Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Special_One

I like Unicorns
17 August 2007
Cascais
Estoril | Knicks
C'mon guys let's talk about the beauty of football instead of the tragedy with Togo's selection.

So, expections, surprises, deceptions, everything you want to say about CAN here.

Let's celebrate the football and Africa!

My favorite african team is Cameroon,and I hope they will win, and I know they can!
But there is a lot of good teams so we will see...

Oh really? He is one of my favourites african players, I still remember some magical moments in CAN 2006, he was great too in 2008 but in 2006 was simply classy.

I think the main favourites are Côte d'Ivoire although it's known that the WC teams used to fail in CAN. I will root for them and for Mozambique (little chances but ok).

Ivory Coast for sure. With players like: Drogba, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Salomon Kalou, Kader Keita, Gervinho, Zokora, Romaric. They have the best players IMO.

I think the teams taht will go to the Wc will disappoint, so my favourites for the CAN are Mali.
Very strong team and also focussed, because they will not go to the WC in South Africa.

It's a bit fishy to me that Egypt can walk through the Nations Cup and then completely struggle in WC Qualifiers.

Anyways, just watched a bit of Angola v Mali and I can honestly say me and my mates play better quality football.

Really enjoyed the opening game, fast paced, some good goals, alot of action, not match the Algeria - Malawi game yet, the Ivory Coast game wasn't as good fair play to Burkino Faso for getting the point, was very surprised Ivory Coast didn't score in the first half and were poor in the second.

Egypt prove again that it's better to have the best league in africa than having players in Real Madrid an Barcelona !

It's early days to say that...
Well considering the fact Egypt have also won the last two CAN's as well as the quality of Egyptian football, he's spot on!

Although I'd love to see more players from Egypt playing in Europe.

It's not about past CAN's it's about this CAN.
I think Egypt are among the top favourites to win again, but until then, it's maybe wiser to stop being euphoric...Egypt has played one exceptionally good match, it's a litle bit premature to become euphoric.

About Egyptian's league: Egypt has a good league because Egyptian players can earn much money in their own league (a litle bit like the Mexican league). On the other hand, i don't see much Egyptian players who have really succeeded in foreign competitions, Zidan and the guy who played for Besiktas and Anderlecht (i already forgot his name, which is a shame because i liked him a lot when he played for Anderlecht). Players like Mido and Ghaly where huge flops...

Well considering the fact Egypt have also won the last two CAN's as well as the quality of Egyptian football, he's spot on!

Although I'd love to see more players from Egypt playing in Europe.

The fact that a large number of the squad all play club football for Al-Ahly must make them strong contenders even without Aboutreika.

I agree with you about wanting to see more Egyptian players in Europe. There seems to be a lot of talent there.

Imho, Egypt were lucky in their first game. The first goal, what on earth was the keeper doing so far up? Not needed at all and it wasn't a 1 on 1. 2nd goal, shot going wide hits defender and deflects towards the goal.

I want to see them scoring real goals now.

Back
Top Bottom