Controllers?

i bought i steering wheel for all consoles now im using its xbox to ps2 port, which is smooth and kewl :D

I just recieved 4 of the Converter's today, they are fantastic, very responsive as sonicspinner said, The voice works as well! I think these will be in big demand now, so order them quick!

So Solid Jedi said:
I just recieved 4 of the Converter's today, they are fantastic, very responsive as sonicspinner said, The voice works as well! I think these will be in big demand now, so order them quick!

indeed! im glad i have mine allready! hehe! when the org. game is out! its going to be a huge demand on those converters + extension cable.

Cheers Mate!

ill c ya when Pes 4 is alive!!! :D

SonicSpinner
GamerTag: SonicSpinner
Live game: Burnout 3

rIKmAN said:
Just got me 2 converters, now any ideas where to get these extension cables from in the UK?
dumbass.jpg

er....?

Anyway, just been playin with me PS2 pad and its great.
I thought there was a delay with the sprint buttons but realised you have to change round black/white and R/L and then everythin is hunky dory!

Live headset also worked (recorded voice mail) although I have to say that the connection you plug the Live headset into is extremely unstable.
Its already fell out a few times, I think it is gonna be best to blu-tak or tape it into the socket, then simply unplug the 2.5mm cable when it isn`t bein used.

I got mine from darkplanet, ordered at 4:15 on friday, they were here saturday at 9:30am - how is that for service :D

Same situation....I'm still unsure what extension cable I need. I need one without quick release? What's that mean, I have to plug the extension direcly into the controller port in the XBOX and then the dreambox into that? Any suggestions where I can get it?

I ordered them from Dark Planet as well! I alos managed to pick up the extension cables today from Game! Now all i have to do is wait for PES 4 to be released Officially!

Right, just ordered 2 Official Dual Shock 2 PS2 pads off ebay, 2 converters from DarkPlanets and am currently making arrangements for my XBOX to be picked up and get my chip changed and a switch fitted for LIVE.

Going to GAME tomorrow for an extension lead. Hope they have them in.

Now I just need the LIVE kit and the Game!

Thankyou old shitty PS2 for funding all this by the way. Your place as the Winning Eleven/PES machine is now gone.

It seems to be £6.99 at Game, and off the internet probably around £3 - 4 for a not quick release extension cable.

KOP_007 said:
Right, just ordered 2 Official Dual Shock 2 PS2 pads off ebay, 2 converters from DarkPlanets and am currently making arrangements for my XBOX to be picked up and get my chip changed and a switch fitted for LIVE.

Going to GAME tomorrow for an extension lead. Hope they have them in.

Now I just need the LIVE kit and the Game!

Thankyou old shitty PS2 for funding all this by the way. Your place as the Winning Eleven/PES machine is now gone.

dude i dont think its gonna work live with a mod chip Switch!

i remmeber my mate had a chip in his xbox, where he could switch off.

as soon he got online with his modded xbox, he got banned!

be carefull!

so far i havent heard oof anyone playing live with mod chip in their xbox??

Just switch the chip off and no problem at all.
A friend and I been doing this for a while...

Same here, I have a switch I fitted and I play on Live regularly without problems.

You sure your mate (or one of his mates) didn`t boot the game with the modchip on by mistake, and tried to go online?

sonicspinner said:
dude i dont think its gonna work live with a mod chip Switch!

i remmeber my mate had a chip in his xbox, where he could switch off.

as soon he got online with his modded xbox, he got banned!

be carefull!

so far i havent heard oof anyone playing live with mod chip in their xbox??

Loads of people play with their modchip switched off. At the moment I cant and my chip doesnt support it, that's why I'm getting a new one. I reckon your mate connected by accident with his chip on.

Last edited:
KOP_007 said:
Loads of people play with their modchip switched off. At the moment I cant and my chip doesnt support it, that's why I'm getting a new one. I reckon your mate connected by accident with his chip on.

omg!!! whaat!! now u tell me please which chip exactly u guys use! please!!

and is it with evox or otheer bios installed etc??

cheers!

p.s I suppose you play with original game then right? or can u play live games with a " backup "??

Last edited:
You cant play LIVE with a backup. You need the original game.

I have decided to get my chip upgraded to an Alladin, seemed as good as any.

Yes, you can have EvoX installed. On the chip I'm getting, I'm gonna have 3 bioses. The original for LIVE, the one you can do what you want with (backups, games on hard drive, emulators etc) and the third which cant be changed so you can always get in.

As long as I keep the network cable unplugged when I'm using the other bios, I should have 0% risk of getting banned.

SonicSpinner, there's a site that will do all this for you. PM me.

sonicspinner said:
omg!!! whaat!! now u tell me please which chip exactly u guys use! please!!

and is it with evox or otheer bios installed etc??

cheers!

p.s I suppose you play with original game then right? or can u play live games with a " backup "??

right, here goes

you can you any of the new kind of chips that support switches..alladin, executer etc (the alladin uses a switch by where if you switch the xbox on with the power button the chip is disabled and if you switch it on with the eject button the chip is on...or it could be the other way around), the executer uses a hardware switch that sits on the front of the xbox where you physically switch it off.. If the chip is on there is a green light showing and if the chip is off there will be a red light showing.

you will also need the latest bios on the chip that stops you going on xbox live, my xbox is permanantly connected to my router, so if for example i play a backup of starwars battlefront, then it will automatically try and connect me to xbox live as soon as the game boots up, if i didnt have the latest bios which stops this then my box would be knackered for xbox live because as soon as microsoft sees a modified bios online it bans the machine (well in theory it does anyway, but there are ways to get the box back online:))
i have tried to connect with the latest bios just to see if it works and yes it does thank god, so, if you want to go on xbox live, just disable the chip(with the switch) and when the box boots, it boots the microsoft bios as normal:).

you cannot play a backup of any game via the microsoft xbox live service, you can play a backup via xbconnect or kai if the game supports system link(but most new games dont, and from my experience with xbconnect its mostly filled with halo players)..xbox live is the best way to play games, and for once in my life i dont mind paying full price for the game if it supports online play as its soooooo much fun......

anyway, im sorry if this above answer is a bit jumbled up and confusing, my brain seems to tell me one thing to type and my fingers type other things...god knows how my wife has put up with me for so long,

ps..i was going to buy fifa to play it online, the first impressions were good as i could play as forest, but it stopped there. i just couldnt bring myself to shell out £35 for a game with..hmm how can i put it...ah yes, a game with NO GAMEPLAY!!!..roll on november for pes4...the king of footy games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vcduk2000 said:
(the alladin uses a switch by where if you switch the xbox on with the power button the chip is disabled and if you switch it on with the eject button the chip is on...or it could be the other way around),

It's the other way round. That's exactly what I'm getting, my old Enigmah just dont cut it for LIVE. :-)

Great post by the way, where can I find more about getting your XBOX unbanned - just in case? Is it swapping the hard drives?

vcduk2000 said:
ps..i was going to buy fifa to play it online, the first impressions were good as i could play as forest, but it stopped there. i just couldnt bring myself to shell out £35 for a game with..hmm how can i put it...ah yes, a game with NO GAMEPLAY!!!..roll on november for pes4...the king of footy games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good decision Mate :)

And change you signature to 4th of November :) (that's when the release date is set :))

vcduk2000 said:
right, here goes

you can you any of the new kind of chips that support switches..alladin, executer etc (the alladin uses a switch by where if you switch the xbox on with the power button the chip is disabled and if you switch it on with the eject button the chip is on...or it could be the other way around), the executer uses a hardware switch that sits on the front of the xbox where you physically switch it off.. If the chip is on there is a green light showing and if the chip is off there will be a red light showing.

you will also need the latest bios on the chip that stops you going on xbox live, my xbox is permanantly connected to my router, so if for example i play a backup of starwars battlefront, then it will automatically try and connect me to xbox live as soon as the game boots up, if i didnt have the latest bios which stops this then my box would be knackered for xbox live because as soon as microsoft sees a modified bios online it bans the machine (well in theory it does anyway, but there are ways to get the box back online:))
i have tried to connect with the latest bios just to see if it works and yes it does thank god, so, if you want to go on xbox live, just disable the chip(with the switch) and when the box boots, it boots the microsoft bios as normal:).

you cannot play a backup of any game via the microsoft xbox live service, you can play a backup via xbconnect or kai if the game supports system link(but most new games dont, and from my experience with xbconnect its mostly filled with halo players)..xbox live is the best way to play games, and for once in my life i dont mind paying full price for the game if it supports online play as its soooooo much fun......

anyway, im sorry if this above answer is a bit jumbled up and confusing, my brain seems to tell me one thing to type and my fingers type other things...god knows how my wife has put up with me for so long,

okeey thanx alot for the nice reply!

so i should be getting alladin xt? with switch? or executer with switch?
and i need to have the org. game if i want to play for inestance burnout 3 live.
and when i hit the switch to off, it supposed to switch the xbox back to org Ms bios, right?
hmm! ok!

People have their preferences with mods, but all the ones I've seen are around the same.

You NEED the ORIGINAL game to play on XBOX Live. You can play on other online services with backups, however, they are not as good or widely used as Live - the game in question needs System Link as well.

When the mod is off, the Bios will be unnaffected and will appear as normal to Microsoft. On the Alladin, for example, as mentioned above, to have the switch turned off, use the eject button to start the XBOX.

KOP_007 said:
People have their preferences with mods, but all the ones I've seen are around the same.

You NEED the ORIGINAL game to play on XBOX Live. You can play on other online services with backups, however, they are not as good or widely used as Live - the game in question needs System Link as well.

When the mod is off, the Bios will be unnaffected and will appear as normal to Microsoft. On the Alladin, for example, as mentioned above, to have the switch turned off, use the eject button to start the XBOX.

i got everything sorted out about the chip!
now rumor sayign that if i change my hdd into somethign bigger like 80 gb or something!
MS will be able to detect it, even though the chip is turned off with alladin!

is that true??

sonicspinner said:
i got everything sorted out about the chip!
now rumor sayign that if i change my hdd into somethign bigger like 80 gb or something!
MS will be able to detect it, even though the chip is turned off with alladin!

is that true??

there are rumours flying about all over the place about this hard drive buisness, but ive had a 160 gig in for ages and it hasnt affected me, but you never know what microsoft will be up to

im keeping my original xbox hard drive as a backup just in case :) and a new eeprom as well :)

milosh said:
Good decision Mate :)

And change you signature to 4th of November :) (that's when the release date is set :))

cheers , just done it...i hope i have to do it again, when they say....october 15th to tie in with ps2 :)

yeah, wishful thinking i know

Back
Top Bottom