• Mozambique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabon

• Malawi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The standard of this year's tournament has been quite poor compared to past CANs.

Algeria's temperament was quite poor towards the end and will Gedo finally get a chance to start, in the final?

Top scorer with 4 goals, all after coming off the bench.

i am not a fan of either Egypt or Algeria but...

i realy think Algeria will win..they play beautifull football and also they dont give up..like after Keita goal..

this will be fantastic match and the better will win..

i think u must be egypt fan now pipa :DD

-------------------

it was a great match :WORSHIP:

Egypt for the win I guess. Only Algeria and maybe Ghana can stop strong Egypt.

hope egypt win final match .. god with them

new movie " who can beat them ? :D "

-----------------------------------------

hoping that :: :))

Champion : " Egypt "
Pest Player : " Ahmed Hassan"
Top Scorer : " Gedo "
Best Goalkeeper : " Essam El Hadary "

god with all of them to win 7th cup & 3rd cup sequently 06 - 08 - 2010

Last edited:
Hey guys, I need your help. In the game Egypy v Cameeron, after Egypt's 3rd goal, they showed the fans of cameroon. I really thought one of them looked just like Dave Chappelle. But unfortunately, I was not able to find any footage to confitrm my suspicion. I was wondering if yall saw anything like this or you guys know any videos to check.

Yeah, I know, it was just a sarcastic remark about Blatter.

But the question is, are Egypt the best team in Africa?

If they are, then why are they ranked lower than a team like Cameroon?

They seem to have a low profile in these rankings and awards because of the fact most of them play in their home league, which is very unfair IMO.
because the fifa ranking does not really show who's better than who. I don't think it's possible to make a fair ranking of more than 200 teams that can't play against every other team.
but the number of egyptians playing in europe does not have any influance in this ranking. in the fifa official web site you can find the calculation wich is basically 0 point for a loss, 1 for a draw , 3 for a win and coefficient for the opponent strenght and the type of game (beating brazil gives more points than beating malta, and a friendly can't give the same amount of point than a world cup game).
this said to me what's obvious is that egypt has the best league in africa and it makes them desearve to have this national team.
I morocco most people wanted algeria to win but I was rather supporting Egypt cause it's the good example to follow.
While Algeria just like Morocco is using players who were not good enough to play for France, Egypt has not to knock on doors and kiss player's feet to have them accept to play for them.

I think this tournament showed the relative weakness of African football.
The best team does not participate to the World Cup.
The player that has all the records was only a bench warmer in...Belgium (Ahmed Hossan at Anderlecht).
I love African football, but i think things are not looking good for African football (and boy would i be happy if it turns out that i'm wrong).
Egypt won it deservedly, but they are the best among a very weak crop.
This will always be the tournament of the shocking goal keeping and defensive errors. I wonder if the ball is to blame...this is more serious than it may sound, but the design on the ball seems very confusing to me...when watching television you have the impression there is something wrong with the ball...i think it's the design...it is very confusing.

The decision to ban Togo is foolish, this clearly shows that idiots are ruling football.

" who can beat them ? :D "
-----------------------------------------

hoping that :: :))

Champion : " Egypt "
Pest Player : " Ahmed Hassan"
Top Scorer : " Gedo "
Best Goalkeeper : " Essam El Hadary "

+ Fair Player : " Ahmed Fathi "

EGYPT Won 4 of 5 african MONDIALIST :WORSHIP:

championship of records ;)

I think this tournament showed the relative weakness of African football.
The best team does not participate to the World Cup.
The player that has all the records was only a bench warmer in...Belgium (Ahmed Hossan at Anderlecht).
I love African football, but i think things are not looking good for African football (and boy would i be happy if it turns out that i'm wrong).
Egypt won it deservedly, but they are the best among a very weak crop.
This will always be the tournament of the shocking goal keeping and defensive errors. I wonder if the ball is to blame...this is more serious than it may sound, but the design on the ball seems very confusing to me...when watching television you have the impression there is something wrong with the ball...i think it's the design...it is very confusing.

The decision to ban Togo is foolish, this clearly shows that idiots are ruling football.
1 - Ahmed Hassan was not a bench warmer in Anderlecht he was a key player respected by fans and team mates. I'm surprised to read such comment form someone living in Belgium.
2 - the fact that Egypt won the title without qualifying to world cup just shows there is more than 5 good teams in africa.
3 - this CAN was not good mainly because of the altitude and the fields. the best games were in Lubango and the worst in Cabinda and Luanda where the pitchs were awfull. previous CAN had better fields and better games and of course no altitude problems.
This is the main problem in Africa and that's why teams with players based in Europe have hard time there. Egypt do well because most of their players play in egyptian league and have played many games in African Champions League before joining the NT.

Pogoss, in his last year Hassan was a bench warmer at Anderlecht. It even surprised me, because yes, the first two years he was a key player.
In his last season he was outstanding in the Cup final and that was it.

I don't want to discuss point 2 and 3, i hope you are right but i'm afraid African football will not have a good World Cup and i'm the one who always supports the African teams if Belgium isn't participating.

Let it be a consolation that i'm very lousy at predictions...i thought Mali would win this CAN...

I was following Anderlecht because of Boussoufa and I remember he was injuried in his last year and that was a pain for anderlecht. by the way, if I use the same logic you used in the previous post, boussoufa who is one of the best players in Belgium is only a bench warmer when he's called in Moroccan NT wich wasn't even able to qualify to this CAN.
In football we can't use mathematical logic.
as far as it concerns predictions I knew very few people betting on Mali despite the famous names they have in their squad.

Well Pogoss, i think that says an awfull lot about the Belgian competition: it is rubbish.
I think Boussoufa would be nothing more than a sqaud player in France, let alone the big competitions....
I think he's an attractive player, but aside from one great match against Bordeaux, he has been mediocre in Europe. He's decisive in Belgium, but for a player with his reputation he's underachieving in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom