E3 2008

lolnintendoe3.gif

:applaud::LOL:

Merc 2 was superb showed airstrikes all sorts good demo worth watching replay when up or rewind ign player to it. :))

I missed that too, should be on demand tomorrow though.

First pics of NBA 2K9

2k910.jpg

t24.jpg

I see some nice improvements there but it looks too much like 2K8 but sharper.

Last edited:
you can check them out tomorrow in the archives - they have veverything from yesterday there now

Ufc IGN demo was short covered abit would like to see more blood effects myself seems dodgy also when fight get bloody should see it on fighter body.

Matt Hughes, Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell few other fighters confirmed.

On Gamespot at 12 aswell hopefully some talk of career mode. :))

The more i see of it more i don't like it

Punches connect to easily and frequently and escaping from mount, back control ect just looks effortless when really it should be a struggle

I dont think anyone could pull a game like this off though, there are far to many variables in a MMA fight for a game to replicate

Thing is though it really something that will be hard to implement properly as there so many variables and its so technical down on floor.

I dont think they done bad job so far but agree about punches but then there was blatant no blocking at times though just left to punch him didnt lift guard up.

A long way until release though so who knows what will happen.

Last edited:
Watching the M$ conference now.

Fallout 3 seemed a daft choice to hype as its multiplatform.

I like the look of the game - it's got a lot of bioshocks elements to it with the upgrading and 'perks' - i dont mind the pause time parts myself - and its optional!

Resi 5 next - again multiplatform!?

I can see that they want the world to know resi 5 and fallout 3 are on the 360 but only people under rocks will not know they're coming for PS3 as well.

Fable 2 - Seems a bit like the sims with the stats above peoples heads. But it's lionhead games and they're useless shits. Nearly every game they make starts amazing has huge potential and then falls flat on its face.

Gears 2 looks ok. - the flame/explosion effects looks very cool - but other than that... it looks a little sluggish to move... like you cant strafe easily or run in a diagonal direction - you have to stop, turn then run forwards. The first games online did my head in though so id probably have avoided this come november.

That advert for scene it just made me sick - i hate scripted crap like that.

You're in the movies looked crap up until the movie at the end - that was very cool. I liked how the game knew what was background and what was you - i hated that the eye toy camera would randomly detect a doorframe behind you as something moving and would start to mess your game up. But then once you've done a film i wouldn't really want to go back and do it again - kinda reminds me of Stuntman in that way.

Guitar hero got a piss poor cheer at the start didn't it lol

Lips look ok - but its basically singstar 2.0

The guy presenting for Square Enix sounded like Trever Mcdonald with a tongue piercing. (Around the 1:30:00 mark) It's cool that they're putting FF on the 360...but kinda hypocritical that they're doing it to maximize sales while they're keeping their other games exclusive to 360?

I don't see how a couple of sites are saying microsoft had the best conference when most of it was multipatform games? I think sony had a way better show with loads of exclusive titles shown.

Mirrors Edge looks a little weird - it's almost like everything done for you but at the same time your controlling the game. I'm not sure about it at the moment.

I like the look of Endwar - voice command worked out well and the graphics and gameplay looked nice.

DC online sounds very nice (live now) how you'll see the famous characters fighting around the cities saving the world while you're a nobody hero - and then as you improve guys like superman and batman will spot you and you can fight along side them. Still if its a pay per play then ill pass.

-

The rest of E3 tonight bar Red Alert 3 tonight seems to dip in quality - tomorrow as well looks crappy... possibly interested in the WWE game but im more interested the the legends wwe game they're making.

Last edited:
Resistance Retribution on E3 now

20 levels and possible PS3 link up for some secret reason they don't want to talk about yet

Last edited:
I missed that too, should be on demand tomorrow though.

First pics of NBA 2K9

2k910.jpg

t24.jpg

I see some nice improvements there but it looks too much like 2K8 but sharper.

well 2K8 looked pretty damn good. not sure how they couldve made it better.

Back
Top Bottom