Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

^Loads of people seem to get that problem, but I've never had it.

Hope this is the right place to post it! If you play COD4 on PS3, please check out this site! http://gamebattles.com/ps3/call-of-duty-4/team/the-english-roses We're wanting more members to join who play the game often (like everyday/every other day) so we can participate in more matches and get ourselves known! If you are interested PM me on here or on GB itself. Wanting the clan to grow quite big-ish, so give us a try. Me and another girl run it together, and we kick ass. :)

[I hate advertising, god I suck at it]

I am still playing this game, Love it so much and it's so addictive. I'm level 21 after my first prestige. I know it's a low rank but I only started playing recently as I stopped playing after the story.

I currently use a M4 Carbine, and I'm waiting for the G3 to be unlocked after I reach level 25. Basically if any of you want to play on the Xbox send me a msg.

I just read on gamespot, apparently there will be new guns and maps coming out for COD4. This should be interesting, and great because new maps are always great to have.

Really?! Oooo could be interesting, it is a bit late though when were all reading about the fifth game. I'll probably get them anyway. I just wish they would stop the cheating fucks before doing anything else first.

What do you mean by cheating? Give some examples. Are you referring to people using juggernaut or people who use the glitches?

I currently use the M4 with Double Tap, Deep Impact, Claymore, and I play hardcore search & destroy, free-for-all and team deathmatch.

She means the guys who get the PS3 save file off the internet that has something edited making them invincible.

I still can't believe they get away with it and that they haven't yet added a line of code to the game that says "if they use this save, don't let them onto the server". Thankfully you can't do it on the 360, to my knowledge.

They never gave 2 shits about cheaters on the PC versions of cod - it took them MONTHS to release punkbuster and by that time the cheating shits had ruined the game. Thankfully the clan i was in ran our own server and we used an anti cheat bot of our own - it was amazing how many people it detected and banned from our games.

They don't want to ban the dicks because they lose money

[spelling fixed]

Last edited:
Was the same with Burnout Revenge, all you had to do was lag your internet connection and if anyone touched your car when it was appearing as stationary, it would cause them to react like they'd hit a brick wall.

I really loved that game, I broke into the top 1000 - which is unlike me, I'm rarely so dedicated to a game - and the game changed, every single person I raced against from that point on did the same thing. And it was never fixed because - well, one thousand people did it at the very least, that's a lot of people to throw out and a lot of money you will lose for the sequel.

Last edited:
It's the cheating cunts and the hardcore bastards that have made me hang up my rifle as of last night. I went on for the first time in months and although I have a kill / death ratio of 1.20, I got killed 15 times and murdered only one dickhead. At least seven times I'd got to someone first, pissed all over them with bullets and then they casually shoot me twice to kill me. Stuff like that every time, and after one TD of that, I knew why I'd stayed away for so long.

Online gaming now for 3 quarters of the titles available is enjoyable on a limited time basis for me. At the time of a game being released, everyone's in the same boat (except folk like that 22-month Jap baby who can play Wii Tennis, he was probably owning people on Mario Kart on release date). But as time passes, the elitists who spend every night and sometimes days on a game for months spoil it in my opinion on COD4 especially for those who are casual, and like to hammer it twice a week, which was me a while back. I think all online games with lobbies should always have a My Skill Level room where you can be sure you're playing someone similar. I used to enjoy taking on those rated much higher but now there's no point. Can't play COD4 online anymore, shall just wait for the next one, get it straightaway and hope to get bored before the elitists and cheaters kick in and the blood pressure rises for both me and the beloved. Must say, she's still playing it bless - although the fact she is fucking brilliant at everything counts there! :)

Online gaming now for 3 quarters of the titles available is enjoyable on a limited time basis for me. At the time of a game being released, everyone's in the same boat (except folk like that 22-month Jap baby who can play Wii Tennis, he was probably owning people on Mario Kart on release date). But as time passes, the elitists who spend every night and sometimes days on a game for months spoil it in my opinion on COD4 especially for those who are casual, and like to hammer it twice a week, which was me a while back.
This is why I love "Online Leagues" in FIFA, whether it's ranked or not doesn't matter - you can get a good bunch of lads together, either all from a place like Evo-Web or all mates, no cheats or elites, and play the game properly. Completely changes the game and adds months onto the longevity of it. I literally sent Konami a letter when I was 17 begging them, begging them, to put that in, how ironic it is that the first game to include it is one that, back then, you would only get me to play by paying me.

Like you say, there should also be some kind of level-matching system - I was playing the other night on CoD4 and noticed several times, team A was chock-full of level 55s, team B was e.g. 50, 41, 12, 25, 8, 31. Why is it so hard to balance it out properly? But what annoys me more is that on the 360 at least there is supposed to be a levelling-system across the board, where "players of similar skill levels are grouped together". Very rarely have I been in an FPS game and felt everyone was around my level, they weren't all running around shooting shadows and blowing themselves up occasionally by pressing the wrong button for a start. But seriously, I've never seen it work properly in any game. Why isn't it a priority? People wonder why I bang on about single player, this is exactly why.

Last edited:
I remember that with the 360!

People who were self labeled as 'hardcore gamers' were supposed to be grouped up together in games. I don't think thats EVER happened in any game ive ever played on the 360.

picked this up on the pc - what the hell is with enemy names appearing above them as you see and aim at them? makes it really tough to figure out if its a teammate behind the corner and i keep dying as i hesitate to fire :(

picked this up on the pc - what the hell is with enemy names appearing above them as you see and aim at them? makes it really tough to figure out if its a teammate behind the corner and i keep dying as i hesitate to fire :(

But aren't teammates in green and enemies in red? Your green teammates are highlighted in green on your radar too.

Completed the single player today on Veteran, have to say it was tough towards the end.

Last edited:
Red and green? Ahh... well that explains a lot - I'm colour blind - i hope there is a setting to change that colour because most people who are colour blind have trouble with reds browns & greens.

COD 1 & 2 never had this enemy name pop up - just seems a bit of a weird addition that adds nothing.

Some of the fucknuts on this game online are laughable really... Last night I was shooting someone who hadn't seen me (he was in front of me, facing the same way as me) with a P90, filled him with nearly a full magazine (stopping power & deep impact perks also!) and he turned round and casually shot me a couple of times and I died. :lol: It looked laughable on the killcam, seriously. Why people cheat on this game is beyond me, it totally defies the whole point of playing it. I mean, wouldn't it get boring knowing you're gonna win all the time? It's like looking at spoilers for your favorite TV show, you're knowing what's going to happen therefore it would be boring and pointless... What baffles me more is why Infinity Ward let them do it, because they could easily do something to detect the people with the dodgy coding surely. XBox do it don't they?! Also I was playing with some friends the other day and someone on the opposite team was clearly cheating and they mentioned something about an aim bot, does anyone know what they mean? I'm guessing they meant some kind of auto aim thing or something, I could be wrong.

How have they managed to do it ?? There has to be someone one at infinity ward who knows about this.... It's a joke, ruins the game.

I was considering getting this game again but I can't be arsed if there's loads of cheating going on.

I'm on ps3. I've never come across cheaters. Maybe I'm lucky, this game is seriously good though. Great online game. I go online every couple of weeks and just snipe everyone in site. Very enjoyable.

I play it most nights and haven't noticed that much cheating going on. Sometimes you get the odd person who just doesn't die, but don't let that put you off.

By far the most frustrating thing about the PS3 version is inviting your friends into a game.

Last edited:
I can't believe they refuse to do something against cheaters on the PS3 like they do on the pc - granted they cant install punkbuster on the ps3 - but surely some sort of check of the save files to see if they have been edited.

Couldn't resist offering £20 for it on AVForums, the guy agreed so I should have it by the weekend hopefully :))

After watching that I'm seriously considering getting rid, what's the point? It's not isolated players either, it's absolutely loads. This is why I'm glad you can't fiddle with save files on the 360, even if it means having fake kits in PES. At least you don't get wankers like that.

Back
Top Bottom