Boxing Talk!!

Should be a cracker ive got a funy feeling that Taylor will take it! There was a good little scrap on Friday Jamie Moore Vs Michael Jones both men down with Moore coming through to win!

Yep unfortunately I missed this one, wouldn't have minded seeing it as it sounded a decent fight.

I still think Hopkins will win, I think if he does this he should pack it in as he's beat everyone that has been put in front of him, although I'm sure I saw that he wanted to move up or something in weight but at his age, I don't think that's a good idea no matter how brilliant he is.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Yep unfortunately I missed this one, wouldn't have minded seeing it as it sounded a decent fight.

I still think Hopkins will win, I think if he does this he should pack it in as he's beat everyone that has been put in front of him, although I'm sure I saw that he wanted to move up or something in weight but at his age, I don't think that's a good idea no matter how brilliant he is.

FD

I'll be at a Real Madrid game in Chicago that day but should make it back in time to check out the fight somewhere.

I like Taylor alot. the kid has speed and power, and he can win on points if he sticks his combos and moves. Plus, he needs to take the first four rounds seriously as Hopkins tends to to fight slow in those rounds while he feels his opponent out. Taylor will need those rounds in his bank.

But i just cant think of Hopkins losing. he's the best on the planet right now IMO. Only beating i saw him take was by Roy Jones.

Still. . Jermaine is a speedy guy with big bombs and southpaw. This will be interesting. anything can happen.

Hopkins is by far the favorite but ive just got this feeling that Taylor will win. Also we have Amir kahns first pro fight at the weekend although im sure its going to be a bit of a joke of a fight with Kahn winning easy!

Not the best fight in the world but still a good contest, i dont know what Hopkins was complaining about! he didnt start till the 10th round, i had it Taylor by an easy 3 rounds his jab was just to good! Jesus did you see the size of de la hoya when he got in the ring at the end he's packed on the pounds!

As for ITV's return to big time boxing :lol: Williams pulls out, and Khans was a walkover as expected they need to do better than that!

Both fights on ITV were bullshit, Williams is nothing but a coward and shouldnt get any offers for titles again, the big twat.

Khan's fight was shit, good job I didnt go for a piss or I woulda missed it all, the guy sprinted out of the corner and almost died from the first punch, he has a chin like my dog.

I dont think Khan will do well really, his arms are like bits of string, they just fly all over the place, and if he hits someone its a bonus.

Big Skelton, all he does is fly in, lean on them with his fat and throw some shit punches now and again, heavyweights = boring, itv = shite.

kingpug said:
I dont think Khan will do well really, his arms are like bits of string, they just fly all over the place, and if he hits someone its a bonus.

He must have been really lucky to knock him down twice! ;)

Never saw the British fights.

However I thought Hopkins pipped him with the final 3 rounds, at the very least a draw. However it wasn't a huge surprise, as Ghazi says Hopkins likes to feel his opponent out, which was the big problem. Although I thought some of the earlier rounds could just as easily have been draws which obviously went to Taylor. Taylor never had him in a bit of difficulty once, whilst Hopkins had Taylor on the brink of going down 2 or 3 times in the final 3 rounds. Hopkins very slow start made him pay in the end big-time.

FD

Well, the guy seemed to be weak, I woulda probably ko'd him, like I said he almost fell on his face after 5 seconds.

Good performance by Alex Arthur at the weekend he impresses me more and more after the beating he took from Gomez! Castillo and Corrales 2 is on not sure of the date, I just hope its somewhere near the last fight!

I'm sure it's around October. Hopefully it'll be another classic.

Arthur did well, talking about fighting Scott Harrison, although I think Harrison would be too strong for him.

FD

Reid Vs Lacy tonight should be a good one although havnt seen Reid since he got robbed in Germany! Would be one hell of a win if he can beat lacy!

Oh dear, he got a right beating.

Have to admit I didn't like the way Reid went about his business, the head-butt was terrible, however I couldn't believe my eyes when Lacy smacked him after the ref had split them to deduct a point. It was a scandalous decision and a major one too at that. Reid has never been on the floor and he was totally defensless when Lacy landed the punch.

The ref's decision was a shocker, however I honestly feel that Reid would've counted himself out thinking that it would be a DQ or something, but soon as the ref counted he had to get up.

Did feel a bit sorry for Reid, as he was crying about his corner pulling him out as he had never been stopped before.
Lacy totally deserved it though and looked impressive, however still think it was a terrible decision by the ref at that moment in the fight.

FD

Totally agree it was a bad decsion but i think Lacy would have won either way! Well at least Calzaghe will get his big fight now if all goes well now that should be a cracker!

Following on from Lacy, I'm looking forward to him going head to head with Calzaghe in November (5th if my memory serves me right) in London.

Should be a good fight.

FD

Will be a great fight i just hope he doesnt blow it by facing Evans Ashira on September 10th any inury ect and his bi chance could be gone....!

Weve also got Barrera v Robbie Peden on Setember the 18th never heard of the other lad but Barrera's always good to watch!

Yep should be a good fight hopefully.

As you say about Calzaghe, I noticed this other fight too and was wondering 'jeez, that's a bit close'. I've got a little feeling that something will crop up after that fight and it'll be called off. Hope not though.

FD

Oh dear, been neglecting my boxing at the mo. Never saw this at all about him splitting. Guess it could be messy, not sure what to think, whether he's got words in his ears about greater riches elsewhere.

Noticed on the other news, that Johnny Nelson is fighting soon, I keep forgetting he's a world Champion as he just seems to be on the TV panel. :lol:

Also Tarver and Jones going at it again in a month.

Think that's the boxing starting again, which I've missed, with Clinton Woods fighting this Friday.

FD

See Morales was beaten easily by Raheem. :( Seems he was very poor, and he has an upcoming return fight with Pacquaio.

And seems Calzaghe has injured a hand and looks like the Lacy fight will be off..............LOL, what did I say. Personally I think he's a shitbag.

FD

Didnt see the Calzaghe fight hes always had bad hands but must have new the risk he was taking, you really do have to ask does he want the big shot or is he happy with his record!?

I didnt even no Morales was on! I can believe he lost was it a title fight? do you know if the rematch with Pacquaio is still on?

Never noticed it was on either mate. From what I can remember it wasn't a title match, it was at a different weight. Supposedly he was totally dominated and only won 1 round. So I'm guessing the other fight is still for that weight's belt and it's still on. Pacquaio was also fighting, but won easily.

And agree totally mate about Calzaghe, he was quick enough to mouth off about Roy Jones running from him, now he's doing the same thing.

FD

Barrera fights Peden tomorrow, don't expect any surprised. Also notice Shane Mosley is on the bill too.

Also on the same night, but a different venue, was surprised to see that Julio Cesar Chavez is still fighting in his 40's. Never knew he had 2 bouts in the previous year (which he won). Fantastic record he has. Although I guess it's to tie in with his son fighting on the same card.

FD

i read there will be a new clash between tarver and jones jr.. wasn't the last fight not enough for roy? against who was reid ( bolled head? ) boxing in germany? ulrich? felix sturm is probably one of the best in the middleweight-class, i'd like to see him fightin the executioner.

Missed the Barrera fight, had taped it, but half way through the Mosley fight it cut off. :roll: See he won on a UD, same with Mosley. Also Chavez Snr got beat, whilst his kid impressed again supposedly by KO his opponent early.

Noticing on the HW scene that Samuel Peter is going head to head this weekend with Wladimir Klitchsko. Quite interested to see how that goes, as Peter has looked quite good so far from what I've saw of him.

FD

Peter is going to crush Wladi into the next stone age. I dont think he'll last more than 6 rounds.

Didnt think any of the fights were to exciting over the weekend Barrera cruised it!
Peter to crush him hey Ghazi.. Im sure i read Klitchsko got a fight coming up with Rahnmon soon? Miguel Cotto v Ricardo Torres is on the same night hopefully he will put in a better performance after last time out! Then next month the big rematch Diego Corrales v Jose Luis Castillo on October the 9th i just hope it lives up to the last one.

JM - Peter is fighting Vladimir. . the younger and more exposed brother. Vladi was thought to be the better prospect but the fool can't take a punch. To his credit, he always has the heart to get to his feet, but it won't matter. Peter will maul him.

His borther Vitali, older and more awkward, albeit more polished IMO will fight Hasim Rahman. COnsidering Rahman hasnt looked that great since KO'g Lennox, i'd give the edge to Vitali. BUt then again, Rahman throws a nice overhand right, which i think Vitali cant be exposed by. Should be fun.

Corrales Castillejo was Fight of the Year. The ending waas a fucking holywood movie. lol. I was amazed in that fight. Cant wait for the next one.

Yep, it's Wladimir. At first they thought he'd be better than his brother, but that was put to bed fairly early and I think he's not looked impressive now for a while. I haven't saw much of Peter, but I can see him stopping Wladimir mid-fight.

FD

Well as heavyweight fights go that was a good one had a bit of everything thought Vladimir fully deserved it so much for him not taking a punch hey Ghazi...:)

Cotto looked good again better than last time out anyway, Torres could hardly stand when he eventully got took out. This division must be the best there is at the moment..

Back
Top Bottom