Barcelona

Ha, i'm bluffing Don.

For all you know i could have attack attitude on and stuff, sending Puyol up front for attack and Paddy K coming back to cover.. Wingers swapping sides, all that shit.. :mrgreen:

haha thanks for that!

Anyway to keep on topic. I've heard Barca are planning a major clear-out in the summer. Clearing-out a 7-8 players who have a too high salary; Kluivert, Reizer, Cocu, Enrique.

Yep, i've heard the reports

Luis Enrique is a cert to leave, even he's said that. He's permanently starting on the bench. I can see him either retiring or staying in Spain, i just can't imagine him outside La Liga.

Kluivert is very likely now. He's been underperforming on and off for a few years now, and his values dropped.. But it doesn't put off teams like Arsenal and maybe when he sees they are interested he thinks that could be a good chance to kickstart his career. Sometimes i get the feeling he wants to stay, sometimes i don't.

Stasman said:
Why does everyone rate Davids? He is just a bloody fouler! His passing is average, his dribbling his average, and his technique is average. He can shoot a bit, but doesn't score too many. And his tackling is crap, he always mis-times his challenges. Well, well overrated.

because he made a lot commercials for nike ;)

Got a question for all the Barca fans here - what is the current lineup and formation for Barcelona in real life?

I have started playing with them on WE7 and wanted to set it up realistically. Also, let me know how you personalize the formation, lineup etc when you play.

thanks

Well a convincin' win over Atletico and we're officially on a run now. Four on t'trot, and we're still playing without Kluivert. Good goal again from Ronaldinho, he's our most consistent player right now, and a good move for the third goal. Barca are back, they're playing some nice stuff and although not back to elite status they can pull off results that are expected of them, it's vital they win against teams like Atletico and the ones below.

Valencia next week.

Nice to see you guys on a run again, some people seem to have forgotten about you but u definitely have the potential to be up there and hows Davids getting on.

Well he's 'getting on' the suspensions list, he was sent off again last night. Apart from that though he's done very well and had some good performances. Good signing, i hope it turns out permanent to be truthful, he's still a good player to have in my opinion.

If Barca can get a top quality striker in the summer, and another defender then i'd say they'd be back in the top 3 next season. Wahey

Yeah i've got a tenner on it too :D Celtic will be "done" at the Nou Camp i think

Third in La Liga now, 8 straight wins and Ronaldinho is proving what an awesome signing he was. Scored again today in the win at Murcia, along with Saviola. This is truly a pleasant time now for all Barca fans, after having not much to smile about in recent years. The squad is working hard and things could get better before the season is over. I expect one or two quality signings in the summer.

LA LIGA--------Played-----Points
1. Madrid--------28---------61---
2. Valencia------27---------54---
3. Barcelona----28---------52---
4. Deportivo----28---------50---

Valencia are away at Celta Vigo tonight, without Aimar again :)

I enjoyed reading the article Denirobob posted in the Madrid thread, i mean, REALLY enjoyed. Just like i am doing the current Barcelona form. What a player Ronaldinho is, nerves of steel and sheer confidence when taking the last minute free-kick to score the winner on Sunday.

6 points between Barca and Real now, the revolution is here

proximus said:
I enjoyed reading the article Denirobob posted in the Madrid thread, i mean, REALLY enjoyed. Just like i am doing the current Barcelona form. What a player Ronaldinho is, nerves of steel and sheer confidence when taking the last minute free-kick to score the winner on Sunday.

6 points between Barca and Real now, the revolution is here

yeah it was a good read :)

Barca have been amazing this season especially Ronnie, I think even he's suprised at the amount of goals he's been scoring, no wonder he's the ONLY player Fergie is regretfull of not buying....

WTF was Valdes doing?

1-0 up at Betis through Saviola, we were doing OK, then Dani takes a dive in the Barca box, ref says no foul. Then.. Valdes comes over, pushes Dani over because he thought the dive was shit, gets a red card, gives away a penalty, scored, 1-1 final score!!! :shock: :roll:

And Gerard was sent off too

12496.jpg

](*,)

Valdez is in a better shape than Rustu, too bad he fucked that up with penalty and red card...

Also, Rustu failed frequently in the begining of the season, since then he's on the bench

The penalty last night was just stupid, I was expecting the guy to miss cos it took so long to take it.

Still Barca are very strong at the mo....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
The penalty last night was just stupid, I was expecting the guy to miss cos it took so long to take it.

Still Barca are very strong at the mo....
Yeah, playing well mainly, the midfielders have much more confidence these days. I've been used to seeing Barca midfielders knock the ball around with no desire oover the last few years..

Title hopes are extremely slim now.. 8 points behind Valencia.. but as long as Real Madrid don't win i'll be mildly happy

proximus said:
Yeah, playing well mainly, the midfielders have much more confidence these days. I've been used to seeing Barca midfielders knock the ball around with no desire oover the last few years..

Title hopes are extremely slim now.. 8 points behind Valencia.. but as long as Real Madrid don't win i'll be mildly happy

yeah the second half of this season they been excellent, best barca team for a few years IMO.

Aslong as they get a CL spot (and Madrid dont win the title) Barca fans will be very happy...

We need to see Ronnie in next years CL !!!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Damn right we do.. Barcelona Vs Arsenal somewhere along the way would force me to book a flight to Spain i think.

<sits dreaming>

proximus said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Damn right we do.. Barcelona Vs Arsenal somewhere along the way would force me to book a flight to Spain i think.

<sits dreaming>

Why arsenal??

Last time I saw Barca was 98 at OT (98'99 season) Rivaldo, Luis Enrique, Sonny, Figo, it was a fantastic game after us going 2-0 up we finished with 10 men and the game finished 3-3 and I think the return leg finished the same....

Ahhhh those we're the days.......

I fucking hate Arsenal, that's why. Ronaldinho curler from 25 yards, Lehmann humiliated, beat that Reyes! :clown:

Yeah i remember that game, it was immense, pure quality. Those were the times when Barcelona always put on a performance in Europe, whereas these days, it's not so smooth (Celtic anyone?)

with them signing giuly, larsonn and deco(?) would anyone care to speculate on how they might line up next year ?

could this mean ronaldinho is on his way, i doubt it but arent he giuly and deco all fairly similar players ? luis garcia probably wont get a game now which is a shame because i thought he looked like a decent player towards the back end of last season. perhaps it will be a case of mega squad rotation but its kind of looking as if there causing problems for themselves again just as theyv got things sorted.

faiers said:
with them signing giuly, larsonn and deco(?) would anyone care to speculate on how they might line up next year ?

could this mean ronaldinho is on his way, i doubt it but arent he giuly and deco all fairly similar players ? luis garcia probably wont get a game now which is a shame because i thought he looked like a decent player towards the back end of last season. perhaps it will be a case of mega squad rotation but its kind of looking as if there causing problems for themselves again just as theyv got things sorted.

I could see Dhino as an advanced midfielder or withdrawn striker, which I believe is how he really lined up anyway. Guily reminds me of Deco, but more pacey, so I dont think Barca would really want him that bad. On the other hand, Deco has played on the wing before, too, so that is a possibility.

I guess the way I would line em up would be:

-----------Larrson-------------------
----------------------------Saviola------
------Ronaldhino----------------
Giuly--------------------Deco----
------------------------------
-------Davids?------------------

Wouldnt you think?

thats how i thought they would line up but surely that wont work will it ? although davids is going to spurs ;). i may be wrong but guily has definatly signed hasnt he ??

that would be amazing offensively but giuly and deco will offer next to nothing defensively and will surely move into central positions a lot of the time and just get in ronaldinhos way, wont they ?

personally i thought they had a good system with 3 fairly stable midfielders, ronaldinho in a sort of free role and luis garcia pulling off to the right. thats why i kind of feel there being a little self destructive by doing this.

--------Larrson Saviola
----Ronaldinho---------Giuly
-------Motta-- Xavi-------
V.Bronk..................Belletti
----------Marquez..Puyol.....
................Valdez.............

Wow... bring on the champ league!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom