Maribor (SLV) vs Dudelange (LUX)
BATE (BLR) vs Debrecen (HUN)
Cluj (ROM) vs Liberec (CZE)
Anderlecht (BEL) vs Ekranes (LTH)
Wroclaw (POL) vs Helsingborgs (SWE)
Sheriff (MLD) vs Dn. Zagreb (HRV)
Celtic (SCO) vs HJK (FIN)
Molde (NOR) vs Basel (SWT)
Zilina (SVK) or Ironi KS (ISR) vs Neftchi Baku (AZE)
Limassol (CYP) vs Partizan (SRB)

Non Champions:

Fenerbahce (TUR) vs Vaslui (ROM)
Motherwell (SCO) vs Panathinaikos (GRE)
Kobenhaven (DEN) vs Club Bruges (BEL)
Dn. Kiev (UKR) vs Fejenoord (NED)

Third qualifying round
Champions Route

Maribor
svn.png
5:1 (4:1)
lux.png
F91 Dudelange

BATE Borisov
blr.png
3:1 (1:1)
hun.png
Debrecen

CFR Cluj
rou.png
3:1 (1:0)
cze.png
Slovan Liberec

Anderlecht
bel.png
11:0 (5:0)
ltu.png
Ekranas

Śląsk Wrocław
pol.png
1:6 (0:3)
swe.png
Helsingborg

Sheriff Tiraspol
mda.png
0:5 (0:1)
cro.png
Dinamo Zagreb

Celtic
sco.png
4:1 (2:1)
fin.png
HJK

Molde
nor.png
1:2 (0:1)
sui.png
Basel

Ironi Kiryat Shmona
isr.png
6:2 (4:0)
aze.png
Neftchi

AEL Limassol
cyp.png
2:0 (1:0)
srb.png
Partizan

League Route

Fenerbahçe
tur.png
5:2 (1:1)
rou.png
Vaslui

Motherwell
sco.png
0:5 (0:2)
gre.png
Panathinaikos

Copenhagen
den.png
3:2 (0:0)
bel.png
Club Brugge

Dynamo Kyiv
ukr.png
3:1 (2:1)
ned.png
Feyenoord

* In parentheses are the results of the first matches.

Last edited:
Partizan will be very disappointed.

Feyenoord were close but I think against Dynamo Kiev, they were underdogs anyway and not 'expected' to qualify. Would've been nice to see them there though!

Basel with a bit of scare as well! They made it however to 4th round.

How many qualifying rounds are there before group stages? Two more?

Partizan will be very disappointed.

Feyenoord were close but I think against Dynamo Kiev, they were underdogs anyway and not 'expected' to qualify. Would've been nice to see them there though!

Basel with a bit of scare as well! They made it however to 4th round.

How many qualifying rounds are there before group stages? Two more?
One, playoffs round, and next will the group stage. ;)

Champions Route
Basle (SWZ) v Cluj (ROM)
Helsingborgs (SWE) v Celtic (SCO)
BATE Borisov (BLR) v Hapoel Shimona (ISR)
AEL Limassol (CYP) v Anderlecht (BEL)
Dinamo Zagreb (HRV) v Maribor (SLV)

Non Champion Route
Braga (POR) v Udinese (ITA)
Spartak (RUS) v Fenerbache (TUR)
Malaga (ESP) v Panathinikos (GRC)
B. Gladbach (GER) v Dinamo Kiev (UKR)
Lille (FRA) v Kobenhaven (DEN)

5 teams made it through to CL group stages last night while 5 like Udinese had their dreams dashed.

5 more teams will make it tonight and some intriguing battles!

Probably the most intense and close one may be the two rich giants of Turkey and Russia!

Spartak travel to Istanbul to face Fenerbahce! Less than an hour away! This one should be a WAR! I can't wait! :D

Basel vs. Cluj should be interesting as well and Lille have to get a home result against Copenhagen which I feel they are capable of.

Celtic and Dynamo Kiev's lead from 1st leg and home advantage is probably too much for Helsingborg and M'Gladbach but stranger things have happened!

Anyone else excited for these games?!

I'm more interested for the Gladbach vs D.Kiev match, as a qualification for Gladbach means that Olympiakos goes to the 2nd pot in the forthcoming draw. However, Gladbach really messed up at home and it's going to be difficult.

After that, I would like Samaras to give another good perfomance for Celtic like he did last week.

All tonight matches are interesting, will Copenhagen complete their mission against Lille? Will last year's Basel wake up and go through? Will we see Moussa Sow and Dirk Kuyt in the CL Group stage? Interesting night tonight.

I'll follow Lille vs Copenhagen to see if Lille has really the guts to make it to the CL group stages and also see the new stadium (yes shame on me I haven't seen it yet :( )

Yeah it should be some interesting and INTENSE matches tonight!

So much is on the line for all teams and players!

Never thought, I'd ever write this, but I hope the "Bauern vom Niederrhein" - outside of Germany known as Gladbach - will make it. The more German teams in the CL, the better. And we already have enough teams in the EL this year.

@PLF: Moscow to Istanbul in less than one hour? I have no idea about how far these cities are away from each other, but travelling between them in less than one hour seems a bit too fast to me.

I meant the game is less than one hour away from kick-off, sorry. :P
And what a game! INTENSE 1st half just as expected!

Alex is missing and you can feel it! His magical touch, his vision, creativity, his INFLUENCE as captain of Fenerbahce! But he's fallen out with coach and is on the bench again.

To make matters worse, it's been a poor first half performance and Milos Krasic went out injured after pulling his hamstring after 13 mins!

McGeady has had a tremendous 1st half as has Ari and most Spartak players.

Demy De Zeeuw needs to watch out though! Already on a yellow card and cautioned and yet he looks like committing a serious foul every time he challenges for the ball.

It'll be a crazy 2nd half and I envision a red card one way or another. Let's see who the dumb undisciplined player who will cost his team is and which of the two teams he plays for. :P

10 more minutes for Gladbach to score the winning goal in case anyone is interested.

Edit: 15 mins later...well it didnt happen

Last edited:
Well, Gladbach can enter the EL with their heads up high, delivered a good match, but weren't as effective as Dynamo, which is the result of their inexperience when it comes to matches on international stages.

Back
Top Bottom