Controllers?

Thanks for the link.

About the Hard Drive, a couple of my mates have had bigger hard drives put in and have had no problems. The problems arise when the hard drive has been unlocked. You just need to make sure it's locked. But I know nothing about this.

Edit. Sweet, Darkplanets have sent my converters, I've ordered two PS2 pads on ebay and I went to GAME today and picked up the correct extension lead (They had 2 on the shelf).

XBOX should be picked up sometime this week, next week at the latest, it's all coming together. Will oder the LIVE kit and Splinter Cell once I get my XBOX back. I havent been this excited in years, can you tell?

Last edited:
i need the correct non-quick release extender cables to play pes4 with my ps2-controller and use the headset at the same time. now i´ve two questions:

1) as there are only products posted on this site which are available in the uk (yes i know it´s an english site), i wondered if this extension cable
www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008KTN2/ref=br_lf_vg_9/302-0339286-6105614
from amazon.de (i live in austria) would work? both ends seem to be flat so there should be no problem? can anybody confirm if this works please?! thanks!

2) how do you do this? you stick the extension cable into the xbox then connect the dreambox and then insert your ps2-controller? where do you stick the headset into? into the dreambox?

1. I cant see that picture properly. To me though, that black end looks like the quick release, in which case it would be no good. But I cant see it properly so I dont know. Did a search on google for it and it does look like a quick release (http://www.xbreporter.com/eb.php?pid=224471). sorry,

2. I havent got mine yet, but from what I understand:

On the XBOX pad you have slots where you plug the headset/memory card etc. This slot is on the dreambox, as PS2 pads obviously cant do this.

It needs to look like this:

324257ps.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, indeed it does slot on the top of the Converter, the MIC that is. I picked up my Extender cables from GAME, the only other place on the web i know that sells them is some French Website, but since i don't speak french i didn't bother!

Last edited:
Couldn't you just plug the communicator into the dreambox then unplug the headset and use a normal headphone extension lead from the headset to the dreambox ?

You could in theory, but im not 100% certain, besides the LIVE™ Headset uses a smaller plug than a standard Headphone plug. I doubt it would fit the headphone extension lead!

right guys just scanned through the thread (because i really need the ps2 converter thingy!)
am i right in saying all i need is the dreambox converter and a controller extender cable to use my ps2 pad with the xbox and stll use the headset
cheers

Re: Controllers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right guys just scanned through the thread (because i really need the ps2 converter thingy!)
am i right in saying all i need is the dreambox converter and a controller extender cable to use my ps2 pad with the xbox and stll use the headset
cheers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Indeedy!!!!! But make sure the Controller extender is not the Quick Release One!

Yeah Stiffler, thats perfect.

Then all you need is the Dreambox converter and you're good to go. ;)

stiffler said:
is the controller extender from game suitable??

this one:-

324257ps.gif

thanks to KOP_007 for the pic!

christ, cant people just scan through the thread

this picture was put up ages ago with everyone including myself saying it worked

once and for all, get this combination

dreambox(as it works with the headset) and the above extender cable from game

end of story!!!!

yeah my bad
only wanted to double check all was right so i could nip down game 2day (which i have) and buy the correct bits and bobs i need

Calm down vcduk2000.

Anyway, got my Dreamboxes today from Darkplanets. Work great. I dont know if it's me though but sometimes, I'd say aboit 1 in 10, when you want to do a first time shot, it doest worK? Naj, it's just me, it's perfect.

Weird settign up the contoller config, it wouldnt let me do it for ages, said something about mapping the controls but in the end it just worked. Everything is exactly as is on PS2 now. The only difference I can see is to cycle through the teams on the team selections creen you have to use the bacl R and L buttons.

Need to get used to the Winning Eleven/PES different menu buttons - as always is the case. (ie. Circle is not go and so on...)

yep i was on the phone earlier today to dark planets and they said they are selling loads of xbox pad convertors and i reckon they'll sell a ton of those cable extenders aswell.

LIVE Kit sent.

2 Dream Boxes already in posession.

2 Dual Shocks PS2 to come from Ebay.

XBOX returned to me on Tuesday after 'upgrade'

I CANT WAIT!!!

correct me if im wrong but ive been using the ps2 adaptor but to be honest cant you just change it so the 2 back trigger buttons are r1 and l1??? the game would be fine to play like that especially with the newer smaller xbox controllers...im gonna try it now should be no probelms

Try changing the button config so that you use 'B' as 'special controls' and the 'black' button as 'long ball'

I use an Xbox S pad and this works a treat as i use manual passing for everything (analogue sticks) so the only time you need to use the black button is when crossing and it means that 'B' can be used as the 'R2' equivalent and its right next to the other buttons hence easier to press (unlike the 'black' button)

try it....

Htis controller will be handy for those not used to the xbox controller because of the extra black and white buttons on the shoulder

pelpl2023.jpg

That pad looks half decent considerin it is an "xbox pad" after all. :P

Still can't wait for me dreambox though. :D

Back
Top Bottom