Champions League 2011/12

OH MY GOD !! That was an absolute THRILLER !! Both teams deserved to win but there could only be one winner. Congratulations Bavarians !!

from neutral view i have to say Bayern were phenomenal, should have win it with all the chances...Lahm, man of the match together with Alaba...

watch big clubs wanting this kid in summer...with United and Barca in need of a left back...amazing young player

The better team won.

Real were superior ONLY in the 30 mins of extra time and that was largely due to fresh legs of Kaka and Higuain and Granero providing movement. I couldn't believe Jupp Heynckes made only ONE change in 120 mins of football! Bayern looked VERY tired in extra time and really could've used a fresh pair of legs like Olic's. That could've been very costly!

But over the two 90 mins of first and 2nd leg, 180 minutes, Bayern were the better team. Not only today but in Munich of course as well.

I think many were under-estimating Bayern when the tie was made and now they know better.

They will be big favourites against Chelsea at home.

Another AMAZING performance from David Alaba! Felt bad for him getting that yellow card for the penalty early on. He couldn't have done anything about it. Di Maria shot in his hand which wasn't even extended. Penalty? Sure but no yellow card especially since shot was going wide. Will he miss the final? Or is it just Gustavo and Badstuber who'll miss it for Bayern?

two wonderful spectacles! shame you rarely get that kind of entertainment in football outside of the CL semis.

how good was marcelo, though? bosslike performance, the ref too, he practically forced the players to actually PLAY and keep on doing so.

the müller sub didn't help bayern at all, though. rather disrupted their game and they hardly got near real's penalty box from the moment he came on.

will be interesting to see both teams with makeshift defenses in the final. i predict an extreme game, either goalfest due to shake defenses or overcautious approaches from both sides (can't really believe bayern will be cautious, though).

Last edited:
I have one picture for all

gomezvsreal.jpg

:BYE::BYE::BYE::BYE::BYE:

La Décima must wait. :( Fantastic game, great atmosphere, intense pace and a well deserved winner. Congrats to Bayern Munich and all their fans.

"Football is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins." Yeah, about right.

Now I only hope to see a good final and Torres to score an hat-trick. :P

Breaking News : Sergio Ramos' penalty has just landed. :LOL:

No, you're wrong, it has just collided with the ball that David Beckham sent to space in Euro 2004 quarter final against Portugal. :LOL:

Congratulations to Bayern :))

What a first 45! It was obviously going to cool down otherwise one side would have blown it by being too reckless so it turned cagey after that.

I new Cristiano would miss his 2nd pen, fortunately for me I wasn't worried if he did this time and unlike the last time it did cost him today.

Back
Top Bottom