• Have 360 HD-DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I download all the movies I ever need

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • TV supplier and On Demand movies do me

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
American Gangster is out tomorrow (Movietyme), I forgot to pre order it :CURSE:, thats a 5/10 day wait now.

I have a huge DVD library 450 plus discs with another two hundred odd films I need to purchase ie Scenes From A Marriage, Yojimbo.

The price of Blue-Ray discs is prohibitive so until they fall further to current DVD prices I'm not buying them.

My new desktop does have a blue ray drive & some of the new desktop PCs released this September inc.the latest HP Elite Pavilion can not only play Blue-Ray but burn blue-ray discs.

It is the way to go esp.if you have a HDMI monitor & graphics chipset that supports HD & Blue-Ray.

I guess after Blue-Ray it will be tiny solid state devices which can store your whole library of music, video, books in the space the size of a sugar cube. :))

I have a huge DVD library 450 plus discs with another two hundred odd films I need to purchase ie Scenes From A Marriage, Yojimbo.

The price of Blue-Ray discs is prohibitive so until they fall further to current DVD prices I'm not buying them.

My new desktop does have a blue ray drive & some of the new desktop PCs released this September inc.the latest HP Elite Pavilion can not only play Blue-Ray but burn blue-ray discs.

It is the way to go esp.if you have a HDMI monitor & graphics chipset that supports HD & Blue-Ray.

I guess after Blue-Ray it will be tiny solid state devices which can store your whole library of music, video, books in the space the size of a sugar cube. :))

nah mate, streaming, blue ray will be dead in less then five years

attachment.php

Step Brothers won't be released in the UK until February 2nd 2009, but if you want it before Christmas, get a hold of the North American release. It's region-free and is released on December 2.

Cause everyone has an internet connection, and a graphics card capable of handling HD movies yes.

my xbox can handle all of that, plus my HD tv should be able to handle it fine. its not streaming to your pc, but to devices like an xbox. I dont think you understand.

Anyone know where I can get remastered version of Superman Returns, the one with Dolby Digital True HD and Uncompressed audio?

Dexter Season 1 on 6th January 2009.

Episodes are spread across 3 discs and will be presented in 1080P widescreen with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital and English SDH subtitles. Extras include:

* Commentary with Jennifer Carpenter, David Zayas, Lauren Vélez and Erik King on "Return to Sender"
* Commentary with Producers Sara Colleton, Clyde Phillips and Daniel Cerone on "Born Free"
* BD-Live Special Features:
o The Academy Of Blood - A Killer Course
o Witnessed In Blood - A True Murder Investigation
o Michael C. Hall Podcast
o First Episode of DEXTER, Season 3 :)
o First two episodes of UNITED STATES OF TARA

dexterblurayfront.jpg

Day 1 purchase.

A lot of people have told me over the years too buy this but I've never gone through with it, from your post I gather its worth it on BD...

PS: Dexter is region locked, stupid Paramount!

:RANT:

Last edited:
There's a grain to it, and I'm gonna put it down to it being shot in a 40s style if you get what I mean. There's a filter to make things appear older, more washed out, all part of the shooting style.

But the clarity and detail on things like people's faces is excellent, the sound is perfect, and the series itself is well worth buying either way.

In addition, WDSHE North America will also be expanding its Blu-ray catalog library with more than 30 exciting releases including Lost: The Complete First and Second Seasons (ABC); Sin City (Miramax); Pulp Fiction Special Edition (Miramax); Good Will Hunting Special Edition (Miramax) and many more to follow in 2009.

Rest of the article

Great news about Lost and Pulp Fiction, Sin City is already out in Canada but doesn't have any extras hopefully this will have something new, Also they had better release Lost S3 in Europe too.

I'm disappointed that The Incredibles isn't on that list though, I guess its a 2010 release then. I won't be deleting my HD recording on my Sky box until its out.

Also I got Band of Brothers today, I'll start watching it tomorrow.

Profile 3.0 is GO! Maybe

Technical Audio Devices (TAD), a subsidiary of Pioneer Electronics, will be demonstrating a new audio-only Blu-ray format at their booth at CES this year. This format, which will provide uncompressed 24bit 192kHz stereo audio, has not been named, though it sounds like this may be the first Blu-ray Profile 3.0 (Audio Only) demonstration.

While most Blu-ray users are familiar with Profiles 1.0, 1.1 (BonusView), and 2.0 (BD-Live), very few are aware that Blu-ray has yet another profile which allows for an audio only experience. Basically, the same audio codecs can be used (PCM, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio) to provide users with a lossless/uncompressed audio experience at the highest fidelity, but without any requirements for video interaction. Much like CDs or SACDs, the disc would only have to be inserted into the player before it would automatically begin playing. All current players would be capable of playing the disc, but the spec allows for other, audio only players to be released as well.

Once we receive more information about this format, we will let you know.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2245

Season One and Two of Lost Dated for June

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring 'Lost: The Complete First Season' and 'Lost: The Complete 2nd Season: The Extended Experience' to Blu-ray on June 16th. Video will be presented in 1080p AVC accompanied by PCM 5.1 soundtracks. While there have been no Blu-ray exclusive features announced at this time, all extras from the previous DVD releases will be included.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2471

Step Brothers won't be released in the UK until February 2nd 2009, but if you want it before Christmas, get a hold of the North American release. It's region-free and is released on December 2.

Turned it off after 15min......

Might get band of brothers for that price, Ive got the DVD box but its really really good and in HD would be even better.

And gomito has a point, Ive bought a WD TV recently, 2 even, and getting the HD episodes online and watching off of that makes the need for bluray redundant. The only thing that is keeping full scale movie downloads back is net speed, and thats only going to get faster and faster. Although I would only pay for a hardcopy or download, unlimited digital viewing and 2x burn rights.

Prison Break Post-Finale on the Way to Blu-ray

Our friends over at TV Shows on DVD have the inside scoop that 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will bring the post-finale direct-to-video movie 'Prison Break: The Final Break' to Blu-ray on July 21st, day-and-date with the DVD. Meant to conclude the series by filling in holes left by the finale, video will be presented in 1080p AVC accompanied by a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Extras for this release have not been detailed at this time.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2576&page=0

------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Season 5 Announced for Blu-ray

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring 'Lost: The Complete Fifth Season' to Blu-ray on December 8th, day-and-date with the DVD release. Technical specs have not been announced at this time, though you can expect to see 1080p AVC video accompanied by a lossless soundtrack.

Special features have also yet to be announced in total, but we do know that the release will feature cast interviews, behind-the-scenes features, and exclusive Blu-ray content.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2570

I already have the 10 disc Matrix DVD boxset. Am I missing anything from the Bluray collection?

I mean, I've bought Blurays for movies I already have before but when you've paid £30 for a boxset, I wouldnt want to pay another £60 or whatever it is if picture quality is all I'm getting.
I had extra features, trailers and stuff like that in mind with my question above.

EDIT
Dont get this confused with the Matrix Trilogy boxset on Bluray like I did. Thats only 3 discs (which I thought was the 10 DVDs compressed onto 3 discs using the extra capacity of Blurays). The Matrix Ultimate Collection is what I'm talking about, which is 10 discs on DVD and 7 discs on Bluray.

Well all I can say is it'll surely just be the DVD contents with better quality, cause I don't think there is anything new content wise that they could possibly include?

Back
Top Bottom