Chelsea Thread

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - @Betis 0-1 //Next - @ManU

Clockender said:
There's your unbeaten season down the pan then for another year :mrgreen:. Oh well there's always next season!

I personally don't care for stats. It's the business end of the season i'm waiting for, and hopefully more silverware.

records get you nothing my friend, only trophies....as many people have constantly told us chelsea fans in this thread.

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - @Betis 0-1 //Next - @ManU

rickyricc said:
Chelsea still miles ahead tho, pfffff!
Well we still have a game in hand which if we win, we're 7 points behind. And after beating Chelsea once, we have every right to expect the team to be able to do it again. Still so much to play for.

If the gap is still as big at the start of next year, then maybe you lot could safely say the title is yours.

noise said:
records get you nothing my friend, only trophies....as many people have constantly told us chelsea fans in this thread.
Its easy saying that once you've lost. You lot would have been so chuffed if Chelsea managed to go on a 50 game unbeaten run.

Cracking game yesterday fellas, we HAD to beat you's, doesnt really make a dent in the points difference but for our own pride/dignity and to show eveyone else how its done...

I thought a few of your players had off days but it happens, even to Chelsea....

That's true. Your season essentially hinged on that game, whereas ours didn't. And i think that was what made the difference.
In a way i'm glad we lost, because the players had to feel it. Hopefully they won't want to feel it again after last week. Now that we're the "wounded" team if you like, i reckon the next few teams are going to be in for a tough time. Newcastle at the Bridge next, isn't it? then Pompey away, then Boro at home, then Wigan at home.

Last edited:
I still think we need to find one more CF. Drogba is good this season, but he still cant get every chance to score, and besides him, I think Crespo still has not get used to the english style and C. Cole still need to learn and Gud Johnson is just fair as a CF/ST/OMF.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Cracking game yesterday fellas, we HAD to beat you's, doesnt really make a dent in the points difference but for our own pride/dignity and to show eveyone else how its done...

Oh cmon Vann beating Chelsea is so last year it must be something in the Manchester air...;)

Etoo is a good option but he doesnt liked us,well i hope we can get Shev or Trezegut hehehe...i think the current strikers that we haveare able to do the job smartly,its still early in the season.

Well he has obviously been here cuz the thread title dont show the results anymore. lol!

Could someone kindly explain why this is the case?

Im still here, just havent been posting much lately, a lot of work to do with exams etc. Thats why i stopped updating the thread's title, because it has to be done like every 3 days at times, and im really not bothered!

If your wondering about my thoughts on the United game here they are

We played OK

You guys were outstanding, Alan Smith in particular.

Those pretty much sum it up.

Am the only person who thinks F. Lampard is one of the most overrated players in the world!

Apart from a hard shot and good stamina, he ain't got much else.

lol the guy has no technique at all, i watch him in games and i think to myself if i'm only one who thinks his average!

Tell me whats so good about him!?

Hes top scorer in the premiership coming from a midfield role! In the last month alone hes had more attempts on target than any other premiership player including strikers! hes also put in nearly double the crosses than anyone else at chelsea and has the best accuracy in the chelsea team at crossing! Hes also made more passes than anyone in the premiership and is jonit top at that with a 76% accuracy! Hows that?

Stringer Bell said:
lol the guy has no technique at all, i watch him in games and i think to myself if i'm only one who thinks his average!

Tell me whats so good about him!?
are you on crack son!!! His passing is sublime, long passes, short passes, his stamina and shot are bar none in the world. The man is one of the best players in the world, his technique is superb, man not sure which lampard your watching.....

The goal he scored against Bayern in last season's CL was positively Zidane-like, the way he dragged it down, turned and shot. Had that been Zidane, most peeps would have creamed. I thought it was brilliant. It's in the ITV Champions League titles.

csaunders said:
are you on crack son!!! His passing is sublime, long passes, short passes, his stamina and shot are bar none in the world. The man is one of the best players in the world, his technique is superb, man not sure which lampard your watching.....
Don't make me laugh :D

jamie_mack said:
Hes top scorer in the premiership coming from a midfield role! In the last month alone hes had more attempts on target than any other premiership player including strikers! hes also put in nearly double the crosses than anyone else at chelsea and has the best accuracy in the chelsea team at crossing! Hes also made more passes than anyone in the premiership and is jonit top at that with a 76% accuracy! Hows that?
Yeah i give him props that his the top scorer. But i still don't think his as good as people make out to be.

All of my friends don't agree with me too, so i'm probably the only person who thinks this his average

no technique?!?!? are u serious!!!

against wales for england, he was 25 yards out, and took one step and shot, although only slightly missing the target, the goalkeeper did not move, whereas the ball was moving at a stupid pace and even andy gray was creaming about his technique describing it as 'perfect'!

noise said:
no technique?!?!? are u serious!!!

against wales for england, he was 25 yards out, and took one step and shot, although only slightly missing the target, the goalkeeper did not move, whereas the ball was moving at a stupid pace and even andy gray was creaming about his technique describing it as 'perfect'!
Notice how everyone only talks about his shooting? He's not a brilliant player. He's praised cuz he's an all rounder. He's not the best passer, defender, attacker, etc but he can atleast to everything to a level thats acceptable at even a big club like Chelsea. Its just his shooting that you can argue is his best ability. Everything after that is like a bonus.
You also have to remember that Lampard apparently missed more shots off target than anyone else in the Premiership last year so you gotta ask yourself, "if you hit that many shots, you're bound to get some in, right?"
He's a good player but not a brilliant player. I'm not trying to critisise him. But he's not a great playert because he has world class ability but really because he can do a lot more than what an ordinary player can do.

Thats my opinion BTW.

Last edited:
Yes thats true he is more special, but thats only because hes more important to Liverpool than Lampard is to Chelsea.

Im not saying that losing him to injury etc will not hurt us, of course it will, it will hurt us badly, but not as bad as a loss of Gerrard will be for Liverpool.

Think of it this way, if Lampard was a liverpudlian and Gerrard was at Chelsea, it would be Lampard who would be the more special.

Sulph said:
Yes thats true he is more special, but thats only because hes more important to Liverpool than Lampard is to Chelsea.

Im not saying that losing him to injury etc will not hurt us, of course it will, it will hurt us badly, but not as bad as a loss of Gerrard will be for Liverpool.

Think of it this way, if Lampard was a liverpudlian and Gerrard was at Chelsea, it would be Lampard who would be the more special.
Agree with everything except the bit in bold cuz thats the difference. His club means more to Gerrard than it does to Lampard. Gerrard also puts more heart into games too. Plus Gerrard is the captain, Lampard isnt.
And Gerrard is also a better motivator than Lampard which explains why Terry is the captain at Chelsea and not Lampard.

Yeah i geuss thast true, but what i meant was if Lamps was the captain of Liverpool and in the same situation he is, eg coming to the club when he was 8, then he probably would have the same effect.

Also, it doesent mean that Gerr is a better motivator. Terry could be a better motivator than both, which could explain why hes captain, it doesnt mean Lampard is less of a motivator than Gerrard.

Eg.

Statement 1 Gerrard is a good motivator.
Statement 2 Terry is a better motivator than Lampard.

It does not mean that Lampard is less of a motivator than Gerrard. Terry could be better than both for all i care.

TERRY FOR ENGLAND CAPTAIN

Back
Top Bottom