Controllers?

gamesport said:
Htis controller will be handy for those not used to the xbox controller because of the extra black and white buttons on the shoulder

pelpl2023.jpg

Interesting.. so it has black and white buttons on the face as well as on the front as the picture suggests.

That wouldn't be too bad.. cos then you could remap the controls in-game so that the top white/black => L1/R1 ..and the L/R Trigger => L2/R2 .... hence have a setup like a ps2 controller.

As for the analog stick on the xbox control, I'm starting to find it quite comforable after 10 odd months of playing other games with it.

I did buy a X JoyBox ps2 controller converter though.. and while I don't see too many probs with it so far, except the headset don't really work with it.. any other opinions on it from others who have it?

d1matman said:
I did buy a X JoyBox ps2 controller converter though.. and while I don't see too many probs with it so far, except the headset don't really work with it.. any other opinions on it from others who have it?
It's a piece of crap, throw it away. There's a noticible lag on the buttons and it keeps on thinking it's detached and you have to unplug ang plug it in again. And like you said the headset doesn't work. I stopped using mine after a day and got myself a dreambox and it works fine.

That does look like a nice option if you want to use an XBOX pad. But, you'd have to buy it and for the same price you could get a dreambox and just use a PS2 pad. It will never be the same as a good 'ol Dual Shock.

More confirmation for anyone who needs it:

The Dreambox converters work fine on and off LIVE. Got XBOX Live today and I'm cuurently loving it. Just need some games. Oh PES, where are you.

Anyone want to be my friend? The XBOX keeps rubbing it in with its "You have no friends" messages. Ha Ha Ha.

Aljeron said:
It's a piece of crap, throw it away. There's a noticible lag on the buttons and it keeps on thinking it's detached and you have to unplug ang plug it in again. And like you said the headset doesn't work. I stopped using mine after a day and got myself a dreambox and it works fine.

I can probably go searching for it but anyone have a good link for buying a dreambox?

Cheers.

KOP_007 said:
More confirmation for anyone who needs it:

The Dreambox converters work fine on and off LIVE. Got XBOX Live today and I'm cuurently loving it. Just need some games. Oh PES, where are you.

Anyone want to be my friend? The XBOX keeps rubbing it in with its "You have no friends" messages. Ha Ha Ha.

whats ur GamerTag dude! :D

'

I've read lots of opinions about the different converters, but they all say different things.
All i want is a converter to use my PS2 pad on my xbox, i'm not bothered about using LIVE or the mic at the moment, so will this one .....

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=491

..... be ok or does it have lag?

If it does have lag when pressing buttons can anyone else recommend one that doesnt when you're not playing on Xbox Live

Thx

Sudden strike12 said:
I've read lots of opinions about the different converters, but they all say different things.
All i want is a converter to use my PS2 pad on my xbox, i'm not bothered about using LIVE or the mic at the moment, so will this one .....

If it does have lag when pressing buttons can anyone else recommend one that doesnt when you're not playing on Xbox Live

Thx

I haven't tried that one, but from what I've read it's a load of blag. Stay away. Get the 'Dreambox'.

Sudden strike12 said:

Thx

I have that one! and IT SUCKS! huuge lag! Major LAG! and sometimes dont work! so u have to unpllug and plug in!!

stay the "#"!#! away from it! ita a huge pieace of "#"!!!

go buy Dreambox!!

So Solid Jedi said:
It's all about the wonderful "Dreambox". Great Converter's, Highly Recommended!*

I completely agree, mine arrived a few days ago, 100% improvement in my game since.

They completely and utterly rock!

I was surprised how well FIFA played with the Xbox controller.

I am going to give it a go with PES 4.

pelpl2023.jpg

I do not have a PS2 and therefore I'm also not used to the DualShock, so I might just as well take such an Xbox Controller instead of a converter... I really like the small Xbox Controller by Microsoft, but the black and white button should really be there as triggers.

Anyone tried this pad yet? Is it any good in quality? Same shape as standard Xbox controller?

Thanks!

I have ordered two of these pads, when they´ll arrive I´ll put here some words.

There is a review in IGN saying that they are good controllers, near to XBOX controllers

Its not that bad to use once you get used to it , i only really had trouble with the super cancel but i can pull that off easily now :) .

But i can't use the big Joypad , only the small :(

Weird you guys are finding the Dreambox ok.

A similar solution thread was going on over at www.ntsc-uk.com to find a decent pad for 2D fighters but most people have said the Dreambox lags like crazy online in Capcom VS SNK2. Perhaps its game specific or there is minimal lag but its not so much of an issue with PES4 given the timing accuracy you need with a 2D fighter.

So in short, have you guys actually used this Dreambox adaptor with PES4 online? Or just offline...? The reason I ask is because the lag only raises its ugly head online... it basically lags in between button presses.

The MagicBox apparently does not have this problem but the headset does not work with it.

nonny said:
Weird you guys are finding the Dreambox ok.

A similar solution thread was going on over at www.ntsc-uk.com to find a decent pad for 2D fighters but most people have said the Dreambox lags like crazy online in Capcom VS SNK2. Perhaps its game specific or there is minimal lag but its not so much of an issue with PES4 given the timing accuracy you need with a 2D fighter.

So in short, have you guys actually used this Dreambox adaptor with PES4 online? Or just offline...? The reason I ask is because the lag only raises its ugly head online... it basically lags in between button presses.

The MagicBox apparently does not have this problem but the headset does not work with it.

Hmm any more input on this from anyone would be great as I got Live this week and I dont wanna go out and buy a stack of Dreambox for me and a mate of mine if this is gonna be the case ............. but I am well aware that no one can actually test PES4 online yet :( But you guys on here are playing Burnout 3 and others on Live with no Lag, Yes ?

Erm I would suggest that all the guys with the Dreambox and Live! test out as many games as Possible on Live and let us all know if there is any shred of truth to the findings detailed above ?

Thank Fellas ... Keep us Informed ;-)

Thing is sometimes it comes down to the game, some games just don't like certain converters while others have no problems. I'm definitely going to wait and try the XBox pad with it, I've been told by a few folk who have the beta that after a little while playing with it the XBox pad is fine, and also by that time folk will have tried the Dreambox converter using the retail version on Live and can give more info.

Back
Top Bottom