Borderlands Xbox 360, PS3

that sounds no brainer fun then...just a good shooter?

Whats the environemnet slike...is it all simialr to fallout 3 type post apolycitc open envrinoments....or intense small indoor levels and differnet sceneray too or not really?

The maps are huge and VERY open, there are some areas with many houses (when you start) and different levels offer different environments. Some of the game is indoors as well.

I'd say this is a buy-title, it has plenty of main missions plus side missions you could do. I'm going for all the achievements, already on about 355 g's in 2 days. Dags if you need some help on achievements (Duel ones) let me know!

The maps are huge and VERY open, there are some areas with many houses (when you start) and different levels offer different environments. Some of the game is indoors as well.

I'd say this is a buy-title, it has plenty of main missions plus side missions you could do. I'm going for all the achievements, already on about 355 g's in 2 days. Dags if you need some help on achievements (Duel ones) let me know!

so its got actual levels and mission kinda linear maps its not on big continous game like fallout?

Ill prob buy on pc

Well I wouldn't quite call it a storyline to be honest, it's more of you go to this guy and do a mission for him, you might meet new guys and do missions for them. But you meet different people in different places. And when I said levels in the other post, i meant different quests or missions.
But so far I wouldn't say it's continuous at all, it's very fun and addictive.

Oh and Dags, the game may start quite easy but it'll get very difficulty VERY soon for you. I struggled when i was around level 7 or so. Hopefully tomorrow we can play some co-op.

Well I wouldn't quite call it a storyline to be honest, it's more of you go to this guy and do a mission for him, you might meet new guys and do missions for them. But you meet different people in different places. And when I said levels in the other post, i meant different quests or missions.
But so far I wouldn't say it's continuous at all, it's very fun and addictive.

Oh and Dags, the game may start quite easy but it'll get very difficulty VERY soon for you. I struggled when i was around level 7 or so. Hopefully tomorrow we can play some co-op.

ok i get ya....

Gonna trade PES in for this today. Not heard too much about it, but would people that have it say that it is good?

You like this then Dags? Worth getting (well, trading PES for?)

Definately worth getting. Did you like Fallout 3, or rather the setting, the loot collecting and customising weapons? And do you like FPS games? If so, it's a must-buy :)

Get the 360 one mate, you can join a co-op session with Matt and me :D

Definately worth getting. Did you like Fallout 3, or rather the setting, the loot collecting and customising weapons? And do you like FPS games? If so, it's a must-buy :)

Yea, defo gonna get it on the 360. Becoming my console of choice for new games now. The PS3 has been switched to the lounge because my missus likes the music games (as do my family/friends) and its easier to get everyone around the TV in the lounge.

Also, the Blu-Ray is now being used and I can sell my standalone BluRay. Then the 360 in my office (read den!) is what I'm really enjoying day-to-day now with FIFA, Forza and XBL. :DANCE:

So yea, getting this on 360 and will jump in with you guys.

if i get it, can i do co-ops with you guys, as i am generally rubbish at these games, and playing with you will help

Good stuff PB, this game is really fun! How far are you now Dags?

Didn't play it last night so around Level 12 I think? Still in the Arid Badlands just tidying up the missions that were on the billboard :)

if i get it, can i do co-ops with you guys, as i am generally rubbish at these games, and playing with you will help

Of course mate. Up to 4 players co-op so the more the merrier. Apparantly if you do co-op and some people are loads of levels lower than the person with the highest level, they wont get even close to killing the AI. BUT what they can do is have a field day with the loot that you find because it'll probably be useless to the higher level guys but it'll be incredible for the lower level people compared to the weapons they have at that time.

I must admit this game is pretty good. I don't think it's as good as Fallout 3 in terms of being an RPG, but I like the setting and the weapons are superb in this. Also, it feels unique playing an FPS game with cell shading.

I do have one major problem with this game though. Once I've finished playing, save my game and shut the console down for another time, the next time I load up that save I find the enemies have completely respawned on the level. Now I wouldn't mind this so much if it put me back to square one in the level and gave me my ammo back or reset the money I'd spent on buying ammo to defeat them in the first place, but it's annoying to have to plow through the 20+ enemies again with less ammo and money, especially when I had to spend money to defeat them in the first place. That's one of the major drawbacks for me. If I play it from start to finish it's great, but I would ideally like to pick up where I left off, rather than having to repeat defeating hordes of enemies every time I start up the game.

Last edited:
Basically Bobby, if you're struggling on a part (which you will near the beginning, everyone i know is) I could join you, me being a level 21 right now and help you defeat the enemies. Therefore, you could progress with that certain part. But yes feel free to add me as a friend, and I'll help you.

Basically Bobby, if you're struggling on a part (which you will near the beginning, everyone i know is) I could join you, me being a level 21 right now and help you defeat the enemies. Therefore, you could progress with that certain part. But yes feel free to add me as a friend, and I'll help you.

I could do with your help Matt... if only I had Live :(.

I'm at this hideout underground where I'm trying to retrieve a Gate key, but before I can do that I have to defeat this massive boss (The Roid Rage Boss) who throws grenades at you. I've used countless rockets/shotgun shells/sniper bullets on him and the bugger just will not die. I'm level 12 btw. Any tips for a lone ranger?

That one was hard I remember, keep using your sniper rifle at first and then try and come closer and aim for his head (for the critical shots). Also the knife seems quite effective on him. But I'd suggest you take out the other enemies around him, and if you die, it's okay because you'll respawn and they wont.

By the way Matt, get Live please :P

This game gets harder and harder! Level 22 at the moment. The game is still fun, not getting boring at all.

And Dags thanks for the replies, earlier on live.

No probs :TU:

I've just had to go to pick up a key, and I went to it from a cliffside. Thought I'd try and take everyone out with my sniper rifle (which sets them on fire as well when it hits) and it worked a treat! :APPLAUD: Polished quite a few of them off while some skags attacked the ones I didn't shoot at :LOL:

Brilliant stuff. I've found some weapons, a new assault rifle and a sniper rifle, which are miles better than what I have but I can't use them until I grow a few levels.

It's just got that "one more mission" feeling, it's hard to finish a mission and turn it off because you see that another mission is close so you might as well go to that as well :LOL:

Loving the second chance feature as well.

Did get this in the end (got £25 for PES2010 and £5 on my reward card, so was only £9.99)...

Absolutely loving it! I didnt really get into Fallout much though could appreciate it was a decent game. But I think the more FPS style of this makes it more exciting and like everyone keeps saying (even the guy in Game said at the counter) that it has a 'one more go' factor for sure.

Only got to play an hour or so before going out, but tempted to can MoTD and go play it :LOL: Seems so much to explore and do, plus loads of achievements (not the XBL ones) that are great too.

Thought I'd have a quick go of this last night after MOTD and finished playing at half 2!!!! (yes, AFTER the clocks had gone back :LOL:).

Got up this morning at 8ish and stuck it straight on - love it!

Was stuck for ages on...

Bone Head and it was costing me all my money on respawns and new weapons/ammo and I just couldnt see a way past him. In the end I had literally no money to respawn, so I thought I'd go try some other jobs and that took me down a whole new path.

Killed loads of Skags, got loads of loot, pulled off some of the other jobs and was eventually tooled up enough to take on Bone Head - and like you Dags, I used the Sniper rifle with incendiary bullets (how cool is that BTW?) - but also set up a turret to help out and was also lobbing sticky grenades, most of which stuck and exploded on him! :LOL:

Great game though, highly recommend it.

Great few weeks in gaming for me - FIFA, Forza, Borderlands and next week, DJ Hero which I pre-ordered in Game yesterday. Will trade in NFS:Shift to get £25 off.

Think I might buy this BUT...

.... Im currently still playing, uncahrted 2, call of juarez, crysis 2, fallout 3, splinter cell double agent, splinter cell chaos theory, mirrors edge, swat 4, graw 2, FEAR expansion, hitman blood money, far cry 2, fm 2009, gears of war, ninja gaiden sigma, mercs 2, bond QoS, saints row 2, red faction guerrilla wars, mgs 3, final fantasy 8, yakuza, path of neo......I should really complete games before I buy new ones haha...I also want to buy batman, COd MW2

lol

Thought I'd have a quick go of this last night after MOTD and finished playing at half 2!!!! (yes, AFTER the clocks had gone back :LOL:).

Got up this morning at 8ish and stuck it straight on - love it!

Was stuck for ages on...

Bone Head and it was costing me all my money on respawns and new weapons/ammo and I just couldnt see a way past him. In the end I had literally no money to respawn, so I thought I'd go try some other jobs and that took me down a whole new path.

Killed loads of Skags, got loads of loot, pulled off some of the other jobs and was eventually tooled up enough to take on Bone Head - and like you Dags, I used the Sniper rifle with incendiary bullets (how cool is that BTW?) - but also set up a turret to help out and was also lobbing sticky grenades, most of which stuck and exploded on him! :LOL:

Great game though, highly recommend it.

Great few weeks in gaming for me - FIFA, Forza, Borderlands and next week, DJ Hero which I pre-ordered in Game yesterday. Will trade in NFS:Shift to get £25 off.

Same here haha, Been staying up till 3 AM every day from friday for this game. :YAWN:

I'd love to mate, but I have to go to class tomorrow and due to time difference that's difficult. If you lot got on at 2 PM uk time every night on the week I could, but on fridays/saturday nights I can stay up till very late.

Anyone else noticed the challenge list? I think it's the inventory screen, pressing Y brings it up and you have COD-style challenges like "50 headshots" or "Fire 10 rockets" etc which all give you XP :)

Back
Top Bottom