Champions League 2009-10

Yeah I think he was already booked earlier, so if it had been a yellow it would have been (2 yellows = 1 red).

I still can't believe what play-acting it was from Busquets, hopefully he will have now "earnt" a reputation and will find it hard to make such histrionics and gain illegitmate free kicks from now on. I dont like Real Madrid all that much but I almost want them to win the Liga ahead of Barca just as pennance for such poor play-acting.

barcass.jpg

Interesting how the CL Final will pit Lucio against his former club. This will be huge for him, as he has a point to prove. Louis Van Gaal clearly doesn't like Brazilian players and Lucio (even though he's at the top of his game now) got the boot as soon as Van Gaal arrived as manager. Not only he dislikes Brazilians, but I think generally speaking Van Gaal is a class A arrogant cunt. I hope his team gets trashed by Inter... 4-0 would be sweet. Go Lucio :)

Interesting how the CL Final will pit Lucio against his former club. This will be huge for him, as he has a point to prove. Louis Van Gaal clearly doesn't like Brazilian players and Lucio (even though he's at the top of his game now) got the boot as soon as Van Gaal arrived as manager. Not only he dislikes Brazilians, but I think generally speaking Van Gaal is a class A arrogant cunt. I hope his team gets trashed by Inter... 4-0 would be sweet. Go Lucio :)

Funny you say that, because I follow my club day in day out and find Van Gaal to be a down to earth, thoroughly nice person. Mourinho on the other hand ...
Lucio played and awful last year, by the way, him speaking of disrespectful behavior when Van Gaal told him he would have to prove himself anew was pretty damn inappropriate, if you ask me, and the guy was my favorite player.

Funny you say that, because I follow my club day in day out and find Van Gaal to be a down to earth, thoroughly nice person. Mourinho on the other hand ...
Lucio played and awful last year, by the way, him speaking of disrespectful behavior when Van Gaal told him he would have to prove himself anew was pretty damn inappropriate, if you ask me, and the guy was my favorite player.

I've got nothing against Bayern (in fact, rooted for them in the 99 and 2001 finals) but I really really dislike Van Gaal. To be honest, I don't know how he's been behaving lately (I haven't been following like you). Maybe he is not as arrogant nowadays, after he had to manage AZ Alkmaar, but anyone who remembers his behaviour when he managed Barcelona in the late 90's & early 00's would know that he was arrogant and far too stubborn for his own good. At that time he had like 20 Dutch players in that squad and was over protective of them. Rivaldo was the best player in the world then, but Van Gaal declared that he was no better than Bolo Zenden :LOL: Laughable stuff.

So when the guy was appointed to manage Bayern, no coincidence the Brazilian players were the first to leave (Ze Roberto and Lucio). I don't know what Lucio told the press, but if I was him I'd be pissed off too, after being a top player for Bayern and to receive this treatment. Anyway, in the end Lucio is better off IMO. Will be interesting to see how he plays that final.

Hi lads, I was in the stadium and I already knew Busquets was doing his usual. I totally hate this player, I hate divers so Busquets and Alves (while Alves being a great player) are not in my list. But Busquets does nothing but that all the time. I can't understand what Pep sees in him. I don't get it. He's ashaming.

That said, you should also see how the Inter players acted from minute 1 to 90, every contact was them having a heartattack and falling to the floor. Every damn time. I think I saw a statistic that only 45 minutes were played during the whole match.

I think both teams played badly. Inter has shot 5 times in 180 minutes and scored 3 (1 in offside), we have shot 20 times (but only 5 good chances) and scored 2 (1 in offside). So overall, pretty tied and the luckiest team went on. Luck is important. We made it in Stamford Bridge last year because of luck (Chelsea was way better than us). So now it's time to Inter to take profit of that luck.

Congrats to Inter and Bayern fans, and hope you enjoy your final!

PS: The stadium was full and the ambience was spectacular. When Bojan scored the secondth (which was disallowed fairly, I think) many people thought the miracle had been done. You should see the faces. Even with the elimination, these are the matches that make fans of football.

Very fair comment drekkard. Don't worry with this team Barcelona will win other CL's.

About Busquets, i also prefer Yaya Touré by far. But all the fuzz about his diving is exagerated. This happens all the time. Now he has the bad luck that it was captured on camera (and it does look absolutely ridiculous), but you could make the same reels about every football player who plays at this level.

About Van Gaal: he's a nice down to earth guy who simply became fed up with the press in Spain. IMO Van Gaal (together with Wenger) is the best possible coach for young players. I think he did spectacularly good in Munchen: he brought a couple of very good young players in the first team and the squad. Schweinsteiger is absolutely brilliant since Van Gaal is Bayern's coach. Reaching the final with this team is a phenomenal achievement.

And despite all the fuzz i'm pretty sure that the influence of the coach is much more determinate at Bayern than in Inter's case.

I just read that Inter will be getting 5000 tickets for the final... are they only allocating 5000 per team??? That seems low for such a big stadium...

It's absolutely extraordinary, for the first time there will be two consecutive trebles in Europe. What seemed very hard to accomplish this year will be, because any of the contenders will win the treble if they win the final. I still don't know if it's due to the crisis making the big teams much better than the rest or a simply coincidence. But anyhow, it's bloody difficult to win a treble.

I wouldn't say so. Bayern isn't that much reliant on Ribéry anymore like the last 2 seasons. In the past there only was Ribéry doing brilliant actions, now we've also got Robben, Olic and maybe Müller, being in extraordinary good shape. Of course, it's very bad for Bayern playing the final without Ribéry but I wouldn't call it an advantage for Inter. Bayern's offense is still strong!

I expect a very close match. I think the team scoring first will win the cup! Hopefully it's Bayern. :))

Of course Bayern has other ways of being dangerous other than Franck, but yes, I would say, not having Ribery there is advantage Inter because that's one less key game-changing player, Mourinho has to worry about.

Just like if Robben was also missing or if Sneijder or Milito were missing, the other team would benefit.

Ribery hasn't really hit peak form but he's a very good player so could have been the an extra worry, I think its pretty clear the main danger man is Robben though, in fantastic form.

I think Inter will win, depending on if they can nulify Robben the same way they did Messi.

Yeah, that's what I worry about. Inter's defense is extremely strong and Mourinho knows how to chose the right tactics. I'm sure he has a good methode, nullifying Robben. Let's see if it's´gonna work. ;) But I guess, it's nearly impossible stopping Robben for 90 minutes.

Inter nullified Messi because he was being played in the centre, in a AMC position unlike 08/09 where he was on the right wing. Robben is still playing there so it will be a different story with bayern.

I still think every1 is creating a great aura around Inter, making them a bigger team then they really are and it almost seems like they already have the game won. I don't think Bayern will be that easy to break through but lets just wait.. But still the pressure that Mourinho should be "absorbing" is all going towards Inter.

Very disappointing game so far.

One of the poorest finals in recent memory.

But Mourinho's sides seem to suck the life out of any spectacle.

But Mourinho's sides seem to suck the life out of any spectacle.

I'd call that quality. The defense was rock-solid most of the time and their counterattacks devastating. Deserved win after all.
In the end Ribery really was missing, because most of the time our offense was in possession of the ball struggling to figure out a way to break through the Inter wall. Robben was the only one constantly trying and succeeding, a second player of his caliber on the other side would've helped a lot.

whenever i see teams like success-buying teams play, but specially when i see mourinho's teams play i just feel it's cheating.
a very illustrative moment was when there was a bayern counter-attack but inter had 6! men defending.

anyways, congrats to box-head chivu at least.

yeah, genius manager. buy some great attacking players who get goals by them selfs, get yourself some great defenders. defend with 6-7 players, wait for the remainder to spark some magic, then defend your ass-off. they parked their plane in front of the goal. but needless to say it's their win, a win they fought hard for and worked their asses off. winner takes it all. congratulation.

still that's cheating the game :)

Last edited:
i wrote this many times in my previous posts,i would not let Müller play in any 2nd leauge team in the world but he is playing in Bayern first 11,this is like a joke...2 Attack 2 Goal from Inter,Bayern didnt do anything special either,would love to see Barca-Manu Final instead of these poor teams..

Back
Top Bottom