Confederations Cup 2013

It's never like that against Italy :))

Anyway, our NT is not impressing me neither. I think the current 4-2-1-3 formation would collapse against any big team with a strong mid (like yours and specially Spain) and the fact we have Luiz in the defensive line is disturbing. Last match he tried an overhead dribble (not sure if this is the name for it) inside our own box :CONFUSE:

yep, luiz can definitely be a liability. then again, when u have a monster like thiago silva in your team....u might even pair him up with me and u'd still have a great defense :P
sauce said:
There are also some people saying Brazil is taking that future step, where the power of political parties is heavily decreased, but its an absurd theory imo.
u mean some sort of liquid democracy? or perhaps direct democracy? that's never gonna happen. when u read rousseau direct democracy sounds amazing.... but it's actually a terrible form of government (not to mention utopian). ever since the end of the cold war, political parties have been losing their grip on the people and the ability to catalyse and drive consensus (wich is not a bad thing imo), but we still haven't found a different formula.... and direct democracy is definitely not the answer.
anyway this is actually a very interesting topic of conversation... perhaps u should open a specific thread to discuss about it.... so we don't drag this thread off topic :))

this should be italy's formation for tonight's game.

de sciglio-----bonucci----chiellini-----abate

-------aquilani----montolivo---marchisio

-------------candreva-----diamanti
---------------------balotelli

italy-brasil has always been "the ultimate match" on the international scene (kinda like germany-italy). let's hope tonight's game will live up to its reputation and tradition. :))

any updates on scolari's line up?

I think hernanes will take paulinho's(injured) place tonight. also thiago silva and dani alves both have one yellow card, so dante and jean might play instead.

edit: yep, hernanes <-> paulinho is the only change

Last edited:
Wtf ? Ref stop penalty and than after goal com he let it go? Lol

Good match so far , great first goal by Italy also loved Fred goal great assist by Marcelo

great game overall from both sides and still a good performance from italy without pirlo, de rossi, montolivo and buffon (who was the rookie in italy's goal today, guys? don't tell me that was buffon!).

p.s. hernandez makes inzaghi proud each time he scores.

Last edited:
Looks like Italy's aim this Confederations cup is to play an entertaining rather than effective game of football :D

i'm not sure we're doing it on purpose though :D

another unimpressive display by italy.... although we showed a slightly better form than against japan.
the good news is that after yesterday's game, the 1 striker formation is most likely ruled out :))

Have to admit though Ben, Giaccherini and De Sciglio have been immense. Showing so much hunger and dynamism.

The most disappointing thing about the side is Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli's form. What's up with them? They don't look like title winners to me. They look nervous.

Okay, agree, thanks you for evidence. ;)

I have read several articles on the internet (after reading your post) about the lives of some of the Belarusians in this country and their descriptions absolutely agree with what you bring to the video. Maybe, I have to rethink my ideas about life outside of my country. :COAT:

Free Pussy Riot! :))

Have to admit though Ben, Giaccherini and De Sciglio have been immense. Showing so much hunger and dynamism.

The most disappointing thing about the side is Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli's form. What's up with them? They don't look like title winners to me. They look nervous.

that's because they're knackered... like the rest of the squad... all of them. it's no wonder our only fit players are also the only ones who're performing (giaccherini, balotelli and candreva).

when u're tired and out of oxygen after 5 minutes and u see your opponent running and pressing like it was mid november, u're bound to get nervous. u rush everything; your passes your tackles, your shots... have u ever seen italy trying so many shots from long distance? that's what happens when u don't think u can make it through the defense and into the box. have u ever seen barzagli making 2 mistakes in 1 game? prandelli said he couldn't line him up against brazil because after the japan game he was dehydrated!!!:CONFUSE: have u ever seen montolivo and aquilani missing about 50% of their passing targets in 1 game? our passing inaccuracy is just embarassing... and it's even emphasized by our game; less technical football teams don't even try to play our football... they try to keep their passing game simple, so their passes are decently accurate most of the time....... we instead, we keep playing our usual 1 touch passing game, even though right now we can't afford any off the ball movement.... and so half of our passes end up on our opponents feet.

i'll tell u what; the only reason why we haven't been truly embarassed yet is because we played against inferior teams. mexico allowed us to set the tempo of the game (that was really kind of em!), japan pressed us like crazy and were absolutely spectacular... almost moving to watch. but let's be honest, had it been germany or spain, we would have been annihilated (i still can't believe we managed to score 4 goals despite our form). and as for brasil, they look much better than in march (when we played them last time)...... but they're still nowhere near spain and germany... and also quite inferior to us (wich is why we somehow managed to keep the game alive).

so far we looked "entertaining" (and not just plain terrible) because we played against teams we would normally beat. now we're gonna play against a team wich could beat us even on our best day. it's gonna be a painful reality check!

Last edited:
This Bernard looks like a real gem, imo him and Oscar > Neymar. Simply because their mentality is more set to the team as opposed to "what can I do to look good now" + Neymar is a bit of a cunt on the pitch isn't he. Excuse the language.

Last edited:
i6A3Dkbx5jaU7.gif

I didn't think Neymar was THAT light.

That's awesome, the day that the Brazilian FA choose to post that Neymar doesn't dive. Quality.

Some needs to photoshop in a cartoon bomb, only way to explain his leap backwards.

Neymar is a cunt and when you think he'll be playing for Barca next year its even worst , one other reason to stay away from Barca game's :-P

Great night - great opposition, I'm glad, I saw this match, it was awesome! Brazil is in terrific form, they dominated the entire match today and it would be a bad if the match ended in a different way. Glad for Julio Cesar in early of the first half, it was a great save! He's not just guessing, he take the ball, Krasava! Fred's goal was great, liked playing of Bernard, who was so welcomed in their own stadium. Neymar is "dirty guy" today for me, though I have little opportunity to watch him play and I can not judge the full. Uruguayans also played very well, but the Brazilians were better. :D Great game! :WORSHIP:

P.S Good luck in Final, Brazil!

Artem im glad you're happy with todays match , but I really wait more ... since this two clubs has quality players and coms from South America I was expecting more quality match , special 1st half wasnt good at all , no good passes , they cant even make 2-3 passes without lose the ball . i found it really boring and not quality !

oh and why Brasil keep playing Luiz where there is a guy like Dante who I find better than David Luiz (maybe I'm wrong but Luiz keep doing those silly wrongs)

agree. Dante is much better indeed. David Luiz is just the popular guy. he is not that good (at defending).

oh and why Brasil keep playing Luiz where there is a guy like Dante who I find better than David Luiz (maybe I'm wrong but Luiz keep doing those silly wrongs)

Its like watching Pinky and Brain when I see David Luiz and Thiago Silva, Luiz is the brain (always so smart in knowing what to do, but absolutely crazy in execution with 100% chance of failure) and Silva is Pinky (a true genius, but without the grand scheme of achieving things, does it simply and achieves what he wants, especially when Brain is causing problems).

I have to agree though, Dante is fantastic and although hes not much more talented than Luiz in terms or ability, he definitely has his head screwed on making him a much better defender overall.

Exactly: Luiz is too much adventurous, and takes too much risks sometimes. Yet he's still an incredible player with an above average Technique, Vision and Passing ability.

Back
Top Bottom