Boxing Talk!!

Any of you guys seen the Harrison/Williams fight? Must say it was such a yawn until the last couple of rounds. Man, i wanted Danny to win but really i expected Audley to! But what does Audley Harrison think he was doing? He wasn't even throwing any serious punches at Williams! He was just tapping him most of the time rather than jabbing! This is suppose to be a future British heavyweight champion on the horizon...or so he and the media claims! Mind you though i never rated Audley at all! Williams quoted that Harrison was a celebrity boxer and now i really do agree. Harrison quoted that Danny is talented but always slips up when he steps up a level, well what happened? Williams stepped up to him this time and who came out on top? As if Harrison ever stepped up anyway with the opponents he fought! He's what..32 or so now? And he's thinking of becoming a world heavyweight champ...do me a favour!
Anyway, the fight was pretty close though specially the last few rounds if Harrison dug in abit more i reckon he may have won but credit to Williams! A re-match should be a talking point already among the promoters i bet.
Oh yea, and BIG UP to Aimar Khan! The kid was fantastic! Thought he was gonna be in for abit of a rough ride but he came out on top. Anyone see that guy when he got knocked down and he foolishy tried to do a kung fu flip back up on his feet but failed. Man, you just got knocked down why don't you just pick yourself up normally instead of inflicting more embarassment to yourself. lol.

Have to agree about Audley Harrison - what an embarassment. Anybody on this forum could have put up a better show thanhim last night. I wasn't surprised at all though. Once the BBC "up" a boxer, the wheels usually come off. He's missed his chance a long time ago as far as I can see - no ambition, just happy beating run of the mill boxers.

Amir Khan however, is going to be very big. Quick hands and a quick brain for working out his opponent last night, who was very experienced. He says he hopes to be world champion within another 15 fights......

Yep Khan does look good. He seems to have a level head on him too, so hopefully that'll help him.

As for the HW clash, oh dear. Thought Williams just shaded it but it was damn awful. Although I was glad he kinda one, because he came out with a peach of a comment in the press about Harrison, said something like "If he could win belt's for his mouth he'd be the champion, actually he'd unify all the belts". :mrgreen:

Heavy-Weight scene is just woeful at the moment.

FD

ITV Big Time Boxing....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What a absolute joke that was! Highlight of the night had to be seing fat Naz again i just cant help but laugh! In all seriousness thank god we have better boxers to show the states, i cant believe some mugs would have paid to watch it....

I really dont know what was up with Harrison ive seen him far better than that, he looked like he just didnt fancy it! Khan looked good but still has along way to go, i thought they would have moved him beyond 4 rounders by now!

I see David Haye is on next week, he doesnt seem to have done much this year i thought he would have come further than what he has...

Sure it would be a great fight, would look forward to that. Both fighters would put on a belter I'm sure.

Also notice that Frank Warren (I think it's him) is speaking with Don King about getting the winner from Skelton and Williams and putting him up against the giant Valuev (or whatever his name is).

FD

Anyone catch the rematch of Morales vs Pacquiao(sp) at the weekend, another great fight between the two i thought it was a better bout than the 1st but i was never expecting Pacquiao to stop him!

It really is changing of the guard time in the boxing world!

Missed this. :(

Was surprised that Morales got stopped, he's my favourite at the moment, although as is mentioned times look like they're changing and there are new people taking over the mantle.

FD

Wamt to see it? I have it as a 214mb "nsv" file, also includes the Martin Castillo vs Alexander Munoz fight (hadn't heard of either but it was a good fight all the same) :)

Thanks a mill. for the offer mate, but I'll skip it, wouldn't mind have watched it without the outcome being known, so not overly bothered.

Offer appreciated though. ;)

FD

Watched Froch tonight, not very impressive, but got the win in the end.

Next month or so should be good for British Boxing. And it's all on ITV with the looks of it, ITV1 & ITV4.

Tomorrow:-

Alex Arthur fights

Next Week:-

Skelton vs Williams

inc. Khan

Week After:-

Calzaghe vs Lacey

End of Next Month (24th I think):-

Harrison vs Guzman.

FD

Well the weekend they said that the HW fight was a good one, I wasn't too keen on it, although it was better than Williams and Harrison.

Think Williams probably just deserved it, Skelton was lucky not to be deducted any points tbh.

Khan impressed again.

Next week should be a corker, Calzaghe vs Lacey from Manchester, fight doesn't start till 2am or thereabouts. :shock: Enzo Marcarenelli and Wayne Alexander are also on show. I fancy Lacey to beat him, wouldn't surprise me if he KO's him, but could see it going the distance.

FD

Jeez, that was as one-sided a fight as I can ever remember.

Lacey got himself a new face punched into shape for him courtesy of Calzaghe. Have to admit I don't think he'll ever recover from that beating and know that I'll always think of him as a bitch. Best quitting and living on the money he has. :mrgreen:

FD

Calzaghe was simply amazing, I guess I also bought the Lacy hype and assumed he'd knock Calzaghe out with one punch, but Joe beat the absolute living shit out of him, awesome, awesome performance, even better than Hatton v Tszyu IMO.

I loved it between rounds after round 2 I think it was, Joe in the corner talking to his Dad "he can't punch for shit", "he's fucking nothing" :)

Sensational performance, i like you Placebo thought lacy would destroy Joe as much as i wanted him to win, with all the pull outs ect i didn't think Calzaghe had the hunger anymore, but that was just simply amazing!

Lacy just didn't have a clue, he must be embarrassed by it being so one sided i wonder what the Americans are saying about it...?

Anyone see Cotto V Branco? I think it was probably the first Cotto fight I've seen and I really wasn't impressed, on that showing he's nowhere near the level Hatton is, definitely for the Hatton camp it would be a good fight to take.

Gatti would be a good matchup but he's on his way down in the World's eye, Cotto and Mayweather are the two biggest, most competitive fights available, and to be honest I'm not sure I see Hatton beating Mayweather.

Yeah I agree mate, for me Mayweather is the best boxer in the world.

Cotto doesn't impress me, his last few fights have been poor displays.

FD

Mayweather is fighting Zab Judah on April 8th at welterweight for Judah's IBF belt! Ive heard that Baldomir who beat Judah recently wants a match up with Hatton, but from what im hearing hes getting pressure for a manditry defence.

Judah would be better having a little go at being a Crash Test Dummy than going against the best in the world.

FD

World championship fight against current champion Chris Byrd vs "Dr. Steel Hammer" Wladimir Klitschko has just ended and in 6th round Klitschko won by TKO having put Byrd down 2 times in a fight that he totally controlled. Klitschkos left straight right "Hammer straight" combination was too much for Byrd, he never got near Klitschko because of left straights Steel Hammer throwed at Byrds and occasionally hitting the famous hard right through Byrds guard. I would like to see more of this class fighters in boxing ring.

Tbh, the HW scene is awful and Wladimir would only be the best of a bad lot, he has a glass chin.

FD

correction it was 7th round when referee stopped match :)
yeah i heard he has glass chin but byrd didnt got one shot at it. but im more MMA type of guy myself and i know these boxers would get killed in fight like that.

McLoughlinposter_Dudley_Web2_.jpg

Our great Irish middleweight hope John Duddy: He's 16-0 with 15KO's, 2 fights ago left the opponent with a broken hand in the first round and in his last fight he gave Shelby Pudwill 3 knockdowns and a broken jaw 1 minute and 36 seconds into the first round.

Last edited:
Calzaghe's next opponent will be decided soon, i think the strong favourite was James Toney... but on bbc.co.uk it says Peter Manfredo Jr. is a strong contender, i personally think if Calzaghe went ahead and fought Manfredo he'd destroy him.

There is no way whatsoever Toney can come down to light heavy or whatever weight is right for Calzaghe, and there's no way Calzaghe is moving up to Heavyweight.

Back
Top Bottom