DJ Hero

Big names!? I've never heard of them! I much prefer pop dance anyway, (I know, surprising to you all :PP), so might well get this... Any idea if the Jay Z / Eminem stuff will be released as DLC?

Yeah thats the one. Shite compared to some of their other stuff though. I'm not really into them tbh but they're quite good.

i wanna see the likes of paul van dyk, and the dutch masters on there - ferry, tiesto and armin...

Yeah some good Trance to go in too would be top notch. Proper stuff, not just Basshunter type shite.

No doubt if they did actually contemplate doing a more EU based version they'd come up with using Scooter, Cascada, N-Dubz, et al. :FAIL:

Crookers with Kid Cudi was the track indeedy. Great tune about 2 years ago, pity it was overplayed to death once it got pushed.

I think the main point myself and some of the other guys are making is that the club house/trance/electro stuff is just much more suited and better for mixing, scratching, dropping etc... As PB said in his post, he's not really into some of the stuff at all, but found himself humming or really getting into some tracks. Well that would happen to a whole lot more people if they were allowed to actually experience some more proper tunes and also a bit more in depth control methods (but thats another topic, probably for DJ Hero 2's controller :P ). It also makes the 90 or whatever songs in the game far more interopable as you could do your own freestyle mixes and what not.

Who wouldn't want stuff like this in there...

YouTube - Armand Van Helden- I Want Your Soul ( Fake Blood Remix)

:COOL:

Yeah that'd be cool, or if they wanted to keep a mainstream element there's plenty of decent 'underground' remixes of more well known tracks like the Justice & Soulwax remixes of a couple of MGMT songs for example.

Yeah exactly. Funny you should say that as I was just listening to some Justice remixes earlier and thinking it would be better than the Gorrillaz and 50 Cent mashup or whatever.

Maybe we should get programming Jumbo. ;)

Think there are some Justice tracks in the game - did they do 'Genesis'?

Either way, I got the DLC yesterday as I forgot that pre-ordering through Game, I got them free! :dance:

Can see why they are 480 points as they are both much longer remixes, like the old fashioned 12" - so thats pretty cool and something different to what is in the game.

Some of the Daft Punk stuff in the game is quality!

(oh and also, this is £90 at Game, if you go through Quidco, its £6 cash back and you'll also get a lot of points back on the Game card. Alternatively, they are doing a selected trade in for £25 - about 5 games, one of which is NFS:SHift - which I thought was a good trade in price for that against DJH?)

Those videos have made the game look worse than I expected it actually :(

Opposite for me Dags, those videos make me wanna go out and buy the game right now!!!

I'm seriously considering it... I guess I need some sort of waist high table/stand to put it on in front of my TV?

I was thinking about this last night - I remember the first Harmonix games, i.e. FreQuency and Amplitude.

The artists/tracks in those games would have been BRILLIANT for a DJ game, not the shite that's in this game.

I can't stand Guitar Hero or anything that's associated with them, Harmonix were the original and the best and Guitar Hero has never come close to it as far as I'm concerned. Harmonix know what they're doing, so if they ever come out with a DJ game then I will be officially interested. Until then I'm not.

Just bought the Renegade Edition :BLUSH:. I'm such a sucker!

Renegade is such a good song by the way. I considered buying this, but it'll be about $150 out of my pocket. I'll just stick with some GTA and Forza until MW 2 comes out.

Honestly Tim, I don't blame you for being tempted to buy it. Whenever I scroll down the online store, and I see that box, I just want to click order!

Yeah, we rock :COOL:.

Seriously though, the tracklist for this is awesome! Can't believe some of you not liking it, I guess you must be really into hardcore dance/trance stuff. For me though, I love it and it's awesome. There's a lot to it and the controls feel authentic. Build quality is good, the mixer and deck are lightweight, but very sturdy and solid. We'll see how they are after a couple of months worth of play though! The carry case and stand are really good, I thought it would be quite flimsy, however if you get the legs setup correctly then it is sturdy and won't move anywhere.

Overall I'm very happy with it :)).

I'm stuck with a bit of a problem choosing which format to get it on now. I'd prefer to get it on PS3 cuz online is free and my mates will probably be getting it on there as well. But I've already got Guitar Hero 2 on the X360 so I don't wanna miss out on the guitar vs DJ tracks.

So many levels/tiers too - been playing it for hours and done loads and still have about 9 tiers left. Really wanna get through them, then go back through the game on Hard as that is where the real fun is!

Good to see my friends leaderboard starting to fill up though :)

I need to get this but just wondering if it will get a price drop!

It went in at 20 in the UK chart for the first week. Not sure if that is below what they were expecting.

Would be cool if some D&B tracks were released on DLC.

Ooh how do you see the leaderboards pbb? I am playing through it on medium and then will do it on hard :)).

Ooh how do you see the leaderboards pbb? I am playing through it on medium and then will do it on hard :)).

Under options (think its the < select key).

The whole menu thing is a bit clunky anyways, took me ages to find XBL games!

Possibly getting the Renegade edition for £50 off someone on eBay :) Been wanting to play this for ages now, can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom