Barcelona

Zico said:
Whats happening Barcelona actually managed to win a game yesterday against Zaragoza. :D

Im sure they won because I wore my Barcelona shirt yesterday, maybe if I keep wearing it they might get a CL spot. ;)

Zico supports Barcelona, too. What a suprise.

its also rumoured Larsson is on his way to the Nou Camp in the summer. seems a bit strange since Barca have an abundance of forwards altho i guess it also mean Kluivert is on his way out?

I think that Larsson would be a great addition to the Barca frontline.

Proven goal scorer, free transfer, lots of £ less than Kluivert, and an apetite for success.

Just hope they get Davids too, and i guess Nike will have their say too, which will make it easier for them.

ninjabreakz said:
Zico said:
Whats happening Barcelona actually managed to win a game yesterday against Zaragoza. :D

Im sure they won because I wore my Barcelona shirt yesterday, maybe if I keep wearing it they might get a CL spot. ;)

Zico supports Barcelona, too. What a suprise.

I don't support them, I just like to collect footy shirts.

i cant understand how they struggle so much when you look at the players they have

I wouldn't say they were bad, it's because the mentality in La Liga is to attack. In Italy, it's to defend, and in England it's kind of balanced I think.

ClassicD said:
I wouldn't say they were bad, it's because the mentality in La Liga is to attack. In Italy, it's to defend, and in England it's kind of balanced I think.

Hmmm, i think English teams also are much more focused towards attacking. In any case a lot of English teams have a rubbish defence.

yeah i would say the majority of spainish teams play with much more of a balance than the premiership ones. its only really barca and madrid that properly dont care about defending.

why the hell didnt barca keep antic. it seems to me as if the dutch coaches at barca really struggle to get the players properly motivated and focused. i guess u could say they kind of deserve their current predicament the way theyv treated people like robson and antic.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Anyone see Ronaldinho's PES3-style ball flicking against Bilbao? It was pretty funny. :)

Yeah, I saw the highlights of that game last night, on a Welsh programe called SGORIO (superb show, just shit that its all in Welsh) and Ronaldinho`s flicks were class. I still reckon he should have come to United. Barca are not even in the bloody Champions League, and he is a World Cup winner. Strange that. Also, why did Davids go to Barca? Anyone know?

faiers said:
why the hell didnt barca keep antic. it seems to me as if the dutch coaches at barca really struggle to get the players properly motivated and focused.

Probably too much Schmoke and a Pancake.... :mrgreen:

I'd like to see a more technical manager at Barca, but their choices just baffle me! They can't keep thinking that all dutch coaches are in the same vien as Cruyff. I would probably like to see Koeman there, but knowing my luck, i've probably jinxed him now. I think Camacho would also do a good job at Barca.

They need a coach who understands the viewpoint of the Catalans and their region. They have all the technicality and speed as a group with Overmars/Ronaldinho/Quaresma/Saviola... Plus that clumbersome freight train Davids. So they have the option of playing counter attacking football. I think they need to do this, and defend deep - or just defend! A few more Puyolismo's wouldn't go wanting neither...

ninjabreakz said:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Anyone see Ronaldinho's PES3-style ball flicking against Bilbao? It was pretty funny. :)

Yeah, I saw the highlights of that game last night, on a Welsh programe called SGORIO (superb show, just shit that its all in Welsh) and Ronaldinho`s flicks were class. I still reckon he should have come to United. Barca are not even in the bloody Champions League, and he is a World Cup winner. Strange that. Also, why did Davids go to Barca? Anyone know?

'Cause he had become a second choise player at Juventus.

Is Davids still the player he was? Or has he gone "down-hill" ?

ninjabreakz said:
Is Davids still the player he was? Or has he gone "down-hill" ?

Def downhill... I thought it was hilarious in the Euro2004 qualifier against the Czechs when he poleaxed Smicer. Later it was found out, this was due to him no wanted to play the whole match!

He was substituted after the foul! :twisted:

He's quite unpredictive now. Can do a lot in a game, but then on the other hand he can do shag-all.

On a brighter note, Barca chiefs have revealed they've got a little bit of extra transfer money 8)

60m!

Why does everyone rate Davids? He is just a bloody fouler! His passing is average, his dribbling his average, and his technique is average. He can shoot a bit, but doesn't score too many. And his tackling is crap, he always mis-times his challenges. Well, well overrated.

Stasman said:
Why does everyone rate Davids? He is just a bloody fouler! His passing is average, his dribbling his average, and his technique is average. He can shoot a bit, but doesn't score too many. And his tackling is crap, he always mis-times his challenges. Well, well overrated.

I think, you're exactly right! i don't rate Davids either:
i always though Davids was a bit overrated. + He was a cheat.

I agree too, think too many think of the Davids running about on their little playstation games. :mrgreen:

FD

fd1972uk said:
I agree too, think too many think of the Davids running about on their little playstation games. :mrgreen:

FD

Yeah. he was on the cover of Fifa 2003 and wears cool glasses, he must be one of the best midfielders in the world :l

I hear we just nicked Davids from you lot at the Nou Camp. Apparently you stormed in last minute with a bid just over half what we offered.

I'm suprised you was interested though, he isn't Dutch? ;)

Damn right it does.

Put in a good attacking performance tonight, i'm a little optimistic now, although the Kluivert situation is unresolved. Apart from Paddy missing, we had Puyol and Ronnie out, and Dani is a goner. :thumbup: 5-0 maybe flattered us a little as our defence was shocking at times and they had a few chances to score. Anyways top six now, away to Osasuna next weekend, and i predict a win.

Real Madrid 22 49
Valencia 22 47
Deportivo 22 43
Atl. Madrid 22 36
Barcelona 22 34
Osasuna 22 34

can some1 tell me barcelonas strongest 11 up cos im gonna be them on champ man excluding any new signings like davids cos he aint there

also if you could say what positions could do with strenthening would be great, thanks

metallica said:
can some1 tell me barcelonas strongest 11 up cos im gonna be them on champ man excluding any new signings like davids cos he aint there

also if you could say what positions could do with strenthening would be great, thanks

I'd say personally that Barcelona's best line up is as follows

- - - - - - - - - - - - - RECBER - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
REIZIGER- - - - PUYOL- - - MARQUEZ- - - VAN BRONCK.
- - - - - - - - - DAVIDS - - - - - COCU - - - - - - - - - - - -
OVERMARS - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - RONALDINHO
- - - - - - - - - - SAVIOLA - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - KLUIVERT - - - - - - - - - -

But that's my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom