Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a really small molehill. Like I said, I play this game online and I've never come across any cheats. So to say there are loads of people cheating is simply not true. If they are cheating then they're seriously crap gamers as I always get a good kill/death ratio each game I play.

I'm playing again after a little break and online is still amazing to me.

Playing HQ or Domination are the modes I prefer (people seem nicer). I've been prestige but I won't do it again, it's useless. Today I managed to get my p90 back, so it's ok. I love this weapon.

I should check how long I've played this game but I think it's a record for me with a multiplayer games :D.

Last edited:
^ Tuta can't agree more with you mate. The game is just fantastic especially when your playing with mates. At the moment I just play Hard core, because its more realistic. But I also do the casual Hardcore Search'n'Destroy and Free-For-All.

But at the moment, I've just been doing Hardcore Team deathmatch which has been really fun.

I get the point JB made about being able to play this game no matter your rank or skill level.

I rejoined up with my old COD1/2 clan and started playing with them this past week and despite them all being level 55, tooled up with claymores silencers chopper and air strikes im still able to kill them and come top at the end of the games.

It'd a bit tough getting used to some of the maps as a lot of people know them inside out, know the paths the attackers always use, where to throw grenades over walls to take out a bunch of players at once etc...

I JUST got red dots at about level 18 or thereabouts. I'm after those claymore mines next as they're a bugger to avoid in some areas and then after that the chopper or the airstrike thing.

Though i did play a TDM the other day and it was just constant chopper and air strikes over and over and over. it was kinda annoying.

-

I noticed this game must be the most played game on the PS3. Nearly every time i turn the console on and my friends list loads up someone is paying this.

I'm finding that on TDM, constant helicopters flying around.

Good fun though, even if my kill/death ratio is something like 1:3 :LOL:

How do I equip the rocket launcher (or anything else in perk 1)? Pressing Y just swaps to my pistol, can't remember how I did it on the 360 and I'm missing a trick here if I can't access any of my perk 1 weapons :((

Last edited by a moderator:
Press right on the d-pad to access any perk 1 like claymores, rocket launcher on the PS3.

I'm really addicted to HQ and sabotage at the moment, you just get so many points in it if you do well, which means leveling up quicker! Yarrr. :D

Anyone else noticing when you get killed, the killcam shows show being shot ... except you don't get shot? The shooter is spraying all around you and when you fall down dead, they were aiming miles away from you?

Anyone else noticing when you get killed, the killcam shows show being shot ... except you don't get shot? The shooter is spraying all around you and when you fall down dead, they were aiming miles away from you?

Yeah that happens - The sniper actually did shoot you, When he sees it. - The kill cam can sometimes be a bit delayed for some reason.

What's with constantly getting "Host Ended Game" error? :censor:

Four matches I've tried now, all different people in them, all getting to the match starting screen and not long after the host ends. Pile of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Press right on the d-pad to access any perk 1 like claymores, rocket launcher on the PS3.

I'm really addicted to HQ and sabotage at the moment, you just get so many points in it if you do well, which means leveling up quicker! Yarrr. :D

I'll check those out then, my level isn't that great as I've only had the game a few weeks.

I generally go on free-for-all or TDM.. How boring eh :LOL:

You get at least DOUBLE points you get on TDM on Headquarters when you're on a good team. I love it! When your team captures the HQ everyone on the team gets 5 points every 3 or so seconds, and if you capture it yourself you get 20 for capturing then 5 every 3 seconds, and 5 points for every kill. Not bad! And the match bonus you get on both games is rather good. :)

I play headquarters once in a while, and I managed to get 110 kills once and that was my best achievement yet on COD. If you manage to go to the places where your team ARE NOT going you will be able to get plenty of kills behind your enemy, and after you eliminate them you can use their path to capture the headquarters.

Was that on the Shipment level?! It's so easy to get over 50 kills on that map, it's so small. I do think it's a crap map to have for HQ though, it's just near impossible to capture it.

Cause it's still the number 1 or 2 most played game on XB Live, and probably PSN too, thus Activision milk this franchise (amongst others) for all it's worth, until sales drop off, why reduce the price, and frankly I dont think there has been a big enough drop for them to do a 'Platinum/Greatest Hits' one. The way they see it, person buys console, asks mate what he or she should get, they say, Oh you must get COD4, its fooking awesome. Ta da, full price sale for Activision.

CoD5 is just a patched CoD4, I much much much prefer CoD4 and the whole setting etc. but it's packed to the rafters with elites and cheats (especially on PS3, two seconds on Google and you can download something that makes you invincible)... CoD5 will be the same soon enough so I'm holding off for now.

Dont you understand though? That's why the number was dropped, hence Call of Duty : World at War, some people will be coming to the PS3 and XB360 this year for the first time, you have Call of Duty : Modern Warfare and World at War on the shelf at the same price I would bet, so people have a choice, I bet Infinity Ward's next CoD game will be Modern Warfare 2. Your best bet is to pick up a 2nd hand copy somewhere for about 20-25 quid, cause I doubt it'll drop below that new for a while yet, maybe in the Jan sales.

Does anyone else have a problem that the game crashes when the multiplayer menu appears?

It's happened to me a number of times, causing me to restart the system.

Cheap enough, its just the flight that's the bugger ;)

I'm in no rush. Did the same with GoW and will probably finish that this weekend. I'll get Fallout to pass the time.

NP, tnx for looking it up for me. Thats the annoying thing over here, they hardly have a 2nd hand market. There's a game shop near where I live that is one of the few that does do 2nd hand games, but even then they are still 20 to 30 pounds. Bit much for a 2nd hand game imo, especially one that has been out for so long.

Back
Top Bottom