CM5 and FM2005.

Thats not a good start for Eidos - who is gonna wanna touch champ man when they will be about 20 seasons into FM2005 by the new year !?!?!!

Played around with the demo, although not played many games, but think it's very very like the previous CM games.

Will defo get it though.

FD

Last Management game I really played alot was CM4 and I wasn't dissapointed, I'm gonna go with this as CM was easily the best football management sim and I love the engine in previous CM games.

Demo's d/l'n now, can't wait!

PES4 on xbl, The next real CM game out on pc, it's all too much

I have a feelin I'll be havin a wonder over to play.com in a few hours. :)

Well what can I say, I really like it alot!

I had a good look around in game to get me bearings again and I really enjoyed playin it,

4th in the league with villa, can't be bad although that was because of the brum match, 1st game of the season. I won the mind games with bruce and won the game 1- 0, but birmingham took out the whole of me left side, savage upto his ol tricks, I h8 that guy. :P Gonna pre order this asap.

Cheers for the heads up guys.

CM4 was a bug ridden piece of shit and it almost put me off the series for good.

I'm glad it was almost. I've just finished playing the demo and I'd have to say I was mightily impressed. There weren't any bugs that I could see, the game palyed at a decent speed and the level of detail was great. The top down view worked well, though I've been a text-only fan in the past. It seems like a good job from SI, nice one and I think I'll go pre-order it now.

Even though it's the game CM4 should have been two years late.

You'd be a bit of a sap to go anywhere near Eidos version in the new year. SI - the travesty that was cm4 is forgiven.

It does seem like FM2005 has brought back some of that 'old' Champ feeling that was missing completely from CM4 and it's addons. I went Inter - before a Serie A ball was kicked, Mihajlovic had missed training twice, told me he was going to see out his contract and leave for nothing, accepted a mutual termination of his contract, Vieri said he doesn't like me and slapped in a transfer request.

Lovely.

ClassicD said:
It does seem like FM2005 has brought back some of that 'old' Champ feeling that was missing completely from CM4 and it's addons. I went Inter - before a Serie A ball was kicked, Mihajlovic had missed training twice, told me he was going to see out his contract and leave for nothing, accepted a mutual termination of his contract, Vieri said he doesn't like me and slapped in a transfer request.

Lovely.

It appears your reputation preceeds you mate ;)

It's officially coming out on Thursday now as well, which is nice.

Dear Sports Interactive customer.

I have some good news for you. Due to some unscrupulous retailers in Italy and Sweden who decided to start selling Football Manager 2005 early without permission, ourselves and Sega have made the decision to bring the release date of Football Manager 2005 forward to this Thursday, November 4th.

So, that means that you'll be able to buy Football Manager 2005 from this Thursday from all good, and some bad, retailers. A full list of UK and Irish retailers stocking the game can be found at http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1055

If you do not live in the UK, then the release date for the game is now thus -

4th November

Turkey
Germany
Switzerland
Benelux
Spain
Bangladesh
Hungary
Portugal
Malta
Cyprus
Israel
Italy
Singapore
Nordic
UAE
France
Iceland
Romania
Slovenia
South Africa
Greece

10th November

Czech Republic
Poland

12th November

Australia
New Zealand
South Korea

3rd December

China

To be announced

USA
South America
Canada
Japan
Indonesia
Malaysia
Thailand

We hope you enjoy Football Manager 2005 as much as we enjoy making it, and we apologise about any release date confusion - but at least it's being brought forward, rather than slipping!

Cheers

Miles

order mine off play.com and the game is at the processing stage before been sent, with a bit of luck it will be here on thursday mornin but most likely gonna be friday!

Mine was posted today from Play. The last game I got from them arrived the next day so I can but hope. Normally it takes a few days though...

Does anybody know how to play in windowed mode? I tried to add "-small_screen" but it doesn't do shit...

this game sounds good, haven't played a championship manager game in years. prob get it but not sure where im gonna find time to manage san andreas, pro evo online, cm5, my girlfriend and a job. were theres a will there a way i suppose

Kezz it may be to do with your desktop resolution, try increasing it.

I'm getting a bit fed up with certain aspects of the game already, my team constantly has stats of like:

Shots - 20
On Target - 4

They're not even long shots, they're bloody good chances. My team also seems incapable of playing well against bigger sides.

so what do uz reckon is gonna be better football manager or CM5??whats the story with these 2 are they linked in anyway?

They were, before SI games and Eidos split up. Now SI games makes FM with sega, and Eidos makes CM 5.

CM5 looks kinda dodgy and 'cheap' compared to the fancyness of FM.

I'm playing FM2005 and I'm enjoying it a lot!! That's so much you can do, there are many improvements, and the speed of the game is better too.
The videoclip thing is very funny!!
I have yet to discover so many things...still in preseason! :mrgreen:

ClassicD said:
Kezz it may be to do with your desktop resolution, try increasing it.

I'm getting a bit fed up with certain aspects of the game already, my team constantly has stats of like:

Shots - 20
On Target - 4

They're not even long shots, they're bloody good chances. My team also seems incapable of playing well against bigger sides.

Well your Celtic aren't you? :lol:

FD

I played it, got horrible CM 03/04 flashbacks, uninstalled it. Whopee.

And as for the fullscreen/windowed thing, I got an error message when I tried adding "-windowed", but when I added "-small_screen" and then changed it to windowed mode while in the game, it worked.
But bleh, here's hoping CM 5 will be more like the old versions.

anybody know steward dowling of boro good anot?like real life cos want to replace my old giggs soon...want to look for a cover and future...and also a cover for ronaldo orn the right...would love a young brtish player...also between -$4M cos my transfer budget for man u is $5...flectcher is goog but not gd enoguh....

Got it today. Not too bad, but its bringing back nightmares, like one said above, of CM 03/04. I seem to be losing interest. ONly online is worth a go really.

Back
Top Bottom