Does anyone play SWOS here ?

Dude, do you even get what I'm asaying ? You clearly are not understanding me here.

The game is 18 years old and to this day it holds MORE people with bigger community than PES and FIFA combined. It constantly has new mods and patches to be "up to date" if you will. So 18 yrs has gone by and the game has not been forgotten. Apparently A LOT of people haven't moved on, if they did the community wouldn't exist. And we're not talking about a "community" were talking about a solid POWERHOUSE. Check out SWOS WORLD COMPS and see how many players sign up EVEN TODAY. How many comps do you have for PES/FIFA ? and how many hosts ? Entire Eastern Europe is hosting these events. There will be one this December. You cannot deny the success that SWOS has gotten over the years, a success that only PES/FIFA can dream of.

You clearly know shit about FIFA and PES events then. There is heck loads of competitions on those 2 games. PES ones are regularly hosted in Japan. FIFA is the game which is played on one of the biggest Gaming Events in the World. World Cyber Games.

That alone makes it stand out. You would be laughed at if you mentioned SWOS there. Not to mention... Counter Strike 1.6 is played there too (with the best clans in the World) ;).

SWOS is still played by a lot of people? Not really. I know only you, but you did mention Counter-Strike, now that is, completely different story. I play it and I know at least 500 people around me who do it too. On regular basis. :D

That is truly amazing stuff.

@poster above, New Star Soccer is bloody amazing!! And you can even get it on Android/iPhone for free :D. It's also available on PC with much more stuff in it :D.

SWOS might have a bigger community that organizes own tournaments and cups etc. but even this is hard to tell - because nobody can count all players, but i think fifa und pes will be played by a lot of more players all around the world. just have a look at sales figures of pes and fifa - about 7 - 8 million copies in total for 2012 editions. i hardly believe that still 8 million people are playing swos...

SWOS was possibly the best football game I've ever played and certainly the most hours I've ever put into any game (may be with the exception of the early Champ Managers). I remember me and my best mate, me as Liverpool and him as Norwich, playing this for hours on a Saturday. We'd have SWOS on the Amiga, teletext on to get the latest scores, five live radio on to get live match commentary. And we'd play season after season after season.

Aftertouch - awesome. Weather conditions - awesome. Build up play - awesome. Game balance - awesome.

I simply fell in love with those fkin pixels of ginger, black and yellow head.

Some of the football you could play was just magical. And I believe if memory serves me right you could view ANY league and their league tables, could you even watch some games CPU v CPU within a league structure?!? You could certainly swap clubs and if you were good enough you could go as international manager. I remember moving from Liverpool to Milan after a winning a clean sweep, and then went on to manage England.

Those were great times. It's sad, but those days were the happiest days of my life.

HAHA, it's really sad to see some people crying and not accepting the fact that their BELOVED PES and FIFA are miles away from SWOS and will never come close as to achieving what SWOS DID. You can accept it or not, just move on. Like I said, some of you shouldn't read this thread never mind replying if you don't like what you see. I love PES and I don't hate FIFA but some of you CLEARLY get sensitive when there's a game out there that wipes the floor with PES/FIFA. Go ahead and enjoy your 3D graphics, your shiny boots and your limited gameplay. I started this thread to see if someone in here still plays SWOS but it's impossible when you have pure HATERS that just want to ruin the thread.

@Jamezino, I will write how I want and if I need to capitalize something I'll do so. If it bothers you, don't reply or participate in my threads. End of story.

@Jamezino, I will write how I want and if I need to capitalize something I'll do so. If it bothers you, don't reply or participate in my threads. End of story.

Ok, but don't expect anyone to have a serious conversation with you if you keep shouting all the time. Mind you, that's the least of your worries after reading the nonsense in this thread.

.... and your limited gameplay. ...

This is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with hate or something stupid like this. I can understand your love for the game - I enjoyed it also back in the days. It was great fun playing that game.

But come on, even if you don't want to move on, what is quite ok and no problem, but you are talking about limited gameplay in PES or FIFA? Are you serious ??? You are talking about a game with only one button to use and you talk about no limits and total freedom in SWOS? Sorry, but this is the biggest nonsense at all. We could easily start to sum up just several possibilities about gamplay and possibilities in PES or FIFA which are impossible in SWOS - so which game is limited by itself and its gameplay?

It seems more than you are the one who is going nuts and getting angry because other people don't share your opinion.
By the way: The Facts you are talking about are just some personal opinions and this won't make them be facts at all.

Have fun playing on enjoying SWOS and the good old times. It's ok for you and for us ;)

Last edited:
Yeah thats the link you get the game from. Its a total pack with a lot of mods. Supports joystick. I game with my PS3 controller. :BOP:

And for guys who say SWOS is outdated and ISS/PES/FIFA is better, well then good for you I guess :) We all have opinions. But for me and many others SWOS owns PES/WE because of simple and addictive gameplay. It's 10x harder to master SWOS then PES/FIFA.

I mean if SWOS wasnt the best footie game ever made, it wouldn't have more patches and more mods than any PES or FIFA.

Year after year you pay $60 or whatever for the same game pretty much with little improvements... Go fill Konamis pockets and then complain how bad the game is.

BOTTOM LINE, find me a football game that after 18 years STILL runs stronger than ever... with a large community, constantly updated, world wide tournaments.. You can't. So it's pointless to debate. :PIRATE:

Don't suppose you could tell me how to get the PS3 controller working on the PC could you please?

Jamenzinho, bud, feel free to add me to ignore list and quit replying on my threads from now on. Problem Solved. You simply cannot resist to reply can't you.

Back
Top Bottom