E3 2008

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
b.gif
E3summitlogo_tm_small.jpg

b.gif

All E3 related news goes in here, you can watch all 3 press conferences for free at Gamespot or IGN.

Gamespot hub
IGN hub
1UP hub
Eurogamer hub (kind of)
Gametrailers.com hub

Microsoft's press conference is tonight at 6.30pm, Nintendo and Sony are tomorow at 5pm and 7.30pm UK time.

Microsoft have just made a couple of 360-related announcements ahead of their E3 keynote on Monday morning. The first is that, as expected, the 20GB Xbox 360 will now be $50 cheaper, with a new retail price of $299 (note: no cuts for the Arcade or Elite). The second is that, also as expected, the 20GB unit is being replaced by a 60GB console, which will go on sale in the US in early August. This new 360 will retail for $349, the same price the 20GB model was before the cut.

Final Fantasy XIII Coming To Xbox 360

Last edited:
I always find it funny that MS and others announce price-cuts etc before E3. Isn't the point of E3 to announce this information? Surely it'd be more interesting if they announced it during their press conferences instead of randomly saying stuff beforehand.

I agree it would have more impact during the press conference.

MotorStorm Pacific Rift preview.

They moved it back to the convention center.

Was going to do thread so saved me bother wondered when one was coming.

Hopefully MS conference is good one want some surprises. :))

I hope EA announce SSX 5 for a Q4 release.

Nintendo unveils MotionPlus accessory

ss_preview_motionplus.jpg.jpg

Article

E3 2008: Far Cry 2 Hands-On

Click

Portal: Still Alive Dated 2008 For Xbox LIVE Arcade

Click

Last edited:
Fallout 3 DLC exclusive to 360 and PC, how much did that cost? :DD

I'd appreciate it if someone can get the HD videos for Placebo to mirror :))

I'm not on Insider :-ll

Not really excited about any of the games MS are showing.. Fallout 3, Fable 2 and GoW2.. meh

Fallout 3 reminded me of Stalker, Half Life, Bioshock mixed into one looked nice but ended there for me.

GOW 2 impressed me most so far looks sweet enjoyed first looks bigger and better. :))

ZZZ talking about stats now

I'm interested in Fallout 3 - the story has a slight LOST ring to it with the numbered bunkers. And also because my name will crop up loads during gameplay lol

Gears - wasn't keen on the online - and the SP campaign really pissed me off with the non ending. Some people love those but i hate loose ends that stink of 'we want to make a sequel and make more money'

Fable 2... they seem far too fixated on that bloody dog and one button fighting. The first was great but im not really interested in doing it all again. Kinda like how since FF7 I cant bring myself to play more FF games as they're too samey.

Just watching the Microsoft E3 conference on gamespot.com

Looks like Xbox 360's new interface is going to look like this...

31307785ud1.jpg

...and the new gimmick is avatars.

Hang on a sec didn't the Wii already do this with the 'Miis'?? Can smell a suit here.

Thats an XMB with Miis.

It looks a bit childish. If you said this was the Wii new interface I'd have believed it.

It's like a combination of Mii's and HOME's avatar character you create.

Much prefer the blade menus - they should offer the option to have this or the blades - plus what happens to the blade menus people have paid for?

They must be offering a choice.

This event has been going on for what 45 mins and not a single 1st party game so far...

Haha I noticed that too.

PES 2009 got a mention though as an exciting new game for the 360. Hope they're right.

Nice to see ISS get a mention, and he called it Pro Evo :DD

Back
Top Bottom