Champions League 2012/13

congratulations to both teams and Bundesliga, Germany... i realy hope you guys will have a great world cup, you deserve to win it in 2014 realy...with this football and so much "Pech" in 2002, 2006 and 2010..hope next World Cup will be yours.

Thanks for your kind words, but I think we weren't unlucky in the WCs from 2002 to 2010, each time at least one mistake was made that decided the tournament.

Nevertheless, think we have one of these rare occasions which are called "golden generation". Now that the first international club title since 2001 was won by a German team it's time for us to win a WC or EC title.

A team that plays 3 finals in 4 years deserve to win a CL. Dortmund started like a rocket, but Bayern were the better team in the second half.
I have nothing against Bayern, but i supported Dortmund. To be fair, Bayern deserved to win the match. Both teams were close, but Bayern were better by a small margin.

All this said, it is said that once again the ref had a bad match.
Ribery should have been sent off for his retaliation on Lewandowski.
Dante did not deserve a red card (what led to the penalty was a foul but IMO it was an unintentional foul and maybe not a red card, on the other hand what he did was dangerous and excessive).
The Lewandowski-Boateng thing. Well, i might be biased because i supported Dortmund, but IMO Boateng "blocked" Lewandowski when het was on the ground...Lewandowski wanted to break free and then Boateng held his (Lewandowski) between both his (Boateng) legs...Lewandowski stepped on Boateng, but i'm not sure if he did that on purpose and it might have been caused by Boateng himself. That is a 50-50 decision for a red card or not...as a ref i would not be sure.

But in the end: well deserved win for Bayern both on this match and on what this generation did in the last years...slowly becoming the best team in Europe. A deserved reward also for German football that has become very attractive. Congratulations to our German friends and let them enjoy it. Congratulations also to Dortmund. I enjoyed their football.

Dortmund were unlucky, they had a lot of the ball in the early part of the first half if they had scored first it could have been very different. They also had a great chance after they made it 1-1 but the winger was through yet he sort of dawdled on the ball, I thought Lewandowski had a poor game by his normal standards, although he did have a good finish for the handball goal.

I can't believe Dortmund will almost certainly be a pot 3 team in next season's group stage (if any one of Milan, Schalke, Arsenal, Valencia*, Zenit, Metalist Kharkiv, PSV make it through qualification - and it's certain at least one will - then Dortmund will be bumped down to pot 3). There will almost certainly be 2-3 groups of death for next year: You could the following: (Man Utd, Atletico, Dortmund, Napoli) (Barca, Milan, Man City, Copenhagen) (Bayern, Shakhtar, Juventus, Fenerbache). I'm all for exciting groups but UEFA's ranking isn't really that great, if they want to take the 5 year history then they really should weight the years in terms of time so last year has more impact than 5 years ago.

*Assuming Valencia finish ahead of Socieded (they are level in La Liga with 2 games left)

What a final yesterday. My strong dislike for Robben and Ribery, and the fact that I love the football played by Jurgen Klopp's men made me support Dortmund. But Bayern were too much for them in the end. Subotic was superb and saved a certain goal before Robben scored the 2nd.

I think Dortmund was not mature enough for the final. After they were level they still kept taking unnecessary risks for quite a while before plugging the gaps at the back. There was a bit of naivety from them. But they started the match in such a brilliant manner that it almost paid off. That Neuer save was crucial in the 1st half.

Moreover, I think Ribery walked on thin ice during most of the match and he shouldn't have been on the pitch to assist Robben's goal. The same could apply to Dante (although I think a yellow would have been harsh for that clumsy penalty, it's debatable).

Anyways, if not for what they done in that match, Bayern deserved it after reaching 3 out of the last 4 finals. Finally they got it! So congrats to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLBCGU1tK2U
not trying to sound like an ass here, but subotic deserves no praise at all for that save. that scoring chance infact was entirely "on him". being caught so much off position is something almost amateurish.
terrible decision making and awareness by him on that occasion.
the fact that he somehow managed to remedy his own (huge) mistake with that sliding tackle obviously turned him into some sort of a hero, but that is just bad defending really.
episodes like this one clearely show how little football commentators know about defending.

is schmelzer the one who made the first sliding tackle? coz that is another huge mistake in that situation.

anyway very enjoyable final. i feel sorry for borussia, but bayern deserved it. :))

About the first goal I dunno if he could have stopped it, if you look at the replay Robben's pass clips the under-heel of Weidenfeller and that takes the speed off the ball and wrong foots the Dortmund defender covering the goal mouth.

I thought it was quite a boring first half, it got much better in the second though.

That is strange, IMO the first half was much better than the second. It was a pretty even, intense and good match...perhaps not one we will remember 10 years on, but which CL final really was ?

I can think of two: Liverpool's comeback and the final between Munchen and United in Barcelona. Both finals are memorable because of the sensational comebacks, not because of the quality of the football.

I just didn't get that excited at all in the first half a few good shots and saves though.

Yeah I think it's just major final syndrome for me, a lot of them are let downs. I didn't think it was a great match, maybe it was the frame of mind I was in, I was really tired and the games start at 9:45 here which is a pain in the arse.

Also I didn't have anything invested in the game, usually I can find something to want a team to really lose or win, but I really didn't mind (I wanted Dortmund to win a bit more).

The Lewandowski-Boateng thing. Well, i might be biased because i supported Dortmund, but IMO Boateng "blocked" Lewandowski when het was on the ground...Lewandowski wanted to break free and then Boateng held his (Lewandowski) between both his (Boateng) legs...Lewandowski stepped on Boateng, but i'm not sure if he did that on purpose and it might have been caused by Boateng himself. That is a 50-50 decision for a red card or not...as a ref i would not be sure.
it's pretty obvious that Lewandowski knew exactly what he was doing. Totally unfair action.
YouTube - Robert Lewandowski Foul on Jerome Boateng (Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich) 25-05-2013

it's pretty obvious that Lewandowski knew exactly what he was doing. Totally unfair action.
YouTube - Robert Lewandowski Foul on Jerome Boateng (Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich) 25-05-2013

Is it ? I'm not convinced...not an obvious red card for me. You can give, but it's not obvious to me...
Anyway it's not that important, IMO Bayern deserved to win, both for what they did the last seasons and over that single match (although the difference was marginal).

Yeah I think it's just major final syndrome for me, a lot of them are let downs. I didn't think it was a great match, maybe it was the frame of mind I was in, I was really tired and the games start at 9:45 here which is a pain in the arse.

finals aren't usually the most entertaining games. there's too much at stake to witness some quality football. add that to the obvious expectations surrounding such games and the hype that builds up over the weeks, and the result is almost always disappointing.
however, keeping that in mind, and comparing it to the last CL finals, i found the match quite entertaining (for a final, at least) :))

What? I think this was one of the best finals in the last decade. There was no defensive tactic and both teams tried their best to score goals. What is your definition of "playing football"?

What? I think this was one of the best finals in the last decade. There was no defensive tactic and both teams tried their best to score goals. What is your definition of "playing football"?

You didnt understand me.
I mean,this was one of best finals in some years,i really enjoyed.
I just want to explain that its normal for finals to be "boring" (didnt mean FCB vs BVB). :)

It will be funny if UEFA retrospectivly ban him - he could end up missing the first two CL games next season - for Bayern!
Yup :P I still hope he won't join Bayern's team anyway, but according to transfermarkt.de chances that he will are at 73%. For the next season, he would be the third new player after Götze and Kirchhoff with Nike as personal sponsor, but Bayern has close ties with adidas, that's another reason that would speak against him.

It was a great final and both goalies were superb.

Why did Gundogan take penalty instead of Lewandowski by the way?

Robben and Ribery made up for some past mistakes especially Robben, you could tell that final and goal meant so much to him!

And yeah while I don't think Dante deserved a red card, most refs would do it since it's a penalty and second offense. That could've totally changed things but all in all Bayern deserve it and were the best team in Europe surely this year.

Jupp Heynckes couldn't have gone out in a better way. Pep Guardiola has big shoes to fill.

Lewandowski missed a penalty against Neuer earlier that's why he didn't take it, Neuer had the psychological advantage over him which led to Gündogan taking it.

Back
Top Bottom