Dexter - Season 3

Let down? I thought the finale was absolutely superb, some highlights for me:

• The joy and fucktacity when Deb learned she was getting her shield.
  • The anger and fucktacity then regret when Deb thought she wasn't getting her shield and threw the hooker chasing into Angel's face.
  • Angel confessing his hooker chasing to LaGuerta, thought that was a very funny scene.
  • The scene with LaGuerta when Deb gets her shield anyway, really sweet and well acted.
  • The prison scene between Dex and Ramon, started with them wanting to kill each other, then moves onto empathy, compassion and forgiveness, found that whole scene very moving and superbly acted.
  • Dex tied to the table, reconciling his possibly first feeling of feelings with his dead dad, then getting free, snapping the skinner's neck and just managing to escape.
  • Marrying Darla ;) The wonderfully simple vow that seemed to me at least to show that Dex finally understood love, even if he doesn't feel it as such.
  • The blood dripping out of his cast as they dance, simply a powerful metaphor for Dex's life and work and "hobby"?

I give the finale 9/10 and the season as a whole 8/10.

It was a pretty good episode, there's no doubt about that. But well, I just felt it was too calm, lacked a shaky or shocking moment. Perhaps because I was expecting something bad or at least unpredicted to happen (like tuta mentioned) I felt it was a bit too linear. Besides the whole scene with the skinner was a bit weird, it looked like they only included it because they had to somehow close that chapter.

I thought the blood dripping on Rita's dress was a really nice touch, very clever.

Loved the finale. I had my doubts about the direction of season 3 after the pilot, but it just kept getting better..... very well made episode imo. Like Placebo said, it had its warm moments and its tense moments. Season 4 has also been confirmed.

I'd heard that too but the second book and second season do still share certain parts of the plot albeit with big differences in places too.

I've read the first one now since the previous post, really enjoyed it, some very big differences........

In the first book Dexter's brother kills LaGuerta and Deborah pretty much knows that Dex has a "dark passenger", also Deb is supposed to be bombshell pretty with big hands......

Read the first two now, both enjoyable, Dexter in the books is a little less likeable than in the TV show (bit more narcissistic and obnoxious in the books), have the third book as well now if anyone wants it.........

just saw the final episode. what a brillient one it was. definetly the best show i have watched this season so far. roll on the 4th season and hope its the last as i want this show to finish on a high not be milked and destroyed like heroes and PB which both started well when it first came out

well as long as they dont drag it too much to the extent that they destroy the franchise then im perfectly fine for it to go on and on

Back
Top Bottom