Does anyone play SWOS here ?

Ok, debating with you is an impossible task as you clearly didn't understand my response.

I move on... but please don't call me son. I'm probably as old as you.

I did understand what you meant. And my response to you was: some people choose to move on and be happy campers with their shiny new boots, cool animations and whatnot and some people stick around and care about gameplay and fun.

And Im not sure what part of the world you live at but calling someone "son" is like calling you "mate", bro or whatnot. I'm 28 btw.

And Im not sure what part of the world you live at but calling someone "son" is like calling you "mate", bro or whatnot. I'm 28 btw.
Bloody hell, you're an old 28 year old looking at your profile picture there. Must have had a tough life.

...;)

The thing that got me with Cannon Fodder was how incredibly attached I would become to my squad members. They all had names and when they died it was genuinely sad, especially if you had made it through many levels with the same crew. You had the hill in the background of the main menu with all the grave headstones of your fallen soldiers.

That was a great touch, which countered all the claims at the time that the game glamourised war. Far from it.

If Jules or Jopps died, restart mission :LOL:

Glad to see all you think like me :). SWOS will never ever DIE, and that is a fact. I'm glad to see PES improving and I hope KONAMI reach even higher level on next gen consoles than they did with on PS2. But SWOS is KING of all KINGS!

No, it's still an opinion.

It might've been a good game back then, but that's it for me. I can't be bothered playing it when I have PES and Fifa. And it's not about the shiny, I'm all for gameplay. Gaming has moved on and evolved on so many levels. I can understand nostalgia, as I keep going back for some old time fun with Mario and Captain Tsubasa, but that's all they are.

I went back to swos when it was released on xbox live and given the HD treatment. Yep its good solid fun but I realise nowadays its a far cry from what we have now.

it's nice to see that people still play this game and there is a huge community. i liked it very much playing it on pc back in the days when i was 15, 16.
it had a huge number of leagues and teams, that was really great. for me swos was some kind of a milestone, but since i played fifa international soccer on mega drive the magic was blown away...

in the meantime a lot of good soccer games were released. i will keep swos in mind, but it is even not in my top ten of best soccer games. therefore it is quite to simple in mechanics and gameplay.
but that was great back in the days - quite simple, but not so easy to handle.

for me not even a single soccer game will have a place in my top ten of best video games of all times. ;)
i can make a list of top ten soccer games i played so far - but i think even in this list swos won't be in.
it's just a good game to remember, but not to play anymore (at least for me).

No, it's still an opinion.

It might've been a good game back then, but that's it for me. I can't be bothered playing it when I have PES and Fifa. And it's not about the shiny, I'm all for gameplay. Gaming has moved on and evolved on so many levels. I can understand nostalgia, as I keep going back for some old time fun with Mario and Captain Tsubasa, but that's all they are.

Well, I don't know man. I'd rather follow hundreds of thousands of players who build a bigger community than PES/WE/FIFA put together. Many have left to play newer games which is fine, but many has also stayed put and play the best football game ever, SWOS in that opinion. I will still play PES and PES13 looks decent but if you don't wanna play it then thats your opinion and I fully respect that.

What's best in SWOS? Speed is uber gay. Waaaay to fast.

Not realistic.

There is no player inviduality, teams play the same way.

It was good game when it was released. When ISS and FIFA came out, all people jumped ships fast to much more polished, better animated and FULL 3D games.

You can't replace it. Physics in FIFA and PES are MILES ahead of what SWOS could ever dream of. Those are facts, not opinions.

;)

You may love the game. I don't. No point making 100 replies where you state SWOS is best ever. While for you it may be, for a lot of people it isn't even in top 10 list...

And what has the size of community has to do with anything?!

Champman0102 forums have got a lot of members. Does this mean a lot of people still play Championship Manager 01-02? No. Most play Football Manager now... Those forums are kept for nostalgia fans, banter and good lads who have one thing in common, love for the game, they once loved and played religiously.

End of post :P.

What's best in SWOS? Speed is uber gay. Waaaay to fast.

Not realistic.

There is no player inviduality, teams play the same way.

It was good game when it was released. When ISS and FIFA came out, all people jumped ships fast to much more polished, better animated and FULL 3D games.

You can't replace it. Physics in FIFA and PES are MILES ahead of what SWOS could ever dream of. Those are facts, not opinions.

;)

You may love the game. I don't. No point making 100 replies where you state SWOS is best ever. While for you it may be, for a lot of people it isn't even in top 10 list...

And what has the size of community has to do with anything?!

Champman0102 forums have got a lot of members. Does this mean a lot of people still play Championship Manager 01-02? No. Most play Football Manager now... Those forums are kept for nostalgia fans, banter and good lads who have one thing in common, love for the game, they once loved and played religiously.

End of post :P.

Most of your opinions are valid, and you ask what has SWOS got over other games.
1 very simple thing it is incredibly fun to play and difficult to master.

SWOS was never ever designed to be realistic it was designed to be fun and it most certainly was.

Sure it was. I played it for long time too.

Back in the days most games were made to bring lots of FUN. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Virtua Cop :D and hell a lot more.

Unreal, but damn fun. ;)

Shame times changed and now people seek hyper realistic graphics and realism over fun gameplay and great plot in games (Baldurs Gate, Fallout 2 FTW!).

but like great Dino Dino once said PES/WE never gave you a total control and freedom like SWOS gave you.
It was Dino Dini, and are we really going to call it total control and freedom to have a single movement speed in eight compass directions?

and even after 18 years NO FOOTBALL game has been able to have every club and national team, every league, manager mode, player-manager mode ..etc... SWOS got all this 18 yrs ago.
It would be almost impossible. Firstly, you wouldn't legally be allowed to nowadays, not without an infinite amount of money to buy all the licenses. Secondly, there's now so much more data specific to each team and each player that it starts to become too much of a task to produce/maintain that amount of total information.

SWOS is the "GODFATHER" of football games and will never be duplicated.

This came from Seabass the DON of pes/we.
And the Model T Ford is the godfather of the affordable automobile and will never be duplicated.

Because nobody would want to.

I loved Sensi when it first came out, and it is one of the most significant titles of its genre. Personally I would have no interest in playing it now.

And here's another thing to consider... SWOS is a gaming dead-end. Its beauty was tied so much to its simplicity, that I don't see how you could take that and evolve it without simply breaking the spell. There's nowhere to go.

That said, with regards to today's football titles, I think we would all appreciate if they would just slightly ease off this rabid drive toward physical/visual replication, and focus a little more lovingly on solid gameplay fundamentals sometimes. But we also hold them to an entirely different set of standards these days.

Last edited:
Check out this thread:
http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=4199.0

thats all you need to know. Look on page 42 how to solve an issue with false malware that anti virus detects. You simply run the game from the launcher folder found in for example c:\program files x86\PC-SWOS-TOTAL-PACK once your in the total pack folder look for another folder that says Launcher and run the game from there. You can also copy/paste the launcher.exe from there to your desktop.

This game HAS IT ALL FOLKS. Any league any national team any club team with 100% correct names transfers and chants.

Find me all this for PES or FIFA ?

This sounds brilliant! I used to love SWOS

Am I best off getting it from this link do you know?

Download (NEW USERS ONLY)
http://www.mediafire.com/?31nn6ee2b32bl8y

Cheers

This sounds brilliant! I used to love SWOS

Am I best off getting it from this link do you know?

Download (NEW USERS ONLY)
http://www.mediafire.com/?31nn6ee2b32bl8y

Cheers

Yeah thats the link you get the game from. Its a total pack with a lot of mods. Supports joystick. I game with my PS3 controller. :BOP:

And for guys who say SWOS is outdated and ISS/PES/FIFA is better, well then good for you I guess :) We all have opinions. But for me and many others SWOS owns PES/WE because of simple and addictive gameplay. It's 10x harder to master SWOS then PES/FIFA.

I mean if SWOS wasnt the best footie game ever made, it wouldn't have more patches and more mods than any PES or FIFA.

Year after year you pay $60 or whatever for the same game pretty much with little improvements... Go fill Konamis pockets and then complain how bad the game is.

BOTTOM LINE, find me a football game that after 18 years STILL runs stronger than ever... with a large community, constantly updated, world wide tournaments.. You can't. So it's pointless to debate. :PIRATE:

I shouldn't bite but here goes....

It's 10x harder to master SWOS then PES/FIFA.

Not really. SWOS is a one button game. Simplicity was its strong point, and while there was a big element of 'easy to learn, hard to master' about it, SWOS falls away when you consider how much further PES has taken this concept.

I mean if SWOS wasnt the best footie game ever made, it wouldn't have more patches and more mods than any PES or FIFA.

SWOS is an eighteen year old game. Do I need to explain the relevance of this?

I shouldn't bite but here goes....

Not really. SWOS is a one button game. Simplicity was its strong point, and while there was a big element of 'easy to learn, hard to master' about it, SWOS falls away when you consider how much further PES has taken this concept.

SWOS is an eighteen year old game. Do I need to explain the relevance of this?

Its an 18 year old game that has more mods and patches available on monthly basis. Find me PES/WE that is 18 yrs old and that will have regular mods come out. You won't. End of story bro.

Its an 18 year old game that has more mods and patches available on monthly basis. Find me PES/WE that is 18 yrs old and that will have regular mods come out. You won't. End of story bro.

If SWOS was a yearly game like PES/FIFA I don't think we'd have mods and patches for the 18 yr old version. If PES or ISS back in the day was the only football game Konami released to this day then I think yes it would still have mods and patches to this day. So that comparison doesn't really work now. :)

Championship Manager 3 + 0102. Football management games. Well over 10 years old now. Still updates are being made for them. If you're lucky I can even show you updates for CM2... (1995, so 17 years old, not that much younger than said SWOS :P).

Like I said, there is nostalgia and people unwilling to move with times... ;)

Thus why you see so many mods, because you won't convince me to play SWOS in this age and era <lol>.

Plus what Lami said. SWOS wasn't released on yearly basis. ;)

Last edited:
We are all entitled to them but in the words of the great Dirty Harry - "Opinions are like a**holes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks"

Some of us are, sorry, have bigger a** holes than others. :OOOH:

If SWOS was a yearly game like PES/FIFA I don't think we'd have mods and patches for the 18 yr old version. If PES or ISS back in the day was the only football game Konami released to this day then I think yes it would still have mods and patches to this day. So that comparison doesn't really work now. :)

Dude, do you even get what I'm asaying ? You clearly are not understanding me here.

The game is 18 years old and to this day it holds MORE people with bigger community than PES and FIFA combined. It constantly has new mods and patches to be "up to date" if you will. So 18 yrs has gone by and the game has not been forgotten. Apparently A LOT of people haven't moved on, if they did the community wouldn't exist. And we're not talking about a "community" were talking about a solid POWERHOUSE. Check out SWOS WORLD COMPS and see how many players sign up EVEN TODAY. How many comps do you have for PES/FIFA ? and how many hosts ? Entire Eastern Europe is hosting these events. There will be one this December. You cannot deny the success that SWOS has gotten over the years, a success that only PES/FIFA can dream of.

it holds MORE people with bigger community than PES and FIFA combined. It constantly has new mods and patches to be "up to date" if you will. So 18 yrs has gone by and the game has not been forgotten. Apparently A LOT of people haven't moved on, if they did the community wouldn't exist. And we're not talking about a "community" were talking about a solid POWERHOUSE. Check out SWOS WORLD COMPS and see how many players sign up EVEN TODAY. How many comps do you have for PES/FIFA ? and how many hosts ? Entire Eastern Europe is hosting these events. There will be one this December. You cannot deny the success that SWOS has gotten over the years, a success that only PES/FIFA can dream of.

You do go on way to much, which most things you say, you really are deluded. more comps for pes and fifa, more mods/patches for fifa and pes. do you know how huge the fifa community is alone? not including pes aswell, personally, your one of the handful of people i know who still play swos so it's obvious not as huge as you mention. SWOS was an excellent game in its day, but as a game, it is restricted in what you can and can't do. it's a game you probably had alot of fond memories therefore why held so highly, like i do with pes 6 but times change. no point being stuck in the past.

Back
Top Bottom