• Have 360 HD-DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I download all the movies I ever need

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • TV supplier and On Demand movies do me

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only difference is the HD picture and HD sound, that would be enough for me. Also most of the extras are in SD too.

The Supplements: Digging Into the Good Stuff

When Warner first released the gargantuan 'The Matrix' trilogy box set on DVD a few years back, it set the bar for sheer volume of supplemental material. It's simply information overload, with so many audio commentaries, documentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes and short films that it's possible to imagine even the most diehard 'Matrix' fan feeling a little overwhelmed.

This embarrassment of riches continued with last year's HD DVD release, which ported over all of the same materials, plus threw in a few exclusive picture-in-picture commentaries. Warner has not given Blu-ray short thrift, for now we have 'The Ultimate Matrix Collection' which again compiles over 35 hours of material in one mammoth seven disc set. A bit more compact than the seven discs found in the HD DVD edition, for Blu-ray Warner spreads out the extras across three BD-50 dual-layer movie discs, another BD-50 for 'The Animatrix,' and two more standard DVD platters with additional extras (one double-sided).

Unfortunately, like the HD DVD, the Blu-ray finds much of this bonus material presented in 480p/i/MPEG-2 only. To the studio's credit, they have headed high-def fan outcry, and this time we get upgraded 1080p/VC-1 video and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround audio (48kHz/16-bit) on 'The Animatrix,' which on the HD DVD was standard-def only. No, this entire box is still not in full HD, but it's still a jump up from the HD DVD.

Review.

No need for me to buy that Prison Break special any more, I'll get S1 and 2 when FOX get their act together. :RANT:

Sky1 has secured the world premiere of two special Prison Break episodes billed as a movie.

The channel will air the two-hour series finale on Tuesday, May 19, during which a major character is said to be killed off. The final scenes will flash forward four years into the future, revealing which character meets their maker.

The following week, Sky1 will air the exclusive world premiere of another two-hour special, Prison Break: The Final Break, which will fill in the gap between the present day and the four-year flash forward.

The series finale of Prison Break airs on Sky1 on Tuesday, May 19 at 10pm. Prison Break: The Final Break can be seen on Sky1 on Wednesday, May 27 at 10pm.
Digital Spy

Are we allowed to sell Blu-Rays in this thread?

I bought a player and a load of blu-rays off a mate and am getting rid of some

Can't see it listed at the moment.

Tobi you got Ghostbuster ? if yes, what do you think about the quality, because i see few bad previews.

I've got it, I think it looks good, its definitely not demo material but I don't think it can look any better.

A lot of people are complaining about the grain but the picture maintains the original look of the film, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Can't see it listed at the moment.

For some reason it got a Spanish release! Seems strange that it's out there and not in the rest of the EU or even America... I guess it would play in English on a UK PS3 anyway, but I wonder if its possible to turn the subtitles off.

Tobi, i find your next avatar

5587_front.jpg

DVD and Blu-Ray
fightclub70thbrdopenv.jpg

I got Breach on Bluray from Spain (it's only had a Spanish release, but you can set the language back to English via the menus) - its a great film, well worth getting if you get the chance!

I recently bought Fight Club, looking forward to watching it, its supposed to be an excellent disc. Got Up on pre order too.

Guess I'll wait for that then, I give away my S4 now.

Back
Top Bottom