Colin McRae Dirt (PS3/360/PC)

does anyone else think there is too much 'white-out' on the screen? especially on light coloured tracks, like sand...

it's as if the contrast is too high - i tried changing the contrast and brighness on the tv, but it still seems like there is too much 'white'.

has anyone noticed this? or is it my tv! :p

Nah it's the same for me, just seems too bright on some tracks.

After reading a few of the comments in here I decided to go out and get the full version of this to give it a fair shot, I miss having a decent rally game (I love Forza but it's great to have a rally game as well, with all the different challenges, different road surfaces, new cars, new tracks etc. - it's nice to feel like you're playing a real "sporting event" rather than racing stock cars down the street).

What utter, utter garbage, it is not worth the disc it's printed on. I can understand how the guys who play FIFA/UEFA on the 360 and hate the controls must feel now, it's just unbelievably bad. It feels like you're driving a fish across a lake of ice, the car just swings left and right as if it's trying to throw you out of it. And the braking time of 60-0 in one second is just laughable - if only cars reacted like that in real life the national speed limit would be 100mph. You'd be speeding down the road like a maniac, kid steps out, slam your brakes on, you'd stop short of the kid by about 50ft. And that's if he was 60ft away.

I'm glad that some people are getting fun out of it so that Codemasters don't go bust but really, how anyone can stand to finish a lap on this game I've no idea.

Thank God I got my money back. I'll have to look out for Richard Burns Rally, Gerd/Stan seems to think that's pretty good.

Last edited:
After reading a few of the comments in here I decided to go out and get the full version of this to give it a fair shot, I miss having a decent rally game (I love Forza but it's great to have a rally game as well, with all the different challenges, different road surfaces, new cars, new tracks etc. - it's nice to feel like you're playing a real "sporting event" rather than racing stock cars down the street).

What utter, utter garbage, it is not worth the disc it's printed on. I can understand how the guys who play FIFA/UEFA on the 360 and hate the controls must feel now, it's just unbelievably bad. It feels like you're driving a fish across a lake of ice, the car just swings left and right as if it's trying to throw you out of it. And the braking time of 60-0 in one second is just laughable - if only cars reacted like that in real life the national speed limit would be 100mph. You'd be speeding down the road like a maniac, kid steps out, slam your brakes on, you'd stop short of the kid by about 50ft. And that's if he was 60ft away.

I'm glad that some people are getting fun out of it so that Codemasters don't go bust but really, how anyone can stand to finish a lap on this game I've no idea.

Thank God I got my money back. I'll have to look out for Richard Burns Rally, Gerd/Stan seems to think that's pretty good.

glad i just stuck with the arcadelike Motorstorm, but man do i miss forza2 that games control and feeling is unparreleled

Richard burns rally is rock hard at first, but ultimately it is a very rewarding game.
I have it for ps2 and it's very hard with the dual shock.
I suggest the pc version as i heard it is improved slightly.
If you like more realistic games get RBR without hesitation.

couldn't agree more jack - i think the game is appallingly bad!

i loved the first 2 colin mcrae's on the ps1, but they have been consistently shocking ever since and this one is no exception.

if you want a truly brilliant rallying experience, then pick up rallisport challenge 2 for the xbox - it shits all over DiRT...

I say only:

Rallisport challange2!!! best Graphics on old gen, well balanced gameplay, tons of cars, tons o tracks!!! Play this and you feel next gen on old machine!!!

Right, come on then - Richard Burns Rally or Rallisport Challenge 2? I only need one. ;)

Ralli sport challange 2 if you have an X-box my friend, this game is unbelibvable! This game shows what you can do if you know well the hardware! best racingame graphics on x-box1.

The answer will be Richard Burns then, Rallisport 2 aint on the BC list, but Richard Burns is.........

God damn it, the reviews were favouring Rallisport 2 as well. :(

EDIT: Okay, new question, Richard Burns Rally or the original Rallisport?

Last edited:
I got a Promo copy for £20 last night and I may still take it back. the handling is way too shitty. I can't understand how IGN/Gamespot and even Gametrailers gave this such high scores.

God damn it, the reviews were favouring Rallisport 2 as well. :(

EDIT: Okay, new question, Richard Burns Rally or the original Rallisport?

Richard Burns over the original, the original still looks fairly nice considering it's age but the second game is a massive improvement.

DiRT isn't too bad looks nice despite the slowdown and only running at 30fps, and you have to accept that it's more of an arcade game. The truck races and stuff are horrible though.

On a side note, why pay for a promo? They're supposed to be free? If I ever get rid of them I just give them away.

because the retail version is £40 in shops. I got a promo but it has instructions and the proper case etc.

the races against the CPU in this game is like bumper cars. no wonder they left that out of xbox live multi-player.

Im actually enjoying this too! Just finished an uphill Truck race which was good fun. I love the damage model on this game! its fab! you can write your car off in an instant by hitting a fence post!

Aye, seen it in the paper he passed away over the weekend. Couldn't believe what I was reading! Shocked, you just don't expect these things to happen to famous people. Sad times :(

Back
Top Bottom