Champions League 2012/13

cfdh_edmundo

Maverick
30 December 2002
With the dust barely settled on Chelsea's historic win in Munich, the pots for the Champions League seeding are nearly confirmed:

Pot 1
Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Arsenal, FC Porto, AC Milan

Pot 2
Valencia, Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St. Petersburg, Schalke 04, Manchester City, Braga*, Dinamo Kiev*

Pot 3
Olympiakos, Ajax, Basel*, Panathinikos*, Anderlecht*, Juventus, Spartak Msc*, Copenhagen*,

Pot 4
Paris SG, Galatasaray, Celtic*, Dortmund, BATE*, Salzburg*, Montpellier, Nordsjælland,

Teams with * have to go through qualification. Any teams not shown above (Fenerbahce, Udinese, Lille, Malaga, Gladbach, Din. Zagreb, Partizan) still have to qualify and will almost certainly be in pot 4 if they make it, there is a slim chance Fener could make pot 3 but it would require a lot of upsets in the playoff round. If a * team is eliminated, one from the pot below will take it's place - e.g. Braga dont make it, Olympiakos go to pot 2.

Last edited:
Potential group of death:

Real Madrid
Man City
Juventus
Dortmund

Potential group of "life"

Porto
Olympiacos (assuming Braga or Kiev are eliminated so they get up to pot 2)
Basel
Nordsjælland

I just wish Juve and Arsenal don't draw eachother. :P

Hope this group for Montpellier and I hope they'll finish at least at the 3rd place so they play Europa League :)

Montpellier
Juventus
Manchester City
Real Madrid

Last edited:
And also teams from same Pot can't be in the same group (BATE - Montpellier - Nordsjaelland) :p

I hope we go to the Pot 2 and get this group:
FC Porto
Olympiakos
Basel
Nordsjaelland or Dortmund (we owe them for last year) or BATE or Salzburg (if they make it)

If we end up in the Pot 3 then:
FC Porto
Dynamo Kiev
Olympiakos
Same as above

I would like;

Arsenal
Benfica
Ajax
Celtic

That would be a good group to have not the easiest and should have some good games, but ultimately Arsenal get through....hopefully :DD

I'd rather we had a hard group so we don't end up playing like we did last year and getting knocked out.

Fergie underestimated the teams we played.

How did Manchester City make it into pot 2 so quick?

And some scary groups can happen. Juve is pot 3 and Dortmund in 4. PSG with Ancelotti and some big signings this summer.

First qualifying round

F91 Dudelange
lux.png
11:0 (7:0)
smr.png
Tre Penne

FC Valletta
mlt.png
9:0 (8:0)
and.png
Lusitanos

Linfield
nir.png
0:0 (0:0)
fro.png
B36 Tórshavn

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Second qualifying round

Skënderbeu Korçë
alb.png
1:3 (1:0)
hun.png
Debrecen

Maribor
svn.png
6:2 (4:1)
bih.png
Željezničar

Žilina
svk.png
1:2 (1:0)
isr.png
Ironi Kiryat Shmona

BATE Borisov
blr.png
3:2 (3:2)
mkd.png
Vardar

AEL Limassol
cyp.png
3:0 (3:0)
nir.png
Linfield

Shamrock Rovers
irl.png
1:2 (0:0)
ltu.png
Ekranas

Flora Tallinn
est.png
0:5 (0:2)
sui.png
Basel

The New Saints
wal.png
0:3 (0:0)
swe.png
Helsingborg

HJK
fin.png
9:1 (7:0)
isl.png
KR

Molde
nor.png
4:1 (3:0)
LVA.png
Ventspils

F91 Dudelange
lux.png
4:4 (1:0)
aut.png
Red Bull Salzburg

Slovan Liberec
cze.png
2:1 (1:0)
kaz.png
Shakhter Karagandy

Ludogorets Razgrad
bul.png
3:4 (1:1)
cro.png
Dinamo Zagreb

Neftchi Baku
aze.png
5:2 (3:0)
geo.png
Zestafoni

Ulisses
arm.png
0:2 (0:1)
mda.png
Sheriff Tiraspol

Valletta
mlt.png
2:7 (1:4)
srb.png
Partizan

Budućnost Podgorica
mne.png
1:2 (0:2)
pol.png
Śląsk Wrocław

* In parentheses are the results of the first matches.

Last edited:
wtf Red bull salzburg lost 4-4 to that team from luxembourg:SHOCK::SHOCK:
I am also was very surprised. But you can look at it another way, today, these guys gave their country such holiday, which she has never happened before. Well done guys! The next Dudelange's opponent is the Slovenian Maribor, who defeated in two matches Bosnian club Željezničar. Chances against the Slovenes they have little, but if they play as well as against Salzburg, we will can see the first Luxembourg's club for at least the group stage of the Europa League. I hope that so it will happen. :D

Last edited:
Debrecen is through to the next round! ummm there is only 3 round before the gs matches? but..umm i can see a play-off round on soccerway what is that?

i see so there are 2 teams left to beat for them and then in the play off they'll get a top team i guess
Indeed, but they will can directly get into the group stage of Europa League, if they will lose in the playoff of qualifying round of the Champions League. It is smaller, but at least something.

I am also was very surprised. But you can look at it another way, today, these guys gave their country such holiday, which she has never happened before. Well done guys! The next Dudelange's opponent is the Slovenian Maribor, who defeated in two matches Bosnian club Željezničar. Chances against the Slovenes they have little, but if they play as well as against Salzburg, we will can see the first Luxembourg's club for at least the group stage of the Europa League. I hope that so it will happen. :D

it's weird that dudelange have to play maribor again.. last season they lost 5-1(agg). it will be a great story if they can beat them this time.

Back
Top Bottom