Colin McRae Dirt (PS3/360/PC)

different opinions, you need to accept all of them.

if you prefer colin it's totally okay in my opinion, i just take em both. ;)

give Dirt a try Cammey, its worth a throw. Im still not 100% sure on it but maybe if I play it more it might grow on me.

agree with mrcoopz and jay...forza is crap. Boring as bats piss - no variety and in the end no real fun. Everyone i have showed it to say its crap and boring. Dirt is brilliant, however, and i dont give a shit about how realistic the cars turn or whatever. It's a game and is therefore not realistic in the first place.

But it can be made as close to real life as possible if the developers want it to be like that.... Perhaps real life racing is boring? How far did you actually get with Forza 2 and also did you have the AI at their best setting? If you do that and get further into the game I think you will find its tonnes more interesting than you think! Some of the races ive had over the last 2 days have been unbelievable!

Just out of interest Andish do you play Gran Turismo at all?

DJ, for God's sake, he's obviously not interested. He doesn't care if it's just like real life, he wants a game where you can have a laugh, he doesn't want to spend half an hour tuning something that isn't real - that's his point. Leave it!!

Played the dirt demo last night its very impressive.

A very Arcady experiance, but It looks superb.

A very different game to Forza.

I quite like them both to be honest.

As a matter of fact - i completed both gran turismo 1 and 2 on the earlier consoles and played 3 for a long time following that. Even then i found it boring, and mostly only played it to be with my brother. And yes, real life racing is boring other than either rally or F1 - Forza has neither. Agree to disagree.

And yes, real life racing is boring other than either rally or F1 - Forza has neither.

I reckon real life racing is great with the exception of both rally and F1.
Rally = racing against the clock...what fun :roll:
F1 = a procession, antiseptic piffle.

Both lack the very ingredients that make racing exciting... close, side-by-side argy-bargy.

Last edited:
DJ, for God's sake, he's obviously not interested. He doesn't care if it's just like real life, he wants a game where you can have a laugh, he doesn't want to spend half an hour tuning something that isn't real - that's his point. Leave it!!
Fine, but you could have put that in a nicer way rather than being so blunt and snappy....

Fine, but you could have put that in a nicer way rather than being so blunt and snappy....
:|

Only click the button below if you feel like you're emotionally ready for it.

Mate, seriously, do you not realise how gay you sound?

You sound like a broken record. I'm not going to go out of my way to say "well, DJ, erm, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but, erm, let's talk about something else now, yeah?" For God's sake, grow up a bit. No wonder you got bullied, I wouldn't be surprised if you still do.

How I am had NOTHING to do with me being bullied! Man you really are one nasty piece of work aint you?

DJ, fuck sake, just relax a bit. Do these people's opinions of you really matter that much. This is just the internet mate you dont know these people in real life. Get over it.

DJ, if I said that to you then you'd be going bonkers. Watch how you're supposed deal with internet insults, from people you don't even know.

See the space above? That's called shutting up, not whining and getting on with life. For your sake and for everybody on the internet's sake try it, your/our stress levels will drop through the floor. And if you really can't, then there's a "ignore user" option in your user control panel. Use it.

If I really hated you then I could throw insults at you, but I'd rather that you read the above and helped yourself instead.

Can you have multi players on split screen or not? And can you have a full race with a full line up of cars... not just one on one?
I'm positive that I've read split-screen is in. As for a full race with a full lineup, well, they've got the buggy racing in with something like eight cars on the track at the same time so I would presume so. Although rally-wise you may be restricted. In the real rally season (and in the demo) you have "super stage" events where two can race at the same time - there is a divider down the middle of the track though.

Last edited:
is it better than any of the original ps1 versions? i loved those.

how does it compare to rallisport challenge 2 on xbox?

True, 360 needs some games like OutRun 2, Daytona and Scud Race

Ridge Racer 6 was OK I guess.

Back
Top Bottom