Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3

I hate all that bunny jumping shit, imagine if soldiers did that in real life :PP Imagine it beeing in one of those SAS books,

"I was a prisoner, the only way I could get out was to compromise the gaurd, getting his gun and then going through the maze like corridors to find an exit. The only thing that saved me that day, whenever I was fired upon, I jumped up and down and side to side, they just couldn't deal with it. I'm glad I practiced that manouvre every day for the last 5 years, as it saved my life many times over and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for my Bunny jumping." (Sorry I got carried away :DD)

I have got Battlefield 3 (Although cant play it yet :ROLL:)and have asked my mate to try it out (because he is only used to MW2 so hopefully he likes it, otherwise I will have to play MW3 aswell.

When I first played Bad Company it was very hard going back to play COD, I just think Battlefield games are better for online.

Although COD can be great fun in the right frame of mind.

So you dont get any kills or points for killing people unless you collect their dogtag? What if you sinper someone. YOu have to walk other side of map and collect dogtag?

Hwo do you collect? press x or just walk over it etc?

Is this all game modes or an option?
It's just one game mode, 50 points for a kill, 50 points for picking up enemy tags. Each enemy tags picked up = 1 point for your team, first team to 65 points wins. It works really really well in game though!

F**king NAT is driving me up the wall. Cant join any friends game cos I'm 'Strict'.

Tried DMZing and Port Forwarding, but nothing. So annoying. On BT HomeHub3 if anyone can help please :(
I have put my Xbox on a DMZ and assigned it a static IP address through the dashboard. My NAT is always Open.

Pboreham, I think I had that problem on my BT homehub (old one) and I had to reset the actual homehub (unplug it wait 1min and then plug it back in) and then it would work. It was a pain in the arse!

Awful multiplayer, just awful. Compared to BF3, this is just garbage really. Tiny maps, people throwing grenades randomly, quick-scoping, bunny jumping, camping, a mess.

I'm sure I'll enjoy SP and Special Ops but MP is terrible.
Totally disagree, all I play is multiplayer. You should try Hardcore modes, they are miles better than normal, quite a nice mix between being a bit more tactical, and less craziness.

Pboreham, I think I had that problem on my BT homehub (old one) and I had to reset the actual homehub (unplug it wait 1min and then plug it back in) and then it would work. It was a pain in the arse!
My mate had that too actually, I remember him having to reboot a lot then his NAT would be Open again.

I'm on Xbox 360. Protocol - never heard of it but might check it out. I like TV shows like 24 so something that's part story part action with some shooting will do the job lol. Never played GTA but maybe I should.

I did play the Godfather but didn't like having to wait around too long while things happened.

Sounds like youd like Alpha Protocol. HTe gameplay mechanics are not so great but the story and game is quite fun especially if you like Spy/action movies.

Prob buy for fiver or something now.

Splinter cell conviction also, and double agent if you have only played 1st few?

Yup, done all that - really annoying!

I was moderate when I first got Sky in this place, my mate was Strict when he was on COD on launch night, as he couldn't join with me.

But fixed it by Port Forwarding Ports TCP 3074, UDP 3074 and UDP 88. I believe that is right, with the XBOX 360's static IP.

Although you can just make an exception which always allows your inbound service to the XBOX outside the routers firewall, not sure how to do it on everyones router type, might just say about always allowing a service then you type in the IP of the XBOX for inbound.

Talking about MW3 though, when I first played it online with my mates, it felt so fast, just run shoot, kill, die etc was hectic, got used to it now, but think at the time I preffered MW2, think I have to get used to the shooting on here now, seems different to MW2, I used to love the SCAR on this doesn't feel the same or as good. Find I can shoot someone for ages and not kill, another time 2 bullets and dead.

But none the less my main gripe are the maps, they all seem samey and boring, nothing no where near as good as MW2 or MW1, I wasn't a fan of the Black Ops maps, but I did enjoy 2-3 of them, on this there isn't one that stands out for me :/ Do like how the kill streaks are done now though.

I think MW1 has the best maps to date.

Tbh if I play cod online I play MW1 cod 4...pc that is. TO me its the best version

Sounds like youd like Alpha Protocol. HTe gameplay mechanics are not so great but the story and game is quite fun especially if you like Spy/action movies.

Prob buy for fiver or something now.

Splinter cell conviction also, and double agent if you have only played 1st few?

Thanks mate. I haven't tried any of the Splinter Cell games but have heard they're good. Basically I want to go through a whole bunch of games that I'd probably enjoy but have never tried because I play football games most days lol.

So at this stage I was thinking of trying:

- Assassins Creed (whole series)
- Splinter Cell (maybe I'll just get conviction and double agent?)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (I heard GTA 3 is good but not sure if I can get it on Xbox 360?). Might leave this one for last since I heard it takes a while lol.
- Maybe i'll try Alpha Protocol and what about Hitman / Max Payne?
- I liked Tomb Raider on PC but not sure if they're any good on Xbox?

Thanks mate. I haven't tried any of the Splinter Cell games but have heard they're good. Basically I want to go through a whole bunch of games that I'd probably enjoy but have never tried because I play football games most days lol.

- Grand Theft Auto IV (I heard GTA 3 is good but not sure if I can get it on Xbox 360?). Might leave this one for last since I heard it takes a while lol.

If you're after something fairly free roaming and not involving fantasy stuff, get Red Dead Redemption. IMO it's the greatest game of all time. It's still stunning to this day.

oh right.

Well SPlinter cell latest ones are the worst. The best ones are the 1st few,1, pandoras tommorw and choas theory.

Max payne 1 and 2 are great games but dated graphics now.

Hitman also great games but dated graphics.

Tomb raider is kinda old also but I havent played the latest ones.

Ac is a good series but 1 gets broign so I heard and brotherhood is to similar to 2.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll get something and play it. Might see what's available for rent at my local video store and try to finish the game in a week or two ;)

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll get something and play it. Might see what's available for rent at my local video store and try to finish the game in a week or two ;)

good idea for the new games...but for the old games buy used is only about a fiver.

Oh another great game is BATMAN series arkham city and arkahm asylum..amazing

The pc version really should have controller support. No excuse. Yes I use the keyboard, but still no excuse. All games should have controller support. That's a no brainer.

MW3 has been fun. Kill confirmed is actually a great idea executed for this run and gun type style of play. I feel like it could be awesome to play with a team based style of approach. It's interesting coming across matches where you play a clan that actually has their stuff together, because you do truly get dominated. Upgrading your level seems much easier in this game though. I do notice that there are a lot of different types of perks and upgrades for weapons now though. Not sure if it adds that much more technical depth to the game play, but I do wish I wasn't as bad at this game. A different kind of fun when compared to BF3.

Interesting you say that as me and my mate have come across a few clans and been on a team with other random people against a clan and totally raped them.

What perks does everyone use for online?

I have Sleight of Hand Pro, Quickdraw Pro and Steady Aim. I find those 3 really suit my game and make me perform to my highest.

What's this game like online? I can do a straight swap between FIFA 12 and this game. Was thinking of keeping PES for football and getting something else I could get stuck into to break things up.

What's this game like online? I can do a straight swap between FIFA 12 and this game. Was thinking of keeping PES for football and getting something else I could get stuck into to break things up.

Near enough the same as MW2, but with worse maps. It actually hurts the experience a lot.

Campaign is brilliant, Spec Ops is very very fun.

Also whoever came up with the idea of a Kick gun perk which reduces recoil even further, which means doing anything but holding down the trigger is putting you at a disadvantage no matter the range, needs a boot in the balls.

Also whoever came up with the idea of a Kick gun perk which reduces recoil even further, which means doing anything but holding down the trigger is putting you at a disadvantage no matter the range, needs a boot in the balls.

That sounds awful

Interesting you say that as me and my mate have come across a few clans and been on a team with other random people against a clan and totally raped them.
Here's an example:

deba866e.jpg

The G13 "clan" was on my team, but pretty shite. I basically single handedly won us that round.

The campaign I didn't enjoy as much as 2, but then again it seemed a lot of it was just taken with a make over, like it's still nice and Hollywood, was underwhelmed as the whole, didn't even remotely feel like it was supposedly WW3 :/

MW2 started off amazing, with the snow, climbing up etc, then the snow mobile chase, then they did the same now, on a boat, was crapper even the jeep and train was pretty crap in comparison. Also, the character build up of 2 was better, as I did kinda get to liking Roach and Ghost etc, then there was the American unit, forgot the guys name for that though. This one, Yuri... meh, I was just wondering where the American unit of last game went, didn't think they died at all :/

But are well. Spec ops seems just as fun as before, not sure if they are as good as MW2's objectives, but time will tell once I get all the stars haha. MP, well it's still good, but really do not find any of the maps tickle my fancy. Think they lacked the imagination and charisma with what they did from MW1 to MW2.

Hopefully the DLC maps are worth it, never bought any for Black Ops, not even sure if I did with MW2 now I say haha. Might have to check now.

Back
Top Bottom