8:30 pm - Gears of War 2 reception

Tuesday, July 15

9:00 am - Show floor opens
9:00 am - Nintendo press conference
11:30 am - Sony press conference
2:30 pm - Ubisoft press conference
4:30 pm - Capcom press conference
7:00 pm - Activision Non-E3 Event

Wednesday, July 16

9:15 am - E3 Keynote by Gov. Perry
10:00 am - Sony roundtable
10:45 am - Take-Two press conference
1:00 pm - State of the Industry keynote
2:30 pm - Konami press conference

EA will spend most their sports time on Madden because its out on August 2nd. Konami will probably spend their time trying to convince people that their music game is worthwhile.

I'm looking forward to Ubisoft's stuff, especially Endwar. They're getting better and better every year.

Liveblogging Square Enix Press Conference

Click

Rock Band disc content can be ported to RB2 for $5

Click

Good deal or not?

Final Fantasy exclusivity clarified at Square Enix conference

Click

Its only on the 360 in English speaking countries and it probably wont be out for a long time anywhere.

Last edited:
Depends how it works.

Technically they're ripping us off. We've already paid for the Rock Band 1 songs, so why can't we import them for free like we can with the DLC?

Someone else has also commented that they're wondering if they can borrow RB1, pay the $5 and get Rock Band 1 for cheap.

They forgot to mention the $5 fee at the MS press conference.

Square-Enix stabbed Sony in the back just like they did to Nintendo in 1996. Nothing new here. Happens everyday in the industry. This just means more people get to enjoy the game. But it's shame that Sony lost its exclusivity. Even though I own all 3 consoles I only really play on the PS3. :)

Ah show floor opens tommorow wondered when thought conference was poor for me really only GOW 2 i want. :))

They needed more big killer titles few more action or racing titles.

Back
Top Bottom