Borderlands Xbox 360, PS3

Anyone else noticed the challenge list? I think it's the inventory screen, pressing Y brings it up and you have COD-style challenges like "50 headshots" or "Fire 10 rockets" etc which all give you XP :)

Yea, its great! You can sometimes miss it in the medlam, but when you get one of the challenges, it does pop up at the top of the screen with the XP earned.

Loving the gun fights around the turbines - lots of hiding places and sniping opportunities. Not been so into a game in a long while!

Found this on AVForums:

I got round the health thing by always keeping a shield that regenerates my health, regardless of how good the actual shield is. Whenever one particular fight is over, I just equip it for a little bit and let me health return, then switch back to my main shield. :cool:

DOH! I've been throwing those shields away!! :CURSE:

I'm going on this tonight and ploughing some hours in. What level are you now, Paul? Fancy some co-op this evening?

Found this on AVForums:

DOH! I've been throwing those shields away!! :CURSE:

I'm going on this tonight and ploughing some hours in. What level are you now, Paul? Fancy some co-op this evening?

*Think* I got up to 12/13 last night.

Defo do some co-op. Not sure what time, but if we're about at the same time, I'll send you a XBL message.

Good stuff, we're at the same level then so should make things pretty good for both of us!

I've noticed Jay's on a lot as well, though I think he's a few levels higher than us now.

Cool :)

Its the only game in a long while that has made me think about it when not playing. Like last night in bed trying to get to sleep, I was thinking about the missions, what weapons to get, better ways to snipe etc - I just wanted to get up and get back on it! :LOL:

Cool :)

Its the only game in a long while that has made me think about it when not playing. Like last night in bed trying to get to sleep, I was thinking about the missions, what weapons to get, better ways to snipe etc - I just wanted to get up and get back on it! :LOL:

:LOL: I've been like that, about where I can go to snipe from now on :)

I reckon I'll be firing it up when I get home.

Yeah this game is well addictive, it's been a while since a game could make me think about it when I'm not on. I reckon the last time I was this excited, was when GTA IV released.

i was loving this until I played with my bro who was miles higher up in the rankings than me. My weapons were doing fuck all to the people he was fight ing and now loads of missions are on my screen where i was doing them one by one nice and neat.

i was loving this until I played with my bro who was miles higher up in the rankings than me. My weapons were doing fuck all to the people he was fight ing and now loads of missions are on my screen where i was doing them one by one nice and neat.

Never mind eh?

Fucking hell! Just got into Sledge's safehouse and there's this Badass Bandit who's hard as fuck to kill!!! Took me about 10 tries so far, I've ran out of ammo and just cannot get anything off him!! Doing my head in now :(

Edit: DONE! :BOP: Went outside and found loads of ammo, went back and peppered him with sniper bullets then charged in like a mad man with my SMG :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting him off after that woman told me everything I've done so far is easy compared to him :SHOCK:

Just doing side-missions for now, got my Level to 15 and Sledge is recommended to be at 18 I think.

Sorry I missed out on Co-Op'ing last night. Worked till later than I thought, then had to go to ASDA and missus wanted to watch a Fringe when we got back - so didnt get on till gone 10.

Found it really hard fighting across the map to even get to Sledge's hideout - all the Skags are mega hard on this map. Might go back and level up some more with easier missions?...

Sledge's safehouse was great! Once I got passed that initial enemy I was stuck on, it just went full on with bullets everywhere!

That Roid Rage thing, the boss, frustrated me a few times. About 3 times I managed to get him right down to what must've been something silly like 1% health but just couldn't get enough shots out to finish him.

In the end, I did it a sneaky way. Just before you go into the arena, you drop down into boxes and then jump up the boxes into the arena. I had loads of sniper ammo left and could just get to his head between the caged off area and the wall, so just kept firing critical shots at his head, finished him from range in about 10 secs or so :LOL:

Cracking level that, though.

I've now got about 2-3 guns which I'm not leveled up enough to use, I need to get to Lvl 16 so not long until I unleash havoc :D

The leveling on this is superb compared to Oblivion. Each area has it's own level. The first area, the Badlands, with the base camp and that blind guy, is RIDICULOUSLY easy now. I noticed I hadn't done a job to collect some seeds from Skag Gully. I managed to walk through the Gully just meleeing the Skags rather than waste bullets, then picked up loads of ammo and stocked up while managing to get some very easy XP for finishing the mission :D

This is as fun as Batman: AA was, and that makes it a GOTY contender for me.

If anyone sees me on Borderlands tonight, give me a shout and I'll be happy to try co-op :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've beat the main plot, and most of the side missions as well. However, a lot of the game achievements are glitched. Therefore, I'll not be able to get my 1000/1000 but will manage at least 900/1000.

1up reports that Borderlands players are encountering a rather serious bug that resets their character's skills to zero when they try the game online.

According to posts on the Borderlands forum, skill points and weapon proficiencies are sometimes lost when you join or leave an online play session, and players have no option but to start from scratch with a new character. The problem has been experienced across 360 and PS3.

"We're working on it. Unfortunately there isn't a fix just yet, but when one is available we hope to be able to repair as much of your character data as possible," a Gearbox rep replied to one unlucky player.

Gearbox says the frequency of the bug is "very low" in its known issues list, but it's serious enough that we thought it worth bringing to your attention. You might want to think twice before going online with the game if you don't want to lose progress.

Thanks for that Dags, I'll stick to offline then.

Loving this so far, was expecting to hate it but wow. So good.

One of my favourite games of the year so far, for me games like this crap on Batman and even Uncharted 2 (which is excellent, and is a brilliant package, but for me it's like the Bond games - well put together but painfully linear and painfully short, whereas games like this have huge replay value).

I don't think it's better than Fallout 3 but it's close. If you had a few more options, and people chased you for stealing their stuff, it would be a close call.

I love all the game references as well, the Fallout-style bobblehead and the "would you kindly" line from Bioshock (perhaps they'll argue that they're coincidental but I think not). :D

For me this game isn't even in the same league as Uncharted 2 let alone Fallout 3. There's no engaging story, there's no atmosphere or drama, the environments are far too similar and it doesn't have the same variety of things to do that make it new or refreshing. To me it feels like another fun FPS/RPG sandbox type game with masses to do. Don't get me wrong, there's loads of replay value and a vast range of weapons to collect which make it a great game but it's no where near a GOTY contender.

I have officially finished the game, beat every side quest, and finished the main story plot. Got the full 1000/1000 gamer score on it! And I feel like a complete loser :D. But anyway, great game!

Any tips?

I'm doing all the missions in the order I find them but currently I'm level 14 against level 18 b@$t@7ds who kill me with 3-4 shots.

I'm all for levelling up before I do these missions but I can't find any that are any easier...?!

(Currently I'm going to kill Sledge or something. Just got past some bastard machine gun turret thing.)

Make sure you do as many missions from the bounty boards as you can, they help you level up loads.

Back
Top Bottom