Confederations Cup 2013

Luiz is a liability but I suppose you could put a broomstick alongside Thiago Silva and still have a competent defence.

i6A3Dkbx5jaU7.gif

bravo.

220px-Oscar_statuette.jpg

Sometimes when Neymar gets tripped, i can sort of see why he'd go down with both feet up and bottoms first to avoid twisting anything or getting into an injury. But then at times like these, its just a stupid dive...and with all that talent, all that flair...its quite sad. If you look at the old classic players, none would do that...What's with the young ones now?

Neymar is a disgrace to the man race, the diving little prick.

Against Italy he won several free kicks that shouldn't be and 2 of them resulted in a goal (one of them had David Luis offide). That game shoulda been 2-2.

I'm actually rooting against Neymar in this competition. I'm tired of all the theatrics, the cons and cheap tricks and antics.

It's getting really old now. Yesterday against Uruguay was a cheat fest by him.

When he dives, it's like the centre of gravity shifts inside his body and when he hits the ground he looks like a fish just out of the water ricocheting off the ground and feigning injury.

The man is a farse. No doubt he has skills, but with tighter defending it won't be the same.
Now he will go to Europe, will be in the Champions League and he better drop the act, then he might have a small chance of success.

Neymar is a disgrace to the man race, the diving little prick.

Against Italy he won several free kicks that shouldn't be and 2 of them resulted in a goal (one of them had David Luis offide). That game shoulda been 2-2.

yeah neymar seems to be an obnoxious little twat and david luiz was indeed offside (although that was a very difficult offside to spot), but i think brasil deserved the lead. we were terrible in the first half, and didn't really play any football until neymar's free kick.

Last edited:
Half time between Spain and Italy. Italy playing very well, but I can't help but feel it will end badly :(

These commentators are bumming Spain so much. They seem to have ignored the fact that Italy have effectively billed the threat by letting them play in the useless areas of the pitch and then striking well on the counter, truly annoying.

Its like the light of a God literally shines out the ass of Del Bosque and that team.

Torres was very active but nothing worked for him and i'm surprised by this wasteful Italy. Both teams are solid and have such a good passing skill. I'm afraid they are a few steps ahead our NT.

FFS BONUCCI

As soon as he picked up thr ball I text my mate saying "he's missed it". And what do you know :P seriously disappointed, I thought Italy were the better side overall and really deserved to win it. Although I don't want to take anything away from Spain who also plied a fabulous game.

Very good game despite the 0-0 result. I feel sorry for Italy, but one team has to go through and Spain are good value for it.

I personally think they will kick our asses on Sunday.

But this is what they will have to play against:
gmk.gif

Very good game despite the 0-0 result. I feel sorry for Italy, but one team has to go through and Spain are good value for it.

I personally think they will kick our asses on Sunday.

But this is what they will have to play against:
gmk.gif

Well spain have busquets (who is worse imo) so maybe we'll get a oscar award winning performance on sunday from either of them.

how ironic is that.. we got out of the tournament just as we were about to find some decent form... anyway it was a pretty entertaining game.... or at least the first half was. after half time both teams were completely worn out. on this topic, i do understand it is important to have the teams playing not too late, so that european fans can confortably watch it live... but is it really worth it? i'd have the game played at 9 pm brazilian time (when the temperature is a little more forgiving), rather than watching live a game ruined by the heat and fatigue.
there were 30° celsius degrees out there yesterday, and 80% humidity. u do not play a football game at 4 pm with such an unforgiving heat... u don't do it if it's midseason and u're on your best form..... nevermind in june, after football season ended. that's just stupid (and also quite unhealthy and potentinally dangerous for your cardiovascular system).

back to the match, it's a shame balotelli missed the game... he could have made a difference yesterday. on the bright side, i really like this 3 men defensive setup and i think, with this specific formation, with might even leave 1 striker alone upfront (as the sidebacks push much more than they usually do in a back-4)... however i still mantain that, with a conventional back 4, with should always line up 2 forwards.

congrats to spain and brazil. i should hope that spain would find a better form before sunday..... but i think an "on form" spain would destroy brazil.... so, for the sake of the game, i hope spain will mantain this poor form, so we can have a balanced game (sorry Alexis ;)) ).
Praise Jesus!
:LOL:

Last edited:
how ironic is that.. we got out of the tournament just as we were about to find some decent form... anyway it was a pretty entertaining game.... or at least the first half was. after half time both teams were completely worn out. on this topic, i do understand it is important to have the teams playing not too late, so that european fans can confortably watch it live... but is it really worth it? i'd have the game played at 9 pm brazilian time (when the temperature is a little more forgiving), rather than watching live a game ruined by the heat and fatigue.
there were 30° celsius degrees out there yesterday, and 80% humidity. u do not play a football game at 4 pm with such an unforgiving heat... u don't do it if it's midseason and u're on your best form..... nevermind in june, after football season ended. that's just stupid (and also quite unhealthy and potentinally dangerous for your cardiovascular system).

Its winter here homie :P Next year you better hope Italy gets on a group that plays on the south or prepare yourself for the heat.

Teams will find all kinds of weather in Brazil next year. To the north, where Italy and Spain played yesterday, there is little difference between summer and winter and what you get is basically hell on earth.
To the South there are going to be temperatures from 10 to 15 degrees, which is what European teams will be dreaming about.
And in Brasilia the desert wheather will offer about 10% humidity that will burn players throats.
What a crazy place FIFA chose :P

I think its cause so many people find spains keepball boring.

It may be boring for some.

It's more down to running scared of Spain knowing they are the team to beat.

Throw in Argentina, Colombia, France, Germany, Holland and Italy into the mix for next year as well and chances of winning at home are not that great given that this is a pretty drab selecao compared to former sides.

But then again Brazil have hardly played flair football in a long while but at least then they still had solid players throughout and the likes of Ronaldo and Ronaldinho to call on.

Do Brazilians love Italians? All game I could hear loads of Italy chants and boos for Spain.

It is an odd behavior that happens most of the time here, but with several reasons:
1. People still goes to these events for fun, as much as a boo may sound offensive, most of the time people do it for the fun.
Its a cultural thing to mock the opponent, look at this pic where Flamengo was playing Neymar's Santos and the fans took the picture of his girlfriend with a Flamengo top.
torcedores-bruna-marquezine-flamengo-600x401.jpg

2. The mass media (that people are finally realizing they suck) tries to settle people behavior by constantly trashing in this case Spain, I don't really know why, but they always wanna pick who we are supposed to support. Like Albiceleste said, I think its cause they are afraid!

3. Surely Italy was very likable yesterday and trough the whole competition, so there is a LOT of that in the mix as well. I was really enjoying them!

Do Brazilians love Italians? All game I could hear loads of Italy chants and boos for Spain.

All I could hear was that too, chants of Italia Italia.

Sauce said a number of reasons why. What counts a lot is that Spain is a team the Brazilian fans truly fear right now. You could see how the crowd clearly supported Uruguay, Tahiti and Nigeria, and now Italy.

Tikka Takka football is perceived as boring by many, and they get booed especially when they're passing the ball at the back. But not all is boo and jeering: when Spain scored two brilliant goals against Uruguay, the crow reacted in a very warm manner and applauded those goals. And the boos gradually decreased.

The fact is that they want to see good football and the Brazilian crowd watch matches with great interest and they usually engage in the experience and pick sides. On that note, you could see that when Brazil isn't playing, the side they always picked is the underdog. So maybe they perceived Italy as the underdog yesterday?

Also, I think this Italy team is almost impossible not to like. I think Prandelli is doing something really special with those boys and this team has such great character.

I want to add that a minority percentage of brazilians have italian roots (goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri or legend Rivelino are perfect examples), maybe some of them were supporting their grandfathers's NT.

But I agree with you they booed Spain just for fun (because they prefer Italy in final) and their boring football style.

I think Rentboy was spot on, people were in the side of the underdogs most of the time. They supported Thaiti, Japan when they faced Italy and Italy in the semis.

Back
Top Bottom