Boxing Talk!!

Barrera vs Pac-Man love to see that agian although another go against Morales would be great! but i cant see that happening!

See Calzaghe took care of Veit again in Germany. Was trying to see if I could get the fight, but didn't seem to be on anywhere over here.

Winky Wright and Mayweather to fight this weekend, if my memory serves me right. Think it might be on Sky, so looking forward to that, although might tape it and watch it later on in the night.

FD

I know i cant believe it wasnt on anywhere he was suposed to be excellent! next up tey reckon he will fight james lacy in a uniforcation fight, but i dont really know anything about Lacy! Fd isnt it Trinidad Vs Wright?

:lol: LOL............it is mate, it is Trinidad, I was talking about Floyd Mayweather too, so must've got them mixed up. :roll:

Yep, disappointed not to see the Calzaghe fight, and as you see a unification would be good, although like you don't know much about the other dude, also read he might move up in weight instead. Also Beyer holds a belt(think it's the WBC, which I believe is now not as prestigious as it used to be).

FD

Last edited:
Wow what a great weekend of boxing, first Khan Vs Knderlan worst bout of the wekend why did Kinderlan even turn up? Very below par imo just came for whatever money warren was paying him, but a pro fight for Khn in under 2 months hes got to be fighting a bum! Atleast we got to seelast 2 rounds of Calzaghe! Great fight beteen Trindad and Wright i didnt expect Wright to out box him tht well Trinidad had nothing, i dont think Wright will get away like that against Hopkins though? Best performance from me was from Zab Judah hes really back i a big way.

Saw the Khan fight, tbh it was a bit of a sham, although not sure of the scoring.

Missed the Wright and Trinidad fight, although heard Wright slapped him about.

You never mentioned the Castillo and Corrales fight, my god what a fight, one of the best I've ever saw. The ending was just sensational, 10 rounds of 2 guys beating the crap out of each other.

FD

No i missed the Castillo and Corrales heard it was good ill have to see if i can find it on the net somewhere!

Casatillo-Corrales was simply one of the greatest fights i have ever seen. Easily in my personal top 5 if not top 3. Corrales poor chin combined with his big shots makes for great fights. His demolition of Freitas was sensational last year.

LMAO @ Trinidad. Y'all prolly know i have ragged on him for years, and said he is the most overrateed "legendary" fighter i have ever seen. The man cannot fight a moving fighter, and he needs to have his own feet planted in order to land punches. For those who think he is great i would submit the following bit of evidence:

In his 3 biggest fights, got beaten. (1) Oscar beat him like a puppy, even tho he coasted and purposely gave the last few rounds away. All press had Oscar winning that fight. . but the judges gave King's fighter the decision. Funny huh? (2) Hopkins beat the shizz outta him and (3) Winky toasted him and put on a clinic. Tito landed only 58 punches THE WHOLE FIGHT, and it went the distance!! Outrageous. he landed only 15 jabs. lmao.

I cant wait to hear what tito fans will come up with this time as an excuse, cuz they were just sucking his dick about his destruction of Mayorga. . who of course jumped up 13 lbs to face Tito.

Castillo Vs Corrales was a grea match and the ending minutes were phenomenal...

you can get this fight on irc..

managed to watch it over the weekend and as you lot said it truly was a great fight! hey Ghazi hasnt trinidad retired now? I cant believe he only landed 15 jabs in twelve rounds he just ran out of ideas and couldnt do anything!

daz3873 said:
Castillo Vs Corrales was a grea match and the ending minutes were phenomenal...

you can get this fight on irc..

What's IRC?

jamie_mack said:
managed to watch it over the weekend and as you lot said it truly was a great fight! hey Ghazi hasnt trinidad retired now? I cant believe he only landed 15 jabs in twelve rounds he just ran out of ideas and couldnt do anything!

Yeah bro, he says he is retiring again. He never should have come back because it was clear in his biggest fights before his first retirement that he was not a legendary fighter (Oscar and Hopkins). Personally, I think his warrior's pride is gonna get the better of him and he'll be back in the ring in about a year.

Looking forward to this weekend with first up Harrison going up against Brodie and then the big one with Hatton and Tsyu.

Harrison will have to be careful against Brodie, although I think he'll out muscle him and possibly stop him in the later rounds. As for the Hatton fight, I think Tsyu will come out on top, possibly on points. Can't see Hatton stopping him, although tbh I ain't seen too much of Tsyu.

Saw Riddick Bowe's recent fight, jeez what a poor show. He was beat at one point but the bell saved him. In the end he managed to win it, but I'm not overly impressed by the big man.
FD

i cant wait for this weekend should be excellent im feeling all violent just looking at your avitar fd! :) Ive heard Corrales is going to be a ringside to challange the winner! Brodie Vs Harrison is just going to be a great scrap!

I hope Harrison doesnt win because of the biased judges this time, against Victor Polo I felt he got out-boxed, he got cut very early on and never even looked like he could get a draw draw nevermind a win, but boxing has the most biased judges I have seen in any sport.

Yep, I don't know there's just something about him I don't like. I usually like Scots, especially Celtic fan's, but he just seems a bit of an arse.

Thought it was quite funny to hear his manager complain about an all English judge, that could possibly be swayed by judges, after the Polo fight he should have no grumbles.

FD

Plus Brodie is due a bit of luck after the Willie Jorin fight! Anyone know the undercard for Brodie/Harrison?

Friday.

EN.gif
M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, England

Date: Friday, 03rd June, 2005 Promoter: Sports Network
SHOWTIME.gif
SKY.gif
FeatherweightScott Harrison v Michael Brodie12 ~ Referee: Mickey Vann | Judge: Dave Parris | Judge: John Coyle | Judge: Roy Francis ~
WBO Featherweight Title

Light MiddleweightThomas McDonagh v Barrie Lee12 WBU International Light Middleweight Title

Super MiddleweightYusef Mack v ?10
WelterweightMichael Jennings v Gavin Down10 English Welterweight Title
Light MiddleweightMatthew Hatton v Adnan Hadoui8
MiddleweightPaul Smith v Simeon Cover6
Light MiddleweightMartin Concepcion v ?6
MiddleweightRyan Rhodes v ?6
Super FeatherweightSteven Bell v Buster Dennis6
Light HeavyweightTony Quigley v Varuzhan Davtyan4

Saturday

M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, England

Date: Saturday, 04th June, 2005 Promoter: Sports Network
SHOWTIME.gif
SKY.gif
Light WelterweightKostya Tszyu v Ricky Hatton12 ~ Referee: Dave Parris | Judge: Manuel Maritxalar | Judge: Alfred Asaro | Judge: Don Ackerman ~
IBF Light Welterweight Title
Live on Main Event PPV (Aust.)Sunday June 5 from 9am EAST
WelterweightDavid Barnes v Joshua Okine12 Commonwealth (British Empire) Welterweight Title
CruiserweightEnzo Maccarinelli v ?10
HeavyweightDanny Williams v Zoltan Petranyi8
Light MiddleweightWayne Alexander v Christian Bladt8
Light MiddleweightMatthew Hall v ?6
HeavyweightMartin Rogan v Tony Booth4
HeavyweightAlexander Povetkin v Dave Clarke4 Pro debut for Povetkin
Light WelterweightPaul McCloskey v ?4

Some decent fighters in there worth a watch.

FD

Cheers fd there really do look some good fights on there Tommy McDonagh i thought hed disapeared used to be a lot like the Naseem Style but we will see, Just seen Hatton on the news he looks really sharpe!

Yep, looking forward to this weekend very much, Tyson also goes against McBride I believe too, sometime on Sunday.

Not sure if we'll see it over here. Really he's lost his appeal a long time ago.

FD

Damn - i have been so tuned into the Champs League run, that i have been negelecting my boxing shit. The Hatton fight is this weekend?? . .Should be awesome. i see Kosta win by TKO - Hatton is fun as hell but too many defensive flaws.

Hatton v Gatti - now there's a fight!

Very dissapointed in Brodie last night just what was he doing in that first round! i thought he came back well but shouldnt have been put down like that! Id love to see Harrison vs Chi that would stop him! Im sure its Gatti vs Mayweather soon winner of that vs the winner of tonights bout could be on the cards!

Ricky H did brilliantly yesterday morning. It wasn't a very good/nice fight to watch, but Hatton used his head and never let up with Tsyu, keeping close to him all the time. He did get hit with some great shots, but took them really well. Was surprised to see Tsyu quit on his stool, but was probably right out of juice by then anyway.

Although I think Gatti or Mayweather (who I think will win) will beat Hatton, as would the best of em all Miguel Cotto.

Harrison was too strong for Brodie also, although as you mentioned I think Chi would be a great fight, and think Chi would be too good for him. Would think Chi would win on points. His fight with Morales was a classic.

See that Tyson is on the bill next week too against McBride.

FD

Yup great night at the M.E.N although my seat was shit and i couldnt see fuck all! I still cant believe how he walked through some of them big shots by Kosta, Hatton has a much better chin than i thought. Ive heard there could be probs getting the fight on with the winner of Mayweather Vs Gatti as there on a different Tv network!

Tip my hat to Hatton. What a chin. What a fighter. He made a world champ in Kosta fight his fight at his pace. kosta never got a chance to set things up with his jab. he was harassed, pummeled and suffocated at every chance.

Hatton has always been a fun fighter to watch, but his performance on Saturday was simply outstanding. He won the physical and the psychological battle over one of the best in the sport.

Just watched it, great fight, Hatton showed phenomenal strength and resilience.

Disappointing to hear the Australian anthem booed, seems certain elements in English society still haven't grown up, fucking scum :(

jamie_mack said:
Hey ghazi what did the American press say about it?

It was basically echoing my sentiments - i.e. they knew Hatton had heart and guts, but were surprised at his ability to dictate the course and tempo of the fight against a fighter like Kosta. They loved his chin, too. American's love winners. . and warriors, and that kid is both.

I think a fight on US soil would be great for his exposure here. And then match him with Gatti, regardless of Gatti's result v. Mayweather.

Back
Top Bottom