Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Who is still playing this on their PS3?

And to whoever is MDOTK. Dude, I was trying to team up with you but I had no luck. I finally figured out that we have to join together in the same party and then jump into a match. My bad.

This game is still fun to me though, now that I am starting to play better online.

Aaaw, thanks mdotk!! You're shaping up to be a quality player aswell!!!Your headshots are sick!!

There is a rumour more multiplayer maps will be out for this in Spring.
Everyone who is signed up to Charlie Oscar Delta .com got an email this morning saying that new maps are coming very soon. Doesn't give more detail than that unfortunately, but it's certainly no rumour. I'll be keeping hold of my copy of CoD4.

Make no mistake, Call of Duty 4 players: Infinity Ward is listening.

If you need evidence, you need look no further than the slew of updates and changes that are coming to the game in the coming months, which we talked with IW community relations manager Robert Bowling about today at GDC.

The first in the pipeline is a feature patch that's just been sent to Microsoft for Xbox 360 certification and will soon go to the PS3 for certification.

Arguably the most important new addition is host migration. In short, if a host leaves a game, all players stay together, a suitable replacement is chosen and the game begins anew. Though the game doesn't continue uninterrupted, it should help to keep a host departure from being so jarring.

From a gameplay perspective, the patch will improved sniper rifle accuracy, as well as the accuracy on the ACOG scope.

The sniper fix (as well as the host migration feature, for that matter) was born of direct feedback from the community, according to Bowling.

The same can be said of the other features like an expanded Kill Cam with all weapons, including claymores, airstrikes and grenades, getting the feature.

Also, expect nine new spawn points in every map, a quick mute feature and an improved spectator cam that allows a first-person view as well as being fully rotatable in 3rd person.

Though the changes are numerous, Bowling said he doesn't expect it to be the last such update, especially if fans remain vocal.

"We never assume that we're done, we never pat ourselves on the back, wipe our hands and assume that we're finished.

Super Duper - I love this game, I'm shit at it - but I love it!!!

I was actually racking up one of my best scores the other day and the host legged it - so I didn't get my points etc. So its good to see its being sorted :)

I wish they did a BoobyBox patch that made me better :)

I literally can't aim - Its like one of those comic movies - where if there is someone coming at me - I will shoot around the whole person and not hit them once and they just give me one shot and I'm dead!!

Same here actually, it's like in FIFA where you miss ten clear chances in a row. Wait a minute, hold on... Maybe I'm just shit at games... :(

Seriously, I am the same though, when I know they're there I just hold down shoot, even if I'm looking at the floor. By the time I look up someone's popped several caps precisely into my ass.

Super Duper - I love this game, I'm shit at it - but I love it!!!

I was actually racking up one of my best scores the other day and the host legged it - so I didn't get my points etc. So its good to see its being sorted :)

I wish they did a BoobyBox patch that made me better :)

I literally can't aim - Its like one of those comic movies - where if there is someone coming at me - I will shoot around the whole person and not hit them once and they just give me one shot and I'm dead!!

LOL Spot on!!! Empty 300 rounds in and around the general area of someone standing 5 feet away. You just know they are laughing at you as they pin-point aim at your temple, pull the trigger and walk away...

CURSE THEM ALL!!!! Handgrenades for the win!

This and Burnout are going to be traded today

i thought this patch was meant to be out ages ago?

i did enjoy this game when i first got it, but it got boring quick. I guess im not a R&G'er :)

To all you PS3 CoD4 players out there:

What is up with the invitations never working out? I see a few of you online from time to time, I send my invitations, or I receive mine and we never seem to have any games work out. I would love to have some sort of clan since I see some of you whenever I am on as well.

Let me know what you guys are experiencing cause maybe we can actually team up and get our arses kicked together! -lol

Ever notice how sometimes you have these games where you dump a clip into someone, yet somehow it doesn't put them down? Also, using the knife, I swear I get them yet somehow they get me even though I sliced right at them before they got me... what's up with that?

Last edited:
To all you PS3 CoD4 players out there:

What is up with the invitations never working out? I see a few of you online from time to time, I send my invitations, or I receive mine and we never seem to have any games work out. I would love to have some sort of clan since I see some of you whenever I am on as well.

Let me know what you guys are experiencing cause maybe we can actually team up and get our arses kicked together! -lol

Ever notice how sometimes you have these games where you dump a clip into someone, yet somehow it doesn't put them down? Also, using the knife, I swear I get them yet somehow they get me even though I sliced right at them before they got me... what's up with that?

Hello Mate - I am a 360 user.

But I Literally shot a player a million times the other day and he just turned around and shot me and I died. It keeps happening alot to me.

It really pisses me off!!!

Alos with the knife I am hopless - I run at them and then try and stab them they move to the side and I lose sight of them and I keep running in circles trying to stabe them :LOL: its quite funny on the kill came when they shoot me - just before I am running around like a headless chicken stabbing thin air!

Hello Mate - I am a 360 user.

But I Literally shot a player a million times the other day and he just turned around and shot me and I died. It keeps happening alot to me.

It really pisses me off!!!

Alos with the knife I am hopless - I run at them and then try and stab them they move to the side and I lose sight of them and I keep running in circles trying to stabe them :LOL: its quite funny on the kill came when they shoot me - just before I am running around like a headless chicken stabbing thin air!

Had this for the first time on Saturday - I couldnt believe it. I stood directly in front of someone and they were walking towards me in a straight line - I had a heavy machine gun and was pumping him with bullets in the chest/neck area. Must have been 20 bullets into him and he shot back once and killed me.

I've always had times where I 'could have sworn' I hit someone then they killed me with one shot - but this was stupid. I watched the kill cam and the red flashes never showed on his screen to indicate I hit him, though 100% I did many times.

There was a cheat ages ago where if you lagged up the game nobody would be able to shoot you. Same thing used to happen in Burnout, which meant the top 1000 players were just laggers. Don't know if it still happens.

What level or rank are you guys anyway?

I am on level 30 I think - It a Captain I - I think.

But my stats are super shit - Everyone on my Friends list has better stats than me :))

But I don't give a shit.

My accuracy is poor - because when I win a game - I turn round in a circle and fire bullets up into the air - YEE HAAA!!

And I also do alot of covering fire to protect my team mates - if they have the bomb in sabotage say.

I have a lot of fun :DD

hahahahahaha I'm on level 40 with that greenish type of logo, dunno what it's called. My accuracy is very poor too, have to fire 10 clips into somebody's arse before they notice I missed and eventually blow my brains out. Online gaming....gotta love it!

No doubt, online is loads of fun to play. I wish there were more maps of course since the game has been out for awhile now. Luckily, the game is popular enough that every match feels like a different experience in the sense of peoples tactics as the game progresses.

I am level 37 at the moment. I am slowly getting better though. I am starting to break the habit of kills matching deaths. Averaging around 10-16 kills, so not horrible.

Of course I still have my moments, and as BobbyBox eloquently put it, "YEE HAA" indeed. -lol The kill cam does show what "apparently" happens, but I know I had my red dot right on the mother. BAH! Fortunately I have my awesome games to balance out those moments.

Do you guys switch which weapon you use depending on the level? I actually created five different custom classes so I can have some variety.

Who is still playing this on their PS3?

I've been playing this tonight on PS3 as we bought it today, and it's fucking awesome. Johnny Allen from Eastenders doing the Captains voice totally shocked me too, haha.

All in all, so far I'd give it a 9/10. I've played a couple of other COD's on PS2 and PSP and this beats them hands down. Graphics are gorgeous, weapons kick butt, story seems cool. Love it. I have yet to try the online play, which I will do later, so I can't judge that yet.

I'm surprised you haven't gone the whole hog and remixed the quote from start to finish, "I've been playing with myself tonight, going to end up doing Johnny Allen from Eastenders"...

Back
Top Bottom