Confederations Cup 2013

Great to hear that people outside Italy love Prandelli too. I think it's almost impossible to dislike the guy and most of his decisions for the team. I heard the BBC commentator label this Italy the 'smiling Italy'. That's awesome :D

About the Spain game - I can't help but feel if Super Mario played, we'd have a goal against Spain. I do think Gilardino (don't forget he's a World Cup winner!!!!) had a very good game though.

About the Spain game - I can't help but feel if Super Mario played, we'd have a goal against Spain. I do think Gilardino (don't forget he's a World Cup winner!!!!) had a very good game though.

What was Balotelli's injury? I missed it cause I was too busy ranting about the awfully biased commentating. "this isn't the usual dominant Spain team what's wrong with them? a lack of form or this heat perhaps" I was sat thinking "NO! It's just Italy completely destroying them tactically!" and was it Keown the second commentator? Prick, argument not needed it's just true.

I was surprised to see Gillardino still playing, I remember on PES 6 playing as AC Milan and scoring three consecutive hat tricks with just his head!

LOL that's so right. those commentators make me dislike watching spain's (and barça's) football even more. also, kinda glad to know that they're not peculiar only to the third world countries.

Wonder how many times I've seen Spain players fall down only to look at the ref with a look that says : wait, you're not whistling for a foul? Didn't you see how Brazil player xyz made me dive? :SMUG:

Brazil is playing great now, especially David Luiz, what a player, but also Luis Gustavo and Fred, amazing in controling game and the latter also would be a great CB... top stuff, and Neymar doesn´t need comment. He is the next big thing whatever people say... next most hated and loved player for the decade.

Spain need to switch Mata for Fabregas or Silva and Torres for Soldado just to try something else in attack...or better Villa.

On the other hand, it was also shocking defending by Spain. Arbeloa is looking completely out of his depth and Pique messed up big time on the first goal, dealing with a routine cross.

Wonderful pass by Oscar and an even better finish by Neymar.

Same old story: Marcelo touched him but suddently a sniper shot him from stands.

39303430.jpg

Wonder what Neymar thinking... La Liga must be a weak league, I just battered their best. I think Casilla shouldn`t of gone to this tourney :LOL:

why the hell spain hasn't start with Martinez a Champions League winner and great player on great form !?

also Villa and Torres need to be deleted from Spain team , Pique over rated not better than any average CB

glad to see Brazil kicking their ass tho , loved how ALL players of Brazil played , they really give maximum !

why the hell spain hasn't start with Martinez a Champions League winner and great player on great form !?

also Villa and Torres need to be deleted from Spain team , Pique over rated not better than any average CB

glad to see Brazil kicking their ass tho , loved how ALL players of Brazil played , they really give maximum !

Hey ! Torres won the golden boot! :SMUG:
Ceasar won golden glove :SHOCK: he`s shite imo QPR`s finest :P

Hey ! Torres won the golden boot! :SMUG:
Ceasar won golden glove :SHOCK: he`s shite imo QPR`s finest :P

Torres its gone same as Villa , I dont get why Tottenham wants him ? they got Defoe who is better than Villa!

and Cesar isnt shit , Cesar still got some class , look at tonight's saves , all tho he dont have to do many!

Torres its gone same as Villa , I dont get why Tottenham wants him ? they got Defoe who is better than Villa!

and Cesar isnt shit , Cesar still got some class , look at tonight's saves , all tho he dont have to do many!

plz, saves were the Uru vs Ita game thoses are saves, Cesar just drinks water farts on the side and walks up to goal mouth :LOL: Luiz made the big save tonight :JAY:

Where the hell is Michu and what's wrong with the defense? Need a better RB, CB and a striker. Anyway David Luiz and Neymar :WORSHIP:

Deserving win for Brazil.

How is Arbeola even on the Spain squad? Brasil deserve the win , they were like rockets from the whistle. Spain is still the best NT though ,Congrats to Brasil back 2 back Confetti winners :))

Spain actually played with players that won them most trophys, but this team hit the peak at 2012 Euro. many better players that have better seasons stayed at home.. Spain should use Negredo, Soldado, Benat, Navas, Michu more for the NT...

but still there are players of Spain U21 that will play for the senior NT next season, and those guys are the champions in thier category, don´t forget that...Isco, De Gea, Carvajal, Jese, Morata, Koke, Thiago Alcantara etc will surely add more quality to Spain World cup team, if they are called up.

Brazil followed the blueprint to defeat Spain to the letter. That pressure on their half was excellent. You can't allow them time to think and pass from the back.

Really good performance and regardless what you think it was well deserved.

David Luiz was a monster tonight, that save was nothing short of brilliant. Plus he kept them at bay all night long. When Sideshow Bob plays better than Thiago Silva, anything can happen! :D

Luiz Gustavo was also excellent, if he keeps playing like that he might make a claim for a starting XI position at Bayern?

Fred simply can't miss these days, what a goal poacher!

And I'll say it again: no doubt Neymar has got it. But he has to lose that horrible diving habit urgently!

I think Alonso is the most vital part of this Spanish team alongside w/ Iniesta (and Madrid too) and his absence was a big reason for that loss (for such a loss, I mean). IMO Martinez could have made up for it but sadly he wasn't given a chance by Del Bosque.

totally agree with Rentboy's words above. I've always rated Luiz Gustavo since his Hoffenheim days (extremely calm player) and he's been my favourite young DMF. unfortunately, Bayern's midfield is too stacked even for a great player like him. I don't know if there's a rumour about it but I think Mourinho would love to see him at Chelsea (Luiz, Ramires and Oscar would like it too).

p.s. just had a look at the latest rumors and Luiz Gustavo and Paulinho are said to be among Chelsea's targets. also, recently Luiz Gustavo even made comments on Mourinho's return to Chelsea. I can't come up with any particular reason for that, though...

"Mourinho at Chelsea, I believe that he is a great manager with a great club. This is going to strengthen Chelsea even more and for sure they are going to come strong in all competitions this year," Gustavo said.

Last edited:
I think Alonso is the most vital part of this Spanish team alongside w/ Iniesta (and Madrid too) and his absence was a big reason for that loss (for such a loss, I mean). IMO Martinez could have made up for it but sadly he wasn't given a chance by Del Bosque.

totally agree with Rentboy's words above. I've always rated Luiz Gustavo since his Hoffenheim days (extremely calm player) and he's been my favourite young DMF. unfortunately, Bayern's midfield is too stacked even for a great player like him. I don't know if there's a rumour about it but I think Mourinho would love to see him at Chelsea (Luiz, Ramires and Oscar would like it too).

p.s. just had a look at the latest rumors and Luiz Gustavo and Paulinho are said to be among Chelsea's targets. also, recently Luiz Gustavo even made comments on Mourinho's return to Chelsea. I can't come up with any particular reason for that, though...

Paulinho signed with Tottenham, didnt he?

Back
Top Bottom