Colin McRae Dirt (PS3/360/PC)

Off-topic...

So if I have no right to judge, what rights do you have to give out rights? Are you the Evo-Web policeman? No, you're the guy who's constantly posting pointless crap in the WE threads, "it won't come out this year, no it won't, no it won't, listen to me no it won't, it won't, it's all an illusion, listen to me, listen"... Now you post news and videos now and again, which is part of what makes this forum great, so I try to ignore the crap you post as well (such as sarcastic posts in the WE thread that not everyone understands and suddenly you've got ten posts saying "IS THAT RIGHT OMG?!", causing a million more WE rumours on top of the billion WE rumours already out there). But when someone isn't contributing something to a forum then I have the right, believe it or not, to say so - just like you have the right to call me a boring twat. In the last year I might have whinged about games, but it has been constructive criticism. You won't find a post saying "oh don't shout at me, that's mean, my feelings are hurt now".

I've had as much stick as anyone here, but do you know what, it's an internet forum and nobody cares about your fucking feelings. The sooner you realise that and you just talk about stuff of relevance, the sooner your feelings stop being hurt and the better your life will be. I can't give DJ or anybody else any better advice than this.

Say what you want about me moaning but I'm being genuine and giving genuine advice.

On-topic...

Have you seen the price of this at ShopTo? £31.98! Even though I thought the demo was awful, that makes me wonder if it's worth another go...

I agree with one of the posts from the last page, with games like Forza I do actually think to myself "it's not rally and it's not F1" - and rally can be brilliant (I forget the last rally game I really enjoyed, I think it was one of the WRCs, but it was great - the surfaces, the different environments, rushing against the clock). I would have liked some rally elements to be in Forza - the way that you have to select and tune all the parts is a part of Forza that makes the game so great for me (and what other people hate about it), and if the game had rally elements to it to tune (the tires for the road surface etc.) then I would have liked that.

Last edited:
If I see one more pointless bit of bitching and fucking moaning in this thread there are gonna be bannings!

Dont say you lot havent been warned!

CW, as far as I am concerned I am raising valid points and making ok posts not flaming and giving people a hard time and posting bollocks. I hope you take that into consideration before bringing down the Banning Hammer on me.

how long has it been out in the uk? (I presume thats where you lot are)....it isnt out in aus till end of the month goddamnit

Might give the full game a go :) especially after your post JayD so if its crap its your fault mate LOL :)

I reckon about a month ago I was really hyped for this game, I think over time the demo's done enought t oput me off. Perhaps I was just more impressed with the presentation with anything, and I was looking forward to worldwide lap-time rankings and things like that.

The game just bores me though (of course I'm going on the demo again), I'm not a racing driver so I'm not sure whther I can comment on this, but there's no drifting at all which I think is essential for any racing game to have drifting. However I'm still impressed with the damage model. I think Codies have done a good job of advancing the racing genre here, even if they are guilty of leaving out on or two essentials.

PS, I wonder why Sega still don't have a driving game out for the Sega Lindberg? Sega have always done the best racing games in my opinion and it really is about time we had a next-gen game to follow on from OutRun 2/Daytona etc.

UK :) not sure about the AUS release date. Didnt see the PS3 version available anywhere :lmao:
EDIT: just saw why, its not due for release for another 4 months... wonder why that is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon about a month ago I was really hyped for this game, I think over time the demo's done enought t oput me off. Perhaps I was just more impressed with the presentation with anything, and I was looking forward to worldwide lap-time rankings and things like that.

The game just bores me though (of course I'm going on the demo again), I'm not a racing driver so I'm not sure whther I can comment on this, but there's no drifting at all which I think is essential for any racing game to have drifting. However I'm still impressed with the damage model. I think Codies have done a good job of advancing the racing genre here, even if they are guilty of leaving out on or two essentials.

PS, I wonder why Sega still don't have a driving game out for the Sega Lindberg? Sega have always done the best racing games in my opinion and it really is about time we had a next-gen game to follow on from OutRun 2/Daytona etc.

I want next-gen Ferrari F355 Challenge. the original on Arcade and Dreamcast was a classic!!

i got this game yesterday and there is something odd about it - the framerate isn't right.

and it's not as good as rallisport challenge 2 on the original xbox...

got to admit this is better than i expected, the sense of speed is immense and i love watching the replays with all the correct working suspension and little crashes that give you nice effects

it drives okay also, just some cars do not feel that right. and i hate the brakes. waaaaayy to responsive.

Nah bumperman I dont, same as 360 and PC so you might as well get it for one of them.

does anyone else think there is too much 'white-out' on the screen? especially on light coloured tracks, like sand...

it's as if the contrast is too high - i tried changing the contrast and brighness on the tv, but it still seems like there is too much 'white'.

has anyone noticed this? or is it my tv! :p

I would say waiting for the PS3 version could be an idea, there must be a four month delay for some good reason, I imagine DiRT has been in production for both 360 and PS3 for the same amount of time. If you can wait the four months, I'd wait (at least until PS3 previews come out which might say what, if any, differences there are)

Back
Top Bottom